*** The Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Match Thread ***

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, shaka said:

I think there's a tendency to really over rate Halliday's performance and under value Barisic.  Halliday likes an aggressive tackle which seems to make too many ignore his lack of ability on the ball and poor final delivery.  Barisic might not be perfect but he's more composed on the ball and delivers better crosses.

But by the same token he lacks heart and fight defensively and that keeps getting exposed. If Barasic’s attacking outlay was even half as impressive as Tav’s is then I could overlook his weaknesses going the other way, but it hasn’t been. He seems to have this reputation as a great attacking player but I don’t really think we’ve seen it yet.

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

So we're criticising players now for not beating their man every single time? 

Reminds me of people who say Tav’s final ball isn’t good enough even though his assist return would be considered an impressive return for a number 10. No player had a 100% success rate for anything.

6 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

He is and I think he’ll prove it this season if he goes on loan to Hibs, he’ll be more productive than both in a far worse side. 

On what basis is Middleton better?

Middleton looked even more one dimensional than Jones does and quickly got found out even though all he was making was sub appearances from the bench.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Reminds me of people who say Tav’s final ball isn’t good enough even though his assist return would be considered an impressive return for a number 10. No player had a 100% success rate for anything.

Even Kent didn't have a 100% dribble success rate or whatever the fuck. 

Jones and Barisic seem to be the two scapegoats already this season and its not even started yet :lol:

Archived