***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

👍

I think he is more of an intelligent tackler and positions himself pretty well to win the ball back  ..... this positional sense and being technically skilful when in possession are his main  assets .... I agree with you that he will stroll it on Sunday .... all the signs so far in his play indicate a player with a calm head on his shoulders.

:UK: 

This!

He just seems to pop up out of nowhere & come away with the ball!

Just go out and repeat the last 3 performance please Rangers, do that and we cruise. No need to show them any more respect than Killie,Dundee or Hamilton that’s where we have fell down against Aberdeen and Hibs last few years in my opinion. In fact the best Aberdeen actually played against us was the last game and we won that the others this season they were pish 

We’ve been really good lately. Should be going into the game with a lot of confidence.

Really need Arfield available though, nobody else can play his role. He helps us play further up the park, replace him with McCrorie/Davis/Coulibaly and the midfield and team overall will end up dropping about 15/20 yards.

The league is more or less done IMO, we need to win this cup.

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Middleton left and Kent into Arfield role.

Middleton is nowhere near good enough for our first team against Dundee at home yet you want him playing Aberdeen away ? 

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Can genuinely see 3 at the back with Kent as an attacking midfielder

I honestly don't think we will change our defense away at Aberdeen in the cup. It will be a tried and trusted back 4 on Sunday. Either Halliday or Barisic at LB (Halliday for me).

4 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

The player he is?

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Arfield started the last game up there and I thought he was anonymous tbh. 

A league winning player? An English premiership midfielder, please tell me if you want me to elaborate more? 

1 hour ago, MasterD said:

We’ve been really good lately. Should be going into the game with a lot of confidence.

Really need Arfield available though, nobody else can play his role. He helps us play further up the park, replace him with McCrorie/Davis/Coulibaly and the midfield and team overall will end up dropping about 15/20 yards.

The league is more or less done IMO, we need to win this cup.

The more I think about it the more I think Arfield will play anyway, as long as it’s not a bad one he would play through a boggle or a knock, the guy is as much as a creator fucking hard as nails and would die for the cause. If it’s left to him, play the first 60 minutes, get the result done then get to fuck. Job done 

36 minutes ago, ForeverBlue1872 said:

A league winning player? An English premiership midfielder, please tell me if you want me to elaborate more? 

Come on mate, it’s not worked at all. I wasn’t sure of his return not because he left but because he hadn’t played all season for a side he captained and ran the midfield last season but all of a sudden was left out in the wilderness in a team that’s struggling like fuck. I wanted him to do well, still do obviously as if he’s performing then it held us, but on recent showings he’s more than done. 

5 hours ago, ForeverBlue1872 said:

Could elaborate that his last league win was 7+ years ago, didn’t get a game in the EPL for 6+ months and has been utter dog shit since he signed. Absolutely woeful. If Coulibaly turned in performances like that he’d be lynched. 

6 hours ago, bam74 said:

Middleton is nowhere near good enough for our first team against Dundee at home yet you want him playing Aberdeen away ? 

Middleton that's played against scum away and in Europe this season? That Middleton?

There's not another fit  player in our squad capable of playing the advanced midfield role naturally other than Kent. So the options are to play him there or not. If we do, it needs someone else on the left (Middleton is the only available left winger), or we either change system or play someone that's not used to an attacking midfield role. Or worse, play Davis in there.

So what's your preference ya Bam?

6 hours ago, bam74 said:

I honestly don't think we will change our defense away at Aberdeen in the cup. It will be a tried and trusted back 4 on Sunday. Either Halliday or Barisic at LB (Halliday for me).

Barisic is the quality player it's a game for Halliday. I'd play McCrorie too. 

Archived