*** The Official Kilmarnock vs Rangers FC Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ryju84 said:

Jack Couli and Halliday might actually work...

(And we were all praising Jack Couli and Arfield as the "3 " a few weeks ago)

Absolutely not.

we need a player to play off Morelos.

No problem with Arfield doing that in tougher games but we need a goalscoring midfielder/playmaker.

Morelos is on fire the now but even at early stage the lack of goals and creativity from 3 behind is a worry.

Very good win against a solid team who are playing well. Our momentum will turn into a juggernaut and we should start smashing teams once our squad is settled... and yes I am starting to get carried away. Kilmarnock or not. We put this Russian mob out over the next fortnight it’s game on. 

GK and defence solid apart from one lapse of concentration.

Halliday superb. Morelos superb.

Need more from Arfield. 

Ejaria and Kent just not good enough.

Sadiq is in the wrong sport.

Job done and into next round.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Absolutely not.

we need a player to play off Morelos.

No problem with Arfield doing that in tougher games but we need a goalscoring midfielder/playmaker.

Morelos is on fire the now but even at early stage the lack of goals and creativity from 3 behind is a worry.

Can couli not play up off him... strong and skillful.

That was my opinion?

Granted, I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, Amac9 said:

GK and defence solid apart from one lapse of concentration.

Halliday superb. Morelos superb.

Need more from Arfield. 

Ejaria and Kent just not good enough.

Sadiq is in the wrong sport.

Job done and into next round.

More from Arfield, he was involved in everything and a close second for MOTM. 

Good performance in tough conditions.  Morelos is brilliant right now.  Confident and in the faces of opposition defenders, forcing them into making mistakes.  Sadiq is going to have to learn a lot about the Scottish game.  You can't go to ground as a Rangers player because the referees will never give you a decision.  Also needs to be smarter challenging the opposition defenders because a slight touch and they will get the decision.  Halliday and Ejaria were ok but we'll be stronger when Jack and Coulibally are back.  Same with Wes, did ok but McGregor back improves the team.

Very good all round performance at a difficult venue.  Arfield worked his socks off, as did everyone and we weren't bullied as we would have been previously.  Hope Murphy's injury isn't as bad as it looked as we could end up short in midfield and attack.  Would like to have seen Middleton on for Kent in the second half.

5 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Wasn't able to watch today but fucking chuffed! Did we play well? Reports suggest we did 

We weren't great but we were comfortably better than killie and never in any serious danger. A lot of players rested too.

13 minutes ago, Iggy666 said:

Great win. I know a few posters on here will disagree with me but Jordan Jones would absolutely improve us. Should really be looking to get him.

If Murphy is out long term. Then yeah we should make a go at getting Jones. Looks dangerous whenever I've seen him play against us. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

More from Arfield, he was involved in everything and a close second for MOTM. 

I think he will turn out to be our most effective signing as the season wears on. Not necessarily through his actions or stats but just his influence. He just talks constantly and seems to make the right decision time and time again.

Archived