***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

59 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

For me its more the fact he's been out of the picture recently which was right as his form had faded. He's capable, but it'll be a big ask for him to come in and hit the ground running. I'd have preferred him to got a bit more game time recently, but then again, why not Iet him loose I suppose.

Remember they are without their regular right back. 

Ball played there on Wed and they've taken in some 6ft 8" (approx) guy to cover. 

Kent should run riot. Play GK in the forward role if Arfield doesn't make it. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Jasper Blues said:

Remember they are without their regular right back. 

Ball played there on Wed and they've taken in some 6ft 8" (approx) guy to cover. 

Kent should run riot. Play GK in the forward role if Arfield doesn't make it. 

I'd rather play goalkeeper in goal tbh. 

2 hours ago, Copeland1983 said:

Gutted if Arfield out.  Demonstrates how many similar midfielders we have and how Davis signing has backfired.

Kent too strong on wing to change for me and Middleton low on confidence and out for form.

As bad as it sounds, I'd be tempted to go with Coulibaly and tell him to try get beyond as at least he's a willing runner with strength against Shinnie. 

I fear if we go with McCrorie then we'll end up watching another St Johnstone performance with a flat midfield, too static,  getting in each others way.

By fuck do we need another attacking midfielder.

McCrorie wasn't the problem against St.Johnstone  , Davis was the problem.

Been thinking back about previous Cup games against the Sheep.

One that sticks out is 1976, they came to Ibrox and that fanny Ally Macleod was bumping his gums about what they were going to do to us. We scudded them 4-1 in front of almost 60,000 and from what I remember their support got a doing in the Old Sellik End terracing as well.

I never really noticed this at much except for the old firm but we are so much better when Arfield plays, especially in big games. I think we will play Davis in his place and hopefully some how he becomes the player we know he is. 

5 minutes ago, ForeverBlue1872 said:

I never really noticed this at much except for the old firm but we are so much better when Arfield plays, especially in big games. I think we will play Davis in his place and hopefully some how he becomes the player we know he is. 

The player he is?

5 hours ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

To play where? kamara has been outstanding. Who plays attacking mid?

If Arfield is out it’s a huge blow, as you said yourself we have no one who links the midfield and Morelos like him, in all honesty I’d play McCrorie deep and play Jack further forward as he’s shown this season that he can find a pass. 

If Arfield is out put in McCrorie and push Jack and Kamara further forward. Jack's been looking a little more threatening pushing on recently and I think Kamara probably has the eye to see those killer passes. This game will be to fast and physical for Davis. 

5 hours ago, Copeland1983 said:

Gutted if Arfield out.  Demonstrates how many similar midfielders we have and how Davis signing has backfired.

Kent too strong on wing to change for me and Middleton low on confidence and out for form.

As bad as it sounds, I'd be tempted to go with Coulibaly and tell him to try get beyond as at least he's a willing runner with strength against Shinnie. 

I fear if we go with McCrorie then we'll end up watching another St Johnstone performance with a flat midfield, too static,  getting in each others way.

By fuck do we need another attacking midfielder.

Coulibaly anywhere near the team does sound bad. He’s utter pish 

We're usually horrendous without Arfield, he was unreal in the first half the other night. 

Halliday would also be a sore one because Borna is a shitebag. 

Obviously we've still got enough to beat them, but they're two big players to be missing. 

2 minutes ago, ben51 said:

We're usually horrendous without Arfield, he was unreal in the first half the other night. 

Halliday would also be a sore one because Borna is a shitebag. 

Obviously we've still got enough to beat them, but they're two big players to be missing. 

Arfield started the last game up there and I thought he was anonymous tbh. 

Archived