Jermain Defoe

Vision

Sublime chip over the keeper which wasnt off side..I seen defoe at Sunderland numerous times. He's still quality. Bournemouth were barmy not giving him game time. Just hope they don't recall him.

I was in Toronto at the time when he played for TFC. He got injured and fucked off back to London to rehab whilst getting paid large at TFC. Thought he had a terrible attitude then but since here, his attutde has been brilliant. I didn't want him in the begining because of the reason I mentioned but I've since changed my mind. 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I was in Toronto at the time when he played for TFC. He got injured and fucked off back to London to rehab whilst getting paid large at TFC. Thought he had a terrible attitude then but since here, his attutde has been brilliant. I didn't want him in the begining because of the reason I mentioned but I've since changed my mind. 

Loads of players go back to there own country’s for rehab etc massively popular thing in football ,Defoe has never been known for having a bad attitude as far as I can remember ?

Just now, Steelydan1690 said:

Loads of players go back to there own country’s for rehab etc massively popular thing in football ,Defoe has never been known for having a bad attitude as far as I can remember ?

Gerrard wasn't too happy with Barisic not returning. I don't think it should happen. Anyway, I'm stating I got it wrong, his attitude is top notch.

Is there any chance at all that Defoe and morelos when he returns can play together?...surely theres got to be a game in which we can give them a full 90mins  to trial... But either way we cant argue about last 2 results and performances have been bang on. Stevie has a lovely headache to contend with!!!!

33 minutes ago, Rlm said:

Is there any chance at all that Defoe and morelos when he returns can play together?...surely theres got to be a game in which we can give them a full 90mins  to trial... But either way we cant argue about last 2 results and performances have been bang on. Stevie has a lovely headache to contend with!!!!

They don't work well together. Morelos is a lone striker and always will be tbh. He's a few things to work on, like improving his finishing but most of all his temperament, but he could go all the way in the game if he does. Outstanding lone work rate leading the line.

10 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I actually spent some time randomly in Defoe's company around 2005/2006 during his first spell at spurs... he was a bit of a dickhead primadonna tbh.  But he woulda been young at the time, 22/23... so he is most likely a completely different person now.  I have been really impressed with him since he has been at Rangers, has his head screwed on.  I think the only way he will leave us is if he is properly frozen out and not getting any game-time... similar to Lafferty right now.

14 hours ago, Big Al II said:

Anything you’ve read in particular. Ive not seen anything.

Gerrard said “He has been impeccable around the training ground since he walked in. After training sessions, he is pulling Josh McPake and young Dapo Mebude and doing an extra 10 or 15 minutes with them from a coaching side. He is not being asked to do that. He actually wants to give back to these young, up and coming strikers.
That is gold-dust for us as a staff to have players like Jermain and Gareth McAuley around. His standards are at Rangers-level and that’s another reason we wanted to bring him in."