***The Official Spartak Moscow v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

It’s a big ask. December is a cunt of a month with our fixtures. The taigs finding their form again so they won’t drop too many points before the break. Just hope we have enough to go on a decent run. The OF game will take care of its self as it the last game and they know it’s a holiday after that game so hopefully give it in big effort to beat they cunts 

I'm not going to get too carried away like I have before. They are still a level above us. 

Come that day I'll be convinced of a win for us again though.

14 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

This is my first post since our third goal went in. We were unlucky with the offside (linesman to blame) but they could have had a couple of penalties if the ref had not been very fair IMO. Scoring three goals away from home and still losing I think backs up your point, we stopped believing and made some hellish errors that gave them the two goals they needed. We still do not have a winning mentality IM O when it counts. The semi-final was a perfect example.

I have said a few times over the last few weeks we should be looking at employing a sports psychologist because we have too many players who are losers in our team and unless they can be made to believe they will not get us 55. Tav as captain has been a loser since he came apart from getting promotion and I still think making him captain was a mistake.

We can obviously still go through, but to be honest I am far more concerned about what we do on Sunday, we need three points, nothing else will do, or our season will be going in the wrong direction.    

I think Stevie needs to look at himself with his reluctance to making subs, it is starting to concern me and hope he sorts that out and soon.

And a great one it was too mate. Can't disagree with any of that. Turning up only for 45 minutes of games isn't a new thing either. We also saw this with the last 3 managers at stages too. I think if we'd got 4-2 at HT then we would have knocked the stuffing out of them, but for whatever reason, 3-2 just wasn't enough. We just never showed up until 87 minutes.

1 minute ago, BlueboyG said:

I said this squad are not good enough and Tav should not be captain and I will proven correct very soon , ffs you would think we we are against the cream of Europe, we were fortunate when the groups came out, we have taken 1 point from the team who were at the bottom of the group, before this game,if that's acceptable to you then your expectations are much lower than mine, when we can't beat shite teams like Motherwell , Killie, Livi etc then we will win fuck all, that's why I stated this squad is not good enough, if you think it is good enough then you are deluded, if SG buys again in the next window then that is proof that what he has is not good enough,

Spartak were in the CL qualifiers in the summer Villarreal finished 5th in spain last season  and made the last 32 of the EL 

Domestically we are 5 points off the top with a game in hand 

IF SG buys again in the next window lol mate like thats gonna prove anything FFS. Man city might make a signing or 2 in Jan clearly there no good enough eh.

Away and have a lie doon mate 

6 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

And a great one it was too mate. Can't disagree with any of that. Turning up only for 45 minutes of games isn't a new thing either. We also saw this with the last 3 managers at stages too. I think if we'd got 4-2 at HT then we would have knocked the stuffing out of them, but for whatever reason, 3-2 just wasn't enough. We just never showed up until 87 minutes.

Yes that is how I see it as well. :thumbup:

20 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I never said any of that, did I? Just because I didnt agree with us being "aboslute shite" and them being "far superior" doesnt mean I think we were fucking Barcelona... It simply doesnt work like that... Ach...why should I be looking for a balanced view.

classic strawman.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Spartak were in the CL qualifiers in the summer Villarreal finished 5th in spain last season  and made the last 32 of the EL 

Domestically we are 5 points off the top with a game in hand 

IF SG buys again in the next window lol mate like thats gonna prove anything FFS. Man city might make a signing or 2 in Jan clearly there no good enough eh.

Away and have a lie doon mate 

You are so fuckin deluded if you think this squad is good enough to win anything , now away tae yer bed and when you wake up you might face reality.

16 minutes ago, Laudo said:

Aye whatever...my understanding of Hibs’ed it , was that meant a spectacular failure with only ourselves to blame.... id say that pretty much sums us up tonight! I can afford my own WiFi thanks, just like I’ve afforded the last 22 years of season tickets I’ve bought, cheers. 

Apologies there's been some howlers on tonight if that's an excuse.

You can question the manager when it comes to how long it takes to make subs maybe but we lost that game because of players who have been playing the game professionally for years making mistakes that kids make. Not making simple clearances and rank amateur positioning. The manager should be able to trust them to do the basics. I would like to think he now knows in flanagans case at least that he cant trust him again.

2 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Apologies there's been some howlers on tonight if that's an excuse.

Think we’re all a bit pissed off tonight.... I’m maybe a bit more blase about results now, I’ve seen all the highs and the lows and nothing surprises me anymore... One step forward, two back at times! I’m forever the pessimist. Sorry, I maybe should have picked words better seeing as result still raw for folk. 

1 minute ago, Laudo said:

Think we’re all a bit pissed off tonight.... I’m maybe a bit more blase about results now, I’ve seen all the highs and the lows and nothing surprises me anymore... One step forward, two back at times! I’m forever the pessimist. Sorry, I maybe should have picked words better seeing as result still raw for folk. 

Aye sound mate. 

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

Agree. Some will have you believe we were pish and they were amazing, though. We were unlucky tonight. 

We said after the game at Ibrox that it was pub football for pro’s.

Tonight was just as much pub football, with added goals.

They really did show what total disarray their club is in.

Yet they still came back 3 times to beat us.

Only amazing things on show tonight were a couple of McGregor’s saves.

1 minute ago, j1mgg said:

Just finished watching the game, we have royaly fucked it.

Fucked it.... that’s what I should have said!! Here’s me thinking Hibs’ed it was taking the piss out of Hibs while acknowledging our poor performance! 

6 minutes ago, Laudo said:

Fucked it.... that’s what I should have said!! Here’s me thinking Hibs’ed it was taking the piss out of Hibs while acknowledging our poor performance! 

Have Hibs even been in Europe?

We didn't even play well IMO yet still scored three in Moscow and have came away with zero points. Not good enough for us. Albeit the fact we're even playing games like this is brilliant after last season. 

In terms of the performance found the team a little disorganised especially in the middle. The midfield was non existent at times and I wonder how important Arfield is. 

Flanagan had a nightmare and is perhaps showing that his off the field issues over the years have hampered his talent. Came through at Liverpool and looked a player but he has been shocking a few times already for us. 

Katic was out his depth. Made so many silly, infuriating mistakes and schoolboy errors. He actually ushered Flanagan away from marking Bochetti for an opposition corner, taking the reign which looked impressive, then completely misjudged the ball and nearly gave Bochetti a goal. 

Goldson had an unlucky night tbf. Made a howler at the OG but we've all been there. 

Morelos put in a good shift and scored that great goal which was wrongly disallowed. What a ball from Candeias and just after the latter had made up for giving Spartak the equaliser.

Gerrards timing of subs is some issue for me. Not just tonight (he didn't have much attacking options) but in general its seriously frustrating. 

All in all a right sickner. Need to win on Sunday. 

Archived