Gerrard : Post Match Reaction

Virtuoso

Just now, Bears r us said:

I am certain now that too many do not have the courage and ability to play for us and if SG wants to keep his job he will have to weed out the ones who cannot cope. That was embarrassing to sit through tonight. 

Too many old players and lack of creativity through the middle (Shagger is not in that catagory as he is a goalie, they can do that job until they are 45). I have noticed a bit of dip with us with Kent wandering about, he should stay on the left and I am not sure if Borna is actually liking being here or if he is still off the pace as tonight he was shit in my eyes (could be wrong but I didn't fancy his play especially defensively).

We certainly know what is needed and that is not lumping the ball forward, hitting from outside the box and getting men in for a cross if it is coming. So basically the same as last year.

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

People are going to slate Gerrard but tbh what did he do wrong tonight? 

It's a shite result so he's going to cop some flak but what else would you have done different? Played McCrorie? Instead of who? Kamara has been one of our better players the last 2 games. Played Katic? Worrall has been excellent recently and I don't even like the guy. Played Halliday? We saw in the last game why we needed Barisic back in. Dropped Morelos? The majority of this board wanted Morelos to start 

He's the manager so the buck stops with him but the players are consistently letting him down now and he has no alternatives at this stage of the season. If Candeias plays a simple 10 yard pass to Morelos or Kent and we equalise it's a different story. Kamara doesn't play McGinn in and it's a different story. Arfield doesn't scuff his shot straight into a defender from 15 yards out and it's a different story

Gerrard will carry the can for this if this bullshit continues into next season but I'm not going to throw him under the bus yet. 

Never, ever in the history of football will there be a game that we ever need him, he should be behind Wallace and Flanagan in the order/

2 minutes ago, chris182 said:

I don't think he'll have an issue doing that, trouble is we'll have to pony up the resources for him to bring in replacements. Do we trust him to do that? Suppose we've got no option. 

I think he will still be here next season unless he walks, which I would not think he will, but too many of these players are not up to playing for us IMO.

5 minutes ago, chris182 said:

I don't think he'll have an issue doing that, trouble is we'll have to pony up the resources for him to bring in replacements. Do we trust him to do that? Suppose we've got no option. 

Manager rightly get criticism for recruitment. But serious question need to be asked of mark allen as well.

We're told of a screening process to find players with the right mentality. So why do we end up with similar players who fold under pressure and lack composure. 

2 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Too many old players and lack of creativity through the middle (Shagger is not in that catagory as he is a goalie, they can do that job until they are 45). I have noticed a bit of dip with us with Kent wandering about, he should stay on the left and I am not sure if Borna is actually liking being here or if he is still off the pace as tonight he was shit in my eyes (could be wrong but I didn't fancy his play especially defensively).

We certainly know what is needed and that is not lumping the ball forward, hitting from outside the box and getting men in for a cross if it is coming. So basically the same as last year.

Our play is so slow and predictable at times and I honestly think it is lack of belief that makes the players go down that route. 

He should be blasting them, I agree, but maybe making them stew will give them something to be concerned with IF he gives them something to be sorry about at the next training session. 

Would love to see a Gullane Sands style execution of the players for that absolute farce of a game they gave us tonight. 

Won't happen, but would love to see it. 

2 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Nobody in their right mind would have played they 2 in the Killie game dropping players that performed against the scum, they players must have been pissed off 

Totally agree, them coming to the club upset the balance of the team when he tried to shoehorn them in 

21 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I think he will still be here next season unless he walks, which I would not think he will, but too many of these players are not up to playing for us IMO.

He is King's last throw of the dice. There is no other.

Players aren't up to it, inluding Morelos. He is just the best of a bad lot and the less said about the better.

8 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Forget what manager that managed him said about Gerrard " he's a great player, but tactically naive " he was spot on

Sure it was benitez. Gerrard was never a great footballer like a pirlo or xavi. He was a great british style midfielder. Sadly ive the fear now that as a manager he's clueless.

I know they are probably contracted to do it but managers would be better to avoid giving video interviews straight after defeats like tonight.  There is nothing they can say that will appease fans, everything they say will be jumped on and taken negatively.  They would be better just to shut up.

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He is King's last throw of the dice. There is no other.

Players aren't up to it, inluding Morelos. He is just the best of a bad lot and the less said about the better.

I would love him to do well but too many of these players continually let us down. Hard to take that performance tonight B A.