Players you rated but no-one else did or didn't think were as bad as made out

K.A.I

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Her would be if he was unfit, an alky and had tits

He had a poor first touch and players used to refuse to pass to him even when he had acres of space.

Dont actually remember his fitness level.

Just now, tom1780 said:

Phil Bardsley I rated 

Another good shout. I thought Lee Martin at the same time looked like a good winger aswell but was sent back and for a while people called him shite. I thought they were both good players for us.

Averladze I mind a few people used to get on his case and call him shite. I liked him and was buzzing when it came up on SKY we'd signed him from Ajax - it's only recently people talk about him fondly but I thought he was a good, natural finisher.

26 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

To complete the series.

What players did we have, that you quite liked or rated that the other fans didn't seem to like? 

Or players you didn't think were as bad as made out?

Or some that never got a chance who you thought would do well??

I expect to be roared at off the shouty mob but I thought Kygriakos had a decent spell with us before going a bit retard towards the end ... I also thought Rodriguez from Marseilles was starting to come onto a game just as Smith came in and got rid.

Chris Burke I quite liked too. I know he was young and inconsistent but most wingers are. Thought he had good natural ability.

Bonnisell looked alright to me. He played well that cup final against celtic and was never seen again. 

Stevie Thompson - got a hard time, was a target of abuse for decent big striker good at holding play up. 

Charlie Adam I thought was another that got a torrid time and was annoyed to see him sold to Blackpool. Obviously a little rough round the edges but anyone should have been able to see his raw ability. 

Maniero I thought would have been a sensation. Decent Seria A goalscorer, phsycial, thought he'd tear it up here but never played once under McLeish. Was excited when he signed.

Lee Feeney was an Advocaat signing. My Dad was a gaffer in Haarland and Wolff at the time and phoned me to say Rangers have signed a boy from Linfield and everyone in the yard was buzzing, they'd been talking about him for ages - meant to be very skillfull and naturally talented. Don't think he played once either.

The one that's going to trigger everyone - Rothen - I know it never worked out, but I seen some decent dig in him and thought he could whip a decent ball in - he just had no pace/skill and I think people thought he was going to go on left wing, skinning everycunt. Thought Stuttgart away the 1-1 draw he had a really good game.

Stevie McLean I thought his debut that night he came on at Firhill when we were 1-0 down with about 10-minutes to go, he showed a bit of muscle upfront and changed the game. I thought he'd be a player for us but he went off to Scunthorpe.

I also seen something in Djordic, Alan Gow, Stevie Lennon in their glimpses for us that had me thinking they would be decent players for us, but the fact they did fuck-all after leaving us showed me that it was probably just me seeing things.

Who's your choices? I expect abuse for some of them mentions, the RangersMedia way that's what happens when emotive wee men with keyboards can't handle what you think. 

Stevie Thompson was very under rated he put himself about brilliantly and his bullying contributed to a lot of important goals. 

His contribuation against Dunfermline in 6 1 games goes unnoticed. 

3 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

Stevie Thompson was very under rated he put himself about brilliantly and his bullying contributed to a lot of important goals. 

His contribuation against Dunfermline in 6 1 games goes unnoticed. 

Also. 

When le guen was starting to field teams that looked so gutless in attack Thompson would have been a much better option than dado who’s knee had unfortunately got the better of him and sebo who was just hopeless. 

Barrie McKay. Thought and still think he would be great for us in the attacking mid role, was wasted out wide. 

Always thought Peralta was decent when we were traipsing around the lower leagues so never understood why he never played too much. 

Non Rangers but John McGinn.

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

You'd have to have the muppet gene to think Arveladze was shite.

Classy player surrounded by even classier players is what he was.

??

Ibrox is full of muppets. Do you go to games with headphones on mate? 

3 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Barrie McKay. Thought and still think he would be great for us in the attacking mid role, was wasted out wide. 

Always thought Peralta was decent when we were traipsing around the lower leagues so never understood why he never played too much. 

Non Rangers but John McGinn.

You're an absolute numpty mate

2 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Nicky Law.

Our fans think if someones not running about like a headless goon they're hiding or invisible.

I meant to stick him in my OP he was nowhere near as bad as people said with the invisible man stuff. He was a great passer of the ball and his moves and passes were probbing and not the generic balls a hot potato, get rid to the nearest man as standard or lump it long like Goss.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

We can do without the hillbilly spelling. You're better than that.

That spelling is from the swagtastic Rekt videos and anime ... think Spoderman and that type of thing. It's really like poetry.