Punishment From Fenians

BridgeIsBlue

43 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

December 2011: celtic are fined £12,700 after fans sing pro-IRA chants during a Europa League clash with Rennes in Glasgow.

March 2015: Flares set off by celtic fans during a Europa League clash with Inter Milan at the San Siro incur a £3,600 sanction.

February 2016: A £10,000 fine is issued for using fireworks following a Europa League tie with Fenerbahce in Istanbul, although a portion of the fine related to the "improper conduct" of the team.

August 2016: Fans again flew Palestinian flags in the Champions League qualifier against Israeli side Hapoel Be'er Sheva, prompting UEFA to fine the Scottish champions £8,616 for the use of "illicit banners".

February 2017: More fireworks and crowd disturbances during a Champions League match against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium are punished with a £16,050 fine.

July 2017: celtic are fined £20,000 for crowd-related offences during a Champions League home qualifier against Linfield, including blocked stairways and another "illicit banner" featuring a paramilitary-style figure.

October 2017: celtic are fined £8,900 after 21-year-old supporter John Hatton raced on to the Parkhead pitch and aimed a kick at Paris St Germain striker Kylian Mbappe in the Champions League match in September.

Not once were these bastards told to shut down any part of their stadiums. The club need to get to the root of this and fight back.........

Good info. I was just thinking a wee while ago will they have a stand closed for the items thrown at players in the last round ? or is bad songs worse than throwing missiles ? 

We will soon see if they have get any punishment and what it will be. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

But you're stating it's not for the use of the term Fenian, but for more than that. Theres a report elsewhere suggesting Fenian itself is prohibited (Ajax tweets) So are you just assuming or do you know what term we've been charged with?

I am working on the law of averages knowing our songbook. An educated guess. We will probably never be told.  But posters who think we are being unfairly penalised for the word fenian might want to take it in context. Fenian bastards, fenian blood, etc. 

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

Good info. I was just thinking a wee while ago will they have a stand closed for the items thrown at players in the last round ? or is bad songs worse than throwing missiles ? 

Whats amazing is the amount of time it takes them to give them any kind of punishment.............

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

When I sing Fenian I’m singing about terrorist loving scum that openly claim to be a Fenian and supporter of the IRA. 

Doesn't matter in the slightest what YOU are singing about when you sing it.  What matters is how the people in power FEEL about what you are singing mate.

This argument wont work.   It has been deemed that fenian is a derogatory term for catholics and cant be sung at games.  There are many laws and rules I don't agree with, and willingly don't follow, but I am fully aware of what will happen if caught breaking those rules.

Now we are all aware of what's going to happen if those songs continue, the punishments will gradually get worse.

Right now singing songs about fenians is going to get is in trouble. I guess it's down to personal choice on if you give a shit about that, or are determined to continue singing songs that DO get us in trouble.

5 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Apparently you can be as violent as you want but please please don’t use a bad word. 

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I am working on the law of averages knowing our songbook. An educated guess. We will probably never be told.  But posters who think we are being unfairly penalised for the word fenian might want to take it in context. Fenian bastards, fenian blood, etc. 

And that's the point.

We seem to get the fuck kicked out of us but there is no clarity on words, phrases or song lists being specifically prohibited.  It's like doing away with all road signs and doing selected drivers for breaking the law. Its ambiguous and lacking clarity again.

The club need to tell us which terms in which songs are illegal in which competitions. Then as a support it's up to us to resolve it be that by dropping songs or altering words.

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Doesn't matter in the slightest what YOU are singing about when you sing it.  What matters is how the people in power FEEL about what you are singing mate.

This argument wont work.   It has been deemed that fenian is a derogatory term for catholics and cant be sung at games.  There are many laws and rules I don't agree with, and willingly don't follow, but I am fully aware of what will happen if caught breaking those rules.

Now we are all aware of what's going to happen if those songs continue, the punishments will gradually get worse.

Right now singing songs about fenians is going to get is in trouble. I guess it's down to personal choice on if you give a shit about that, or are determined to continue singing songs that DO get us in trouble.

There's no gradually. If we  get cited again Ibrox is closed for one game. Full ground closed and a 50k fine.

A third time and we're out of the EL.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/UEFACompDisCases/02/60/83/56/2608356_DOWNLOAD.pdf

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

Well yes it does, or I’m being accused of a thought crime that isn’t even my thought  

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Forget Uefa. I’ll ask you.

Are ‘fenians’ a race?

The Club should be taking this up with UEFA but they are fucking hopeless.

you can't "forget UEFA" here, as it's them that make the rules.

I agree with your whole post, but the club haven't taken it up, and singing about fenians is going to get us screwed.

Until the club do fight our corner on this ( which they wont as it's a PR nightmare) then the only opinion that really matters is UEFA.

4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Whats amazing is the amount of time it takes them to give them any kind of punishment.............

Yes I agree. Going with the time (18th July) it has taken them to do us I assume it will be about two weeks and we will see what they get and whether UEFA think missiles thrown at players is less of a problem than singing songs. I should add I do not expect anything but a fine, if it ever get's mentioned. 

Just now, Bears r us said:

Yes I agree. Going with the time (18th July) it has taken them to do us I assume it will be about two weeks and we will see what they get and whether UEFA think missiles thrown at players is less of a problem than singing songs. I should add I do not expect anything but a fine, if it ever get's mentioned. 

The board have plenty evidence of bias here and you can bet they will do fuck all about it...........

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So you can call someone a Fenian as long you don’t call him a bastard at the same time or claim to be up to your knees in his blood. 

I wouldn't sing either of them but the latter defo gets you into trouble. If you wish more clarity write to UEFA. It's their rules afterall. Doubt they will tell you right enough. While you are at it could you ask them about the rascism part as that is off the wall. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Less than 24 hours? The committee only

There's no gradually. If we  get cited again Ibrox is closed for one game. Full ground closed and a 50k fine.

A third time and we're out of the EL.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/UEFACompDisCases/02/60/83/56/2608356_DOWNLOAD.pdf

And if this happens some on here would still find a way to blame it on the tarriers.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Forget Uefa. I’ll ask you.

Are ‘fenians’ a race?

The Club should be taking this up with UEFA but they are fucking hopeless.

It's not about them being a race. If it ticks any of these boxes -

"insults the human dignity of a person or group of persons on whatever grounds, including skin colour, race, religion, ethnic origin,, gender or sexual orientation,"

Then it falls under Article 14 (Racist and other discriminatory conduct)

49 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Oh so that’s that then the mighty UEFA a football organisation claim what a word means and what we are using the word for and we just roll over. 

Well unfortunately, yes.  Unless we are happy to see the club and fans suffer fines, stadium closures etc.

How do you think this should be fought, how do we not just roll over here?

The guys in charge make and interpret the rules,  it's really that simple.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Apparently you can be as violent as you want but please please don’t use a bad word. 

That is what it looks like and as I have just replied to Sassa it will be interesting to see they are (1) punished in the first place and (2) what that is, I am sure it will not mean 3,000 seats being closed. 

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I wouldn't sing either of them but the latter defo gets you into trouble. If you wish more clarity write to UEFA. It's their rules afterall. Doubt they will tell you right enough. While you are at it could you ask them about the rascism part as that is off the wall. 

Anything else you want to ask mate?? 

We might as well get everything off our chest at the same time. 😂😂

Archived