Players you didn't/don't rate but everybody else seemed to?

Edu was slated every single week for us so I don't think you can say he was particularly rated here. He was the scapegoat every game. There was a period after that where people were recognising good performances but still don't think people can say he was that rated. 

21 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

I liked Spackman as well, I’d class him as underrated tbh. They were talking about him recently on Heart and Hand and it reminded me of him being touted for a Scotland cap!

Yes that's right timothy was up in arms and the sfa backed off ... some things never change 

3 hours ago, Vwbear said:

Hemdani and Papac most over rated players we have ever had. 

Just show you how everyone has different opinions. I thought Papac was superb, and in fact under-rated. Full back roles tend to be the most under-rated in any team and even more so when the person does his job with ease as Papac always did. 

11 hours ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

I’ve got a cheek tbh. I think Moses McNeil gets too much credit for the whole starting the club thing. 

We’re a new club so whys folk banging on about him anyway 

8 hours ago, Brubear said:

Just show you how everyone has different opinions. I thought Papac was superb, and in fact under-rated. Full back roles tend to be the most under-rated in any team and even more so when the person does his job with ease as Papac always did. 

Papac grew in to the role at LB. He was a centre-back turned full-back and early doors was recognised as the obvious weak point in the team being out of position. The more he played though the better he got and became one of our better players to have played in that position - a position which has had many greats but in the past 30 years has went through a few spells where we've struggled to find a consistently good LB. Walters first spell, Mcleish's managerial term and right fucking now off the top of my head.

11 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Papac grew in to the role at LB. He was a centre-back turned full-back and early doors was recognised as the obvious weak point in the team being out of position. The more he played though the better he got and became one of our better players to have played in that position - a position which has had many greats but in the past 30 years has went through a few spells where we've struggled to find a consistently good LB. Walters first spell, Mcleish's managerial term and right fucking now off the top of my head.

Ahemm...

Edit. Read that post wrong. Apologies …

image.jpeg.77ab9cdf775dac340137d538090b7c53.jpeg

Seems right to post this in this thread.

Flipping the thread on it's head I have to admit to rating Sebo. He became a joke figure amongst the opposition and a cult hero amongst our own. There's a reason for that cult hero status and it wasn't just his work-rate and speed. Sebo had incredible talent. Very skilful with the ball but always seemed to snatch at the ball in front of the goals. A couple of valium would have sorted him out.

Controversial but better than Morelos.

5 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Ahemm...

Edit. Read that post wrong. Apologies …

image.jpeg.77ab9cdf775dac340137d538090b7c53.jpeg

The only Rangers player I've shook hands with. Local to me. Or used to be. Not actually seen him kicking about Hamilton in years. Certainly lived in Hamilton 5 years ago which is a long time since he left us as a player.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

The only Rangers player I've shook hands with. Local to me. Or used to be. Not actually seen him kicking about Hamilton in years. Certainly lived in Hamilton 5 years ago which is a long time since he left us as a player.

Glad he sussed you out before the pic got took mate...

2 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Glad he sussed you out before the pic got took mate...

:lol: Sadly I was annoying him as a wee guy in ASDA. Didny know any better.  Absolute gentleman though. Took the time out of shopping to talk to me and my mates who were all about 11 I think. We were going down the Palace Grounds for a kick-about and we extended an invite. Sadly he declined. What was I saying about gentleman lol?

12 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

@AlbertzLoyalRSC

Only asking because of the username. How many games did Albertz play at LB and was he any good at defending before being moved to midfield? I can't quite remember as I was just a wee boy. I just remember his goals especially against them.

I was late teens mate and memories are blurred :whistle:

I've never thought/ remembered him as a LB but I could be wrong.

I'm not in his RSC by the way

:UK: