Barry Ferguson

4 hours ago, saintbob1969 said:

Is he not there for a charity event. Get a grip.

What next, Walter Smith spotted playing bowls on green grass?!

Worse than that. Walter at a charity event played on green grass shaking hands with TLB.

neil-lennon-and-walter-smith-smiling-image-1-808646144.thumb.jpg.6a3326b79acc9996e6e5639fd4eac48e.jpg

It's a wonder that Uncle Walter survived that one. Some might say his achievements and profile mean it doesn't fucking matter.

9 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

There was also a charity night at Ibrox for the RSEA & FRPBF....

Some times you commit to things before you find out about other things. Plenty of celtic players and supporters have gotten involved in Rangers charities and most recently a lot of people from across Scotland have worked for MND and Fernando Rickson. I don't think its clever getting pictures anywhere near that dump and I've just seen that pic of Walter with Lennon but honestly I'd prefer we leave the paranoia and hatred to people from other backgrounds and other teams.

16 hours ago, Paulbrian11 said:

Guy’s done more for Rangers than every one of us put together.  That should be all that matters 

i suspect the the green eyed monster has a lot to do with the abuse local ex players get.  They lived the dream we couldn’t.

There has been a long line of Rangers Captains, wee Barry is one of them. Somehow I can't see John Greig or Richard Gough doing what Barry done here, I can see Butcher though he declared himself a nuteral on BT Sport one day, made me sick.

I'm 50 and have only attended the kiddie fiddling castle when we were playing them, I may have considered having my photo taken having a shit outside their entrance but that would be it. I'm also not into this diluted PC Rangers fan shit I'm what the modern era gers fans call  uber staunch. My wee Maw binned all my Rangers gear the day Mo Johnston signed and I'm still proud as fk of her.

Maybe I'm a dinosaur but I'd rather be from my era and not one real Rangers fan from my era would consider attending their shithole unless we were playing them.  Posing for selfies with pape mates outside in front of a banner designed to rub our noses in the shit?

In the words of another staunch man NEVER, NEVER, NEVER. 

There is the other picture from the article - maybe some people can get annoyed at the statue behind him. Me going out in the sun soon unlike the 12 year old who they are publishing a charity match for who sadly died.

BF.jpg

My hero growing up until he lef us for Blackburn. Never forgave him for that. I don't mind players leaving us for club s of similar stature, he could of gone to Everton for gods sake, but Blackburn rovers?! Shit bloke, greedy,  fenian family, no class, terrible manager, bad father , traitor . Why so many Rangers fans idolise this knob head is beyond me 

3 minutes ago, gj923 said:

There is the other picture from the article - maybe some people can get annoyed at the statue behind him. Me going out in the sun soon unlike the 12 year old who they are publishing a charity match for who sadly died.

BF.jpg

Lots of ex players do loads of worthwhile charity work but don't feel the need to shout it from the rooftops like these two. That's self publisising on the back of a charity, Sir Tom Hunter doesn't tweet all his philanthropist work it's not why he does it.

Did this charity run the CL viewing at the Palace of Paedo? 

The man could have done his bit for charity and headed back to his clyde valley mansion bought on earnings from our Club and watched the CL final there, or any one of thousands of pubs showing it.

Nobody is questioning the Charity event, that's commendable, it's what wee Barry done next that we don't get.

10 minutes ago, MK Dumfries said:

My hero growing up until he lef us for Blackburn. Never forgave him for that. I don't mind players leaving us for club s of similar stature, he could of gone to Everton for gods sake, but Blackburn rovers?! Shit bloke, greedy,  fenian family, no class, terrible manager, bad father , traitor . Why so many Rangers fans idolise this knob head is beyond me 

:lol: 

Wanker

1 minute ago, RTID 1968 said:

Lots of ex players do loads of worthwhile charity work but don't feel the need to shout it from the rooftops like these two. That's self publisising on the back of a charity, Sir Tom Hunter doesn't tweet all his philanthropist work it's not why he does it.

The man could have done his bit for charity and headed back to his clyde valley mansion bought on earnings from our Club and watched the CL final there, or any one of thousands of pubs showing it.

Nobody is questioning the Charity event, that's commendable, it's what wee Barry done next that we don't get.

Publicising the cause it's for isn't 'shouting from the rooftops' about it.

Just now, Goosetav said:

Publicising the cause it's for isn't 'shouting from the rooftops' about it.

I have raised tens of thousands for armed forces charities and unfortunately this is the first time I've ever had to mention it. Anyway wasn't it wee Simons Twitter feed, I don't think Baz appeals to his followers except when he's dumb enough to get in that selfie for their entertainment.

1 minute ago, RTID 1968 said:

I have raised tens of thousands for armed forces charities and unfortunately this is the first time I've ever had to mention it. Anyway wasn't it wee Simons Twitter feed, I don't think Baz appeals to his followers except when he's dumb enough to get in that selfie for their entertainment.

That's a great thing you've done but with all due respect everyone knows about those charities.

Without publicising this who would have known this charity was a thing? Very few people.

7 minutes ago, RTID 1968 said:

How did you raise any money without telling people about it?

1 minute ago, Goosetav said:

That's a great thing you've done but with all due respect everyone knows about those charities.

Without publicising this who would have known this charity was a thing? Very few people.

What does Barry's selfie In front of the cheesy taig double treble do to raise awareness for the charity when he has already had a "publicity" shot taken earlier. It has nothing to do with his involvement with this charity it's what he done after the charity event.

Does all the staunch prods who attend the Emirates pop over for a photo op and a tour of the paedo dome?

I'm sure even today's version of Rangers men would not.

2 minutes ago, VentyFour said:

How did you raise any money without telling people about it?

I have never mentioned it to anyone, that's what that meant mate. How I raised the money is my business, I feel bad enough mentioning it on here to Rangers men who defend we Barry for going to social events at the paedo dome.

Sometimes I can't work out the modern day Rangers support, anything to trip each other up no wonder the Fenians are having a field day.

11 minutes ago, RTID 1968 said:

What does Barry's selfie In front of the cheesy taig double treble do to raise awareness for the charity when he has already had a "publicity" shot taken earlier. It has nothing to do with his involvement with this charity it's what he done after the charity event.

Does all the staunch prods who attend the Emirates pop over for a photo op and a tour of the paedo dome?

I'm sure even today's version of Rangers men would not.

You need to make your mind up about what it is you're angry about.

38 minutes ago, MK Dumfries said:

You forgot to add that he's also a shite ride.

Just now, Goosetav said:

You need to make your mind up about what it is you're angry about.

I don't at all mate and I also don't need to do anything you tell me. You all enjoy your modern thinking love in, I'm on 12 hour nights so I'm off to sleep. Why dont you suggest that the Rangers Hall of Fame organise an outing to the peadodome next year for the CL final and see how many show up.

35 minutes ago, RTID 1968 said:

So they aren't to publicise a charity match? How do you propose they get folk to attend said charity match if they don't publicise it?

Tom Hunter is regularly in the media in relation to philanthropic work he does.

12 minutes ago, RTID 1968 said:

There was charities before the internet and Twitter n all the self promotion platforms. It was harder work but people done it all the time, thankfully millions of them.

There was. Normally they used newspapers (local and national) for coverage as well as stuff like local radio etc. Crazy that folk might publicise charity work in an attempt to generate more interest in said charity. It's almost as if it goes to helping the charity raise funds. Just look at the promotional work Rangers do for their own charity foundation. Shameful that Rangers promote such stuff. Would never have happened in your day.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

So they aren't to publicise a charity match? How do you propose they get folk to attend said charity match if they don't publicise it?

Tom Hunter is regularly in the media in relation to philanthropic work he does.

God Almighty, word of mouth, leaflets, posters adverts ect. Now I'm too tired for all the attacks from my fellow fans, you guys back each other all the time eh. I don't care how you think I should act or think, I don't give a fk at all. I'm a conservative, Presbyterian, staunch, bigot and hate all Rangers haters, more so the ones I feel we have within our own support.

Now no harm to you guys, it's bed time.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There was. Normally they used newspapers (local and national) for coverage as well as stuff like local radio etc. Crazy that folk might publicise charity work in an attempt to generate more interest in said charity. It's almost as if it goes to helping the charity raise funds. Just look at the promotional work Rangers do for their own charity foundation. Shameful that Rangers promote such stuff. Would never have happened in your day.

I collected money in tubs at an event with over 40,000 at it. No adverts no publicity no fk all. Council collectors licences and big plastic tubs. Oh and the initiative to do it. Cheers.

2 minutes ago, RTID 1968 said:

I collected money in tubs at an event with over 40,000 at it. No adverts no publicity no fk all. Council collectors licences and big plastic tubs. Oh and the initiative to do it. Cheers.

How do big plastic tubs get punters to attend a charity game? You're comparing two massively different ways of fundraising in an attempt to act uber staunch. I look forward to your inevitable meltdown when Rangers tweet about upcoming charity events.