G.E.C.

***The Official Spartak Moscow v Rangers Thread***

9 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Your original post was about us going nowhere with this squad that is pish and you know it. Every single person on here would snap your hand off to go into the final match with a chance of going through that is still possible.

We should of had 4 goals tonight that would of gave us a point it never happened but we are well in this 8 points could get us through

fuck sake mate stop talking sense on here it will never catch on...place is full of wanksocks at times

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

I’m the same. Europe was a bonus tbh and free money that no one expected. 

Domestically we will toil but I live in hope that we can stay on the coat tails of the taigs, and get a few good players in on January and hopefully make a challenge of it until the end of the season

Big ask but one I pray for too.

7 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Aye you’re right. We were quality tonight. Thee taigs are pish and we are going to romp home to 55

I never said any of that, did I? Just because I didnt agree with us being "aboslute shite" and them being "far superior" doesnt mean I think we were fucking Barcelona... It simply doesnt work like that... Ach...why should I be looking for a balanced view.

• Like 2

Just now, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Big ask but one I pray for too.

It’s a big ask. December is a cunt of a month with our fixtures. The taigs finding their form again so they won’t drop too many points before the break. Just hope we have enough to go on a decent run. The OF game will take care of its self as it the last game and they know it’s a holiday after that game so hopefully give it in big effort to beat they cunts 

4 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

fuck sake mate stop talking sense on here it will never catch on...place is full of wanksocks at times

Exactly.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

how long that celtic team been together? how much have they spent?  its down to the board if we stop 10.......we need to buy quality, we have been together a few months ffs.  we can only dream of having a transfer budget like spartak, the defence was shocking, we shulda took something from the game, luck wasnt on our side either.  the 4th goal, their deflection and Goldson ffs, and hitting the post in the 90th. how can you blame SG for that, he's playing with what hes got ATM. He will need time and get it, were not getting instant success, we dont have the money. SG wil get it right. the board need to back him. 

Agree with this.

18 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

I have no idea how much they spent but I reckon it’s a lot less than we have tbh

Pish!

Their two French players probably cost them more than our entire team ffs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

I dont see how that question is relevant to your we are going nowhere with this squad pish. Will we win the league. Tough ask however I didn't think we could make the knockout rounds of the EL and we still can.

I said this squad are not good enough and Tav should not be captain and I will proven correct very soon , ffs you would think we we are against the cream of Europe, we were fortunate when the groups came out, we have taken 1 point from the team who were at the bottom of the group, before this game,if that's acceptable to you then your expectations are much lower than mine, when we can't beat shite teams like Motherwell , Killie, Livi etc then we will win fuck all, that's why I stated this squad is not good enough, if you think it is good enough then you are deluded, if SG buys again in the next window then that is proof that what he has is not good enough,

4 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Stealing a Protestant's wi-fi ya fucking tramp.

Aye whatever...my understanding of Hibs’ed it , was that meant a spectacular failure with only ourselves to blame.... id say that pretty much sums us up tonight! I can afford my own WiFi thanks, just like I’ve afforded the last 22 years of season tickets I’ve bought, cheers. 

4 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

It’s a big ask. December is a cunt of a month with our fixtures. The taigs finding their form again so they won’t drop too many points before the break. Just hope we have enough to go on a decent run. The OF game will take care of its self as it the last game and they know it’s a holiday after that game so hopefully give it in big effort to beat they cunts 

I'm not going to get too carried away like I have before. They are still a level above us. 

Come that day I'll be convinced of a win for us again though.

14 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

This is my first post since our third goal went in. We were unlucky with the offside (linesman to blame) but they could have had a couple of penalties if the ref had not been very fair IMO. Scoring three goals away from home and still losing I think backs up your point, we stopped believing and made some hellish errors that gave them the two goals they needed. We still do not have a winning mentality IM O when it counts. The semi-final was a perfect example.

I have said a few times over the last few weeks we should be looking at employing a sports psychologist because we have too many players who are losers in our team and unless they can be made to believe they will not get us 55. Tav as captain has been a loser since he came apart from getting promotion and I still think making him captain was a mistake.

We can obviously still go through, but to be honest I am far more concerned about what we do on Sunday, we need three points, nothing else will do, or our season will be going in the wrong direction.    

I think Stevie needs to look at himself with his reluctance to making subs, it is starting to concern me and hope he sorts that out and soon.

And a great one it was too mate. Can't disagree with any of that. Turning up only for 45 minutes of games isn't a new thing either. We also saw this with the last 3 managers at stages too. I think if we'd got 4-2 at HT then we would have knocked the stuffing out of them, but for whatever reason, 3-2 just wasn't enough. We just never showed up until 87 minutes.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

IMG_20181108_210033.thumb.jpg.e28aa471d7dcdbba8e58431ce2b4575e.jpg

First time I've seen that. Fucking hell! Mind you, I thought the officials had a good/decent game,.....and at speed, you could easily understand why he's missed that. But, well.....Fucking hell!!!

• Like 1

The ref was fair even generous to us linesman was suspect

1 minute ago, BlueboyG said:

I said this squad are not good enough and Tav should not be captain and I will proven correct very soon , ffs you would think we we are against the cream of Europe, we were fortunate when the groups came out, we have taken 1 point from the team who were at the bottom of the group, before this game,if that's acceptable to you then your expectations are much lower than mine, when we can't beat shite teams like Motherwell , Killie, Livi etc then we will win fuck all, that's why I stated this squad is not good enough, if you think it is good enough then you are deluded, if SG buys again in the next window then that is proof that what he has is not good enough,

Spartak were in the CL qualifiers in the summer Villarreal finished 5th in spain last season  and made the last 32 of the EL 

Domestically we are 5 points off the top with a game in hand 

IF SG buys again in the next window lol mate like thats gonna prove anything FFS. Man city might make a signing or 2 in Jan clearly there no good enough eh.

Away and have a lie doon mate 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

And a great one it was too mate. Can't disagree with any of that. Turning up only for 45 minutes of games isn't a new thing either. We also saw this with the last 3 managers at stages too. I think if we'd got 4-2 at HT then we would have knocked the stuffing out of them, but for whatever reason, 3-2 just wasn't enough. We just never showed up until 87 minutes.

Yes that is how I see it as well. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Even if it went 4-2 to us we still look like teams can come back at us with ease. We need to learn to adapt and just close games out when in that position.

20 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I never said any of that, did I? Just because I didnt agree with us being "aboslute shite" and them being "far superior" doesnt mean I think we were fucking Barcelona... It simply doesnt work like that... Ach...why should I be looking for a balanced view.

classic strawman.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Spartak were in the CL qualifiers in the summer Villarreal finished 5th in spain last season  and made the last 32 of the EL 

Domestically we are 5 points off the top with a game in hand 

IF SG buys again in the next window lol mate like thats gonna prove anything FFS. Man city might make a signing or 2 in Jan clearly there no good enough eh.

Away and have a lie doon mate 

You are so fuckin deluded if you think this squad is good enough to win anything , now away tae yer bed and when you wake up you might face reality.

16 minutes ago, Laudo said:

Aye whatever...my understanding of Hibs’ed it , was that meant a spectacular failure with only ourselves to blame.... id say that pretty much sums us up tonight! I can afford my own WiFi thanks, just like I’ve afforded the last 22 years of season tickets I’ve bought, cheers. 

Apologies there's been some howlers on tonight if that's an excuse.

• Like 1

You can question the manager when it comes to how long it takes to make subs maybe but we lost that game because of players who have been playing the game professionally for years making mistakes that kids make. Not making simple clearances and rank amateur positioning. The manager should be able to trust them to do the basics. I would like to think he now knows in flanagans case at least that he cant trust him again.

2 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Apologies there's been some howlers on tonight if that's an excuse.

Think we’re all a bit pissed off tonight.... I’m maybe a bit more blase about results now, I’ve seen all the highs and the lows and nothing surprises me anymore... One step forward, two back at times! I’m forever the pessimist. Sorry, I maybe should have picked words better seeing as result still raw for folk. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Laudo said:

Think we’re all a bit pissed off tonight.... I’m maybe a bit more blase about results now, I’ve seen all the highs and the lows and nothing surprises me anymore... One step forward, two back at times! I’m forever the pessimist. Sorry, I maybe should have picked words better seeing as result still raw for folk. 

Aye sound mate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

Agree. Some will have you believe we were pish and they were amazing, though. We were unlucky tonight. 

We said after the game at Ibrox that it was pub football for pro’s.

Tonight was just as much pub football, with added goals.

They really did show what total disarray their club is in.

Yet they still came back 3 times to beat us.

Only amazing things on show tonight were a couple of McGregor’s saves.

• Like 1