***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Arfield started the last game up there and I thought he was anonymous tbh. 

For games he hasn't featured in the SPL, we haven't won 5 of them. 

Definitely a big player for us.

21 minutes ago, ben51 said:

We're usually horrendous without Arfield, he was unreal in the first half the other night. 

Halliday would also be a sore one because Borna is a shitebag. 

Obviously we've still got enough to beat them, but they're two big players to be missing. 

Arfield is key to our game mate, everyone blamed the st Johnstone game on Morelos being out which without doubt impacted the outcome but Arfield and Jack missing was for me the biggest difference 

6 minutes ago, ben51 said:

For games he hasn't featured in the SPL, we haven't won 4 of them. 

Definitely a big player for us.

He's definitely a big player, just felt that he was poor up there last time and imo has only started coming into form these last couple of weeks. 

Be interesting to see how Kamara handles the game. 

Gerrard sees Jack and Kamara working together to fulfil a specific role.

"It was just a bit of coaching and advice for those two. They are in the middle of the pitch, they are the two conductors and they should be controlling the rhythm of the game - when to make it fast, when to make it slow"

Theyll be filling the same roles on Sunday too. The potential role to be filled is Arfields, Mccrorie can't play this role and shouldn't play if it means moving Jack or Kamara.

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Still no ticket, nearly given up hope

Never give up hope mate, I’m off till Tuesday so started on the madness already, fucking game this weekend is so important by one way of another I’m making sure I’ll be there. Luckily my misses was at the league game the other week and I never made the bus from work so if only one of us gets a ticket in the bus ballot she’s been made fully aware who’s going 😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He's definitely a big player, just felt that he was poor up there last time and imo has only started coming into form these last couple of weeks. 

Going on his showing so far I think he’ll stroll it. Doesn’t look the most physical but pretty sure he’s game enough. 

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

"It was just a bit of coaching and advice for those two. They are in the middle of the pitch, they are the two conductors and they should be controlling the rhythm of the game - when to make it fast, when to make it slow"

Theyll be filling the same roles on Sunday too. The potential role to be filled is Arfields, Mccrorie can't play this role and shouldn't play if it means moving Jack or Kamara.

Fair enough and I respect and understand that opinion mate to be honest, probably why I fit double glazing for a living rather than football management 😂

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I sometimes question his fitness, quite often seems to be carrying a knock. 

Kamara will be good at what he's good at. 

I just hope to fuck Davis doesn't start. :megaanguish:

And what do we do with the personal available to fill Arfields role ? 

It just has to be McCrorie, even if that means altering the shape for this game with those two further forward. Any other option is suicide imo

8 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Never give up hope mate, I’m off till Tuesday so started on the madness already, fucking game this weekend is so important by one way of another I’m making sure I’ll be there. Luckily my misses was at the league game the other week and I never made the bus from work so if only one of us gets a ticket in the bus ballot she’s been made fully aware who’s going 😂😂😂

Still tempted to head up without, cannae make my mind up 😂

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

It just has to be McCrorie, even if that means altering the shape for this game with those two further forward. Any other option is suicide imo

Still tempted to head up without, cannae make my mind up 😂

I’m 100% heading up regardless mate, told the misses she’s going home if no brief though, much to her disappointment but she does get it, it’s mayhem inside their dump,never mind looking for a boozer outside, and  I’m no having her bouncing about Aberdeen mangled looking for a pub to let us into, it’ll be hard enough looking after myself 😂

4 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Going on his showing so far I think he’ll stroll it. Doesn’t look the most physical but pretty sure he’s game enough. 

👍

I think he is more of an intelligent tackler and positions himself pretty well to win the ball back  ..... this positional sense and being technically skilful when in possession are his main  assets .... I agree with you that he will stroll it on Sunday .... all the signs so far in his play indicate a player with a calm head on his shoulders.

:UK: 

10 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Fair enough and I respect and understand that opinion mate to be honest, probably why I fit double glazing for a living rather than football management 😂

And why I post on forums rather than earn millions doing it for a living mate. 😁

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

👍

I think he is more of an intelligent tackler and positions himself pretty well to win the ball back  ..... this positional sense and being technically skilful when in possession are his main  assets .... I agree with you that he will stroll it on Sunday .... all the signs so far in his play indicate a player with a calm head on his shoulders.

Summed up to perfection what I was trying to put, but I’m mangled.  What sounds great I’m the head is jumbled by the time it’s written 😂

1 minute ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Summed up to perfection what I was trying to put, but I’m mangled.  What sounds great I’m the head is jumbled by the time it’s written 😂

:lol:

You're doing just fine mate .... enjoy it ....  I hope you get a ticket so you can give it laldy to them as we move onto the semis.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:lol:

You're doing just fine mate .... enjoy it ....  I hope you get a ticket so you can give it laldy to them as we move onto the semis.

Thank you mate. Sure it’ll all work out 😃. This years been the hardest I’ve ever known for tickets in my 30 years of actively trying ya ha. I’m 45 this August so I’ve enjoyed more ups than downs but fuck  me starting next season with a double behind us, 55 titles after the bigot losing an 8 point advantage handed on a plate would be the sweetest in my life time 

Archived