Gerrard (suggested) to play v Helsinki

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There's something in the back of my mind that a local referee is supposed to go at the earliest opportunity if there is any concerns and make an early call before allowing the match ref to make the final decision. Seemingly cowden are "furious"

Can’t blame them, going by everything I’ve heard the only person that thinks the game can’t be played is the local Ref. 

Shambles mate. 

18 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Can’t blame them, going by everything I’ve heard the only person that thinks the game can’t be played is the local Ref. 

Shambles mate. 

I seen a few places report it as Craig Thomson who made the call (he's the match ref iirc) whole thing is a fucking nonsense. It's a couple of yards of the pitch that's seemingly frozen. Worst case, get both clubs to agree to narrow the pitch if necessary.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I seen a few places report it as Craig Thomson who made the call (he's the match ref iirc) whole thing is a fucking nonsense. It's a couple of yards of the pitch that's seemingly frozen. Worst case, get both clubs to agree to narrow the pitch if necessary.

Picture in the match thread mate, it’s more or less the corner circle absolute joke of a decision. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Picture in the match thread mate, it’s more or less the corner circle absolute joke of a decision. 

Aye, seen that on Twitter. Nothing a decent industrial or barn heater wouldn't have fixed. Plenty places they could've got a shot of one nearby.

On 16/01/2019 at 11:18, Courtyard Bear said:

Temp is rising during the day and it’s only really dipping below at night, would be surprised if covers don’t keep it on mate. 

On 16/01/2019 at 11:19, Courtyard Bear said:

Sleet and breezy in Cowdenbeath, just a normal day then. 

On 16/01/2019 at 11:28, Courtyard Bear said:

The factor would be the lowest temp which is -1 during the night which shouldn’t be enough to freeze the ground. 

More likely to be a mud hole that gets it called off. 

On 16/01/2019 at 11:41, Courtyard Bear said:

Doubt it will freeze mate, it’s just not cold enough. 

As I said waterlogged muck hole is a different matter. 

Fucked it.

On 16/01/2019 at 11:28, Courtyard Bear said:

The factor would be the lowest temp which is -1 during the night which shouldn’t be enough to freeze the ground. 

More likely to be a mud hole that gets it called off. 

It doesn't need to be below zero for the pitch to be absolutely solid. It doesn't have to be as cold as you think.

33 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

It doesn't need to be below zero for the pitch to be absolutely solid. It doesn't have to be as cold as you think.

Agreed, the air temp and the ground temp can be a few degrees different, but the high temp during the day also has to be taken into account. You also have to have certain temps for the ground to freeze to any depth, as it has been said tonight 99% of the ground took a stud and the temp rose almost straight after the inspection as the weather front came in. 

I could take you to separate areas of my lawn, one which is in shade 90% of the day and is frozen, go 6 feet to the side the lawn is soft because it has had the sun on it during the day. The area that was frozen is softening up as the temp has risen. 

A little bit of thought and a look at the weather for tonight could’ve seen that game played no problem. 

Just got a few tickets there from the ticket office. Healthy wee stream of fans continuously coming in too. Think the slo mentioned last night on Twitter that at the point we had sold over 17k and there might be pay at the gate tomorrow as well. Very decent for a 12 o clock friendly on a Sunday!

If it is a testimonial I couldn't care less who plays but not in a friendly. 

I'd find it disrespectful to our current squad. The purpose of friendly matches is to try new things or work on fitness, not have side shows for retired players. History aside, he is here as our manager and should be treated as such. Especially after last nights' postponed game we need to get back down to business and get the squad prepared for a strong push in the league. 

By all means in charity or testimonials get him involved, would be good to see him in our jersey.