Honest Mistakes

KingKirk

16 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Any of them apart from Jack had more than one in the same season, while being on the receiving end of two straight red challenges that went unpunished one of which ended his season???

Only thing that’s laughable is so called Rangers fans being too afraid to point out the obvious. 

Bang on. 

22 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Any of them apart from Jack had more than one in the same season, while being on the receiving end of two straight red challenges that went unpunished one of which ended his season???

Only thing that’s laughable is so called Rangers fans being too afraid to point out the obvious. 

No idea. Cedric Kipre might have but can’t remember off the top of my head. There’s been plenty gone in our favour too. Pena could have had reds against St Johnstone and Hamilton but didn’t for example.

Motherwell believe Craig Thomson got 3 of 5 red cards he issued them wrong. 

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38216269

ST. Johnstone think Andrew Dallas is out to get them https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42931745

57 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Bates penalty decision against Hibs, penalty against Motherwell, Pena not being sent off against Hamilton? An offside goal against Aberdeen, McCrorie was lucky not to be sent off in the first Pittodrie game, and probably a few more

Well, that's just it.  Taigs would (and have) used these kind of examples....along with similar as the OP video...to demonstrate why refs are against them.  And I agree most other teams could do the same if they chose to.  Confirmation bias its called.  I have difficulty getting too excited about stuff like this having spent years ridiculing tims for doing exactly the same.  In fact, I spent a bit of time disproving their theory over press bias on the old beeb forums.  That was fun.

12 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Same hibs game we were denied a stonewall penalty first, same motherwell game where their penalty was soft as shit, same hamilton game where jack was sent off for two bookings, both very harsh and Hamilton kept 11 on the park after our penalty that was a clear red card, dont remember the offside goal, as for mccrorie not being sent off, same goes for shinnie in the game jack got his red card

Make no mistake, the shambolic decisions against us started in the first game away to motherwell and ended in the last game away to hibs, 

Moult not sent off in first game, the beaton shame game, hearts at home perfectly good goal chopped off, thistle away keep 11 men on the park in first half for a shocking tackle, morelos not getting the penalty against the tarriers at 0-0

The games i have mentioned there took us to what, early October? But it resulted in an 8 point swing at the top of the league

So you're saying we could still have Pedro had the refs played it honestly?  :wow:

Just now, The Dude said:

No idea. Cedric Kipre might have but can’t remember off the top of my head. There’s been plenty gone in our favour too. Pena could have had reds against St Johnstone and Hamilton but didn’t for example.

Motherwell believe Craig Thomson got 3 of 5 red cards he issued them wrong. 

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38216269

ST. Johnstone think Andrew Dallas is out to get them https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42931745

Right so you have no idea but we are paranoid. ??

I don’t care what supporters think, just the facts. Jack had 2 red cards rescinded and 2 tackles just as bad as his Red card totally ignored. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Right so you have no idea but we are paranoid. ??

I don’t care what supporters think, just the facts. Jack had 2 red cards rescinded and 2 tackles just as bad as his Red card totally ignored. 

No. I have no idea which players specifically had a certain number of cards overturned.

loads of players had red cards rescinded. Motherwell had several over the season.

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No. I have no idea which players specifically had a certain number of cards overturned.

loads of players had red cards rescinded. Motherwell had several over the season.

Same player more than once??

Can you give us the names of the players??

Wasting your time with the ones  that can't see it 

I can't even be arsed debating with them to be honest 

So they had 5 red cards, any of them rescinded??

Any of them to the same player and rescinded again??

two of them were rescinded. One of Kipre's and one for Charles Dunne. Another (Kipre again) wasn't appealed because of the "time and money wasted already" despite having a really strong case.

All five were issued by the same referee (craig thomson)

Thread reaks of loser mentality 

we have always had a hard time with refs because they’re shite, but we don’t notice/care as much when winning. We in fact laugh at other teams greetin about refs as we strolled to another league.

things have changed and the loser mentality/paranoia is setting in

Didn't see it too biased against us. saw it as just shite refereeing.

Now Tony McLennan decisions to try to prosecute further and punish Rangers players was, in my opinion.

I am  gad the rat is retiring from his post and going back to defending the unwashed.

9 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Wasting your time with the ones  that can't see it 

I can't even be arsed debating with them to be honest 

See what?

see what we want to?

if the refs are actually working against us then what?

we going to seek clarification? :lol:

all this kind of shit does is make us look like bad losers and make us worry about and fight over the bones when we should be thinking about other things - eg being properly managed/ better tactics/ better players - that’s the real meat of the issue

only losers scream about refs, or bad weather 

I couldn't care less about isolated fouls and free kick given against us. These things happen throughout the game. 

the ones I am more concerned about are the game changers. Of these, there have been more than you would reasonably expect to have against you in one season. By game changers, I mean incorrect red cards given to our players, red cards not given to opposition players, and decisions given that have resulted in our losing players through injury for a fair amount of the season. 

These decisions have cost is points, prize money and preparation time for the new season. 

Those who are saying "the refs are just shite", you have used that as a stick to beat those who you say are "paranoid". Do something about it if you recognise the standard is that low. Do not accept it. Push for change. 

If you push for change, along with those you name "paranoid", then standards may actually improve. Training may be given. Something for the good of scottish football. 

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I couldn't care less about isolated fouls and free kick given against us. These things happen throughout the game. 

the ones I am more concerned about are the game changers. Of these, there have been more than you would reasonably expect to have against you in one season. By game changers, I mean incorrect red cards given to our players, red cards not given to opposition players, and decisions given that have resulted in our losing players through injury for a fair amount of the season. 

These decisions have cost is points, prize money and preparation time for the new season. 

Those who are saying "the refs are just shite", you have used that as a stick to beat those who you say are "paranoid". Do something about it if you recognise the standard is that low. Do not accept it. Push for change. 

If you push for change, along with those you name "paranoid", then standards may actually improve. Training may be given. Something for the good of scottish football. 

Or you can push for change in refereeing standards without sounding like a complete lunatic and making up some sort of conspiracy against us.

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

two of them were rescinded. One of Kipre's and one for Charles Dunne. Another (Kipre again) wasn't appealed because of the "time and money wasted already" despite having a really strong case.

All five were issued by the same referee (craig thomson)

So they have one dodgy Ref. ?? or they have one Ref that’s noticed what a shower of dirty bastards they are. Did they moan about Kipre getting off Scot free with putting Jack out for the season??? 

So they had a strong case but didn’t want to waste the money. ?? ok then  

They still haven’t had the same player red carded multiple times and half of those cards rescinded, our multiple players out for the season. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Or you can push for change in refereeing standards without sounding like a complete lunatic and making up some sort of conspiracy against us.

That is why a concerted and unified effort should be made, rather than just labelling people lunatics.

The correct way of pushing for change would then be put into action, potentially a letter or a petition seeking better standards or pushing for full time referees, who are more accountable for their decisions. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Who has made up a conspiracy????

Have we claimed all the Refs got together and decided to fuck us over???

No, we have simply pointed out the glaringly obvious decisions that seem to go against us game after game while the other teams are held to a different standard. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

No, we have simply pointed out the glaringly obvious decisions that seem to go against us game after game while the other teams are held to a different standard. 

That's the frustration i have with debating with some. They have the blinkers on,and that if you say we are held to a different standard, they trot out the paranoid line and that we are looking at conspiracy theories. 

The posts i have seen have been well measured and researched. The decisions against us haven't just been little ones here and there, they have changed games. 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The first post in the thread literally say we have been refereed "to a different standard" - a phrase you also used. So this "different standard" is it accidental?

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

That's the frustration i have with debating with some. They have the blinkers on,and that if you say we are held to a different standard, they trot out the paranoid line and that we are looking at conspiracy theories. 

The posts i have seen have been well measured and researched. The decisions against us haven't just been little ones here and there, they have changed games. 

I haven't seen a single post yet give a comparison between the number of red cards issued to other sides and a comparison of the numbers rescinded - or a comparison of the actual challenged that merited the decisions.

Do you think other red cards that were later rescinded or other woeful decisions made by referees didn't change games?

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Think you are bang on in this instance mate.  Game changing decisions and blatantly obvious ones to get right. 

11 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So they have one dodgy Ref. ?? or they have one Ref that’s noticed what a shower of dirty bastards they are. Did they moan about Kipre getting off Scot free with putting Jack out for the season??? 

So they had a strong case but didn’t want to waste the money. ?? ok then  

They still haven’t had the same player red carded multiple times and half of those cards rescinded, our multiple players out for the season. 

Cedric kipre - two red cards. one rescinded. That's the same player sent off multiple times with half of them rescinded.

Here's the Motherwell manager's quote where he said exactly that (clubs have to pay £500 simply to submit an appeal). Even Chris Sutton said that Scott Sinclair dived to get Kipre sent off.

""It's very simple. We have appealed numerous decisions and we've wasted a lot of time and money. Another reason is we want Cedric Kipre totally focused on Wednesday night and Saturday. We've got big, big games."

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I haven't seen a single post yet give a comparison between the number of red cards issued to other sides and a comparison of the numbers rescinded - or a comparison of the actual challenged that merited the decisions.

Do you think other red cards that were later rescinded or other woeful decisions made by referees didn't change games?

You're backing that argument. Justify it, tell us the games they influenced and the points they cost their teams and why. I'm interested in Rangers by default, you seem to have a hard on for everyone but us.

Or should we go out and research your argument. The same way as when I said our treatment was worse than others unless proven to the contrary you suggested I go look at every other incident and foul at every other team to find it out for myself. "Review every decision made by referees all season" or some shite ??