Fenians

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, left winger said:

Beat me to it. The meaning of words changes over time. Fenian now has a different meaning to other people.

Again see my first post.  The word has been took over by the enemies of the PUL community to try and make them out to be racist against catholic’s.

6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

My attitude is not getting parts of our ground closed down and potentially putting us out of Europe.

I think your anger is aimed in the wrong direction.

I was hardly angry 

I actually think we will need to be smarter about all this now but the moral superiority stuff is cringe 

Fenian was never meant as Catholic. The celtic support have fenian leanings but is no gonae wash with uefa. SDM fucked it and let it go.  We are never winning this with uefa. So it's sing it and get found guilty again and we are then looking at a full stadium closure then expulsion.

We can't win this with uefa 

6 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

If you cannot stop singing about Fenian's at Rangers games, then stop  going.

If you cannot stop this sectarian shite that has no relevance to us, then stay away, otherwise you are just an enemy of the club.

The club have repeatedly asked you to stop, yet you have not and now we are being hit financially and reputationaly  for your actions.

No-one gives a shit about your stupid logic about why calling someone a 'fenian bastard' is not sectarian. You clearly dont understand how language works because you are too fucking thick.

Fuck off and support someone else because this club does not want you.

Fuck off ya absolute fucking helmet.  Away and bend over and take it with the rest of our shitebag support and board.

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Fenian was never meant as Catholic. The celtic support have fenian leanings but is no gonae wash with uefa. SDM fucked it and let it go.  We are never winning this with uefa. So it's sing it and get found guilty again and we are then looking at a full stadium closure then expulsion.

We can't win this with uefa 

I agree but I can’t get my head round us getting punished for singing a song which includes a word which they held up in a banner referencing themselves only 2 weeks ago? Ok for them but not us.

Just now, GOAT said:

Again see my first post.  The word has been took over by the enemies of the PUL community to try and make them out to be racist against catholic’s.

Yeah, and they have succeeded. Whether we think it’s right or not - and I don’t think either of us do. 

And moving on, there will never be a case put forward by the club saying - let us call them fenians. So we either stop it and focus on other songs, or continue and see further sanctions against us. 

7 minutes ago, GOAT said:

When are we going to stand up and stop letting the media, UEFA and our enemies let everyone falsely think the word means someone who is a Roman Catholic, it’s a militant Irish Republican and always has been.  

Fuck every fenian bastard.

E24F3EE4-D960-4231-8620-C27D63B5FA22.jpeg

The Dude disagrees and he knows you mean that your going to kill some scum fans and wade up to your knees in blood and not some name for the Irish Republican Brotherhood that they call themselves.

Just now, Billy1984 said:

I agree but I can’t get my head round us getting punished for singing a song which includes a word which they held up in a banner referencing themselves only 2 weeks ago? Ok for them but not us.

I think with that being outside uefa jurisdiction then they won't care 

Canae believe this is aw happening again. Fucking brutal 

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Listen to the club, they dont want the likes of you any more. You should go support someone else.

Our shitebag board can fuck off and take you with them. 

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Listen to the club, they dont want the likes of you any more. You should go support someone else.

Fuck up, eh?

The club want people to pay money (more than they should) and sit down and shut up.

Usually a decent poster until this despite me agreeing with you the last time fenian was debated.

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

Perfect proof that those cunts can rewrite shit as they please and we all have to live with it all along whatever they used is brushed off as banter 

It really isnt. It is just how language works.

A fenian was a revolutionary nationalist hunners of years ago. That is where the word came from.

In this day and age, 99% of the usage of the word is us calling them fenians, or them referring to themselves as fenians.

They are no longer armed revolutionary nationalist (well most of them anyway), so the word is being used in 99% of cases to refer to celtic fans / catholics.

Therefore the meaning of the word has actually changed naturally.

Archived