2nd UEFA Charge

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

There's always grey areas when it comes to language. If you can't use certain terms, you often replace them with new ones. UEFA find that 'fenian' can be used to refer to catholics so have deemed it sectarian.

It's not particularly a bad word, but then I don't feel there's any such thing as a bad word, more the meaning behind the word.

World's gone nuts. 

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

How could that happen seriously? Produce a band songs list even what words cant be sung no gray areas then.

TBB isn't sectarian in anyway mate its usually the word after the F word is why it causes "offense" to some

Is fenian a bad word? Btw genuine question I thought not myself maybe am mistaken 

You cant create a list of banned words. A new word could be created on the spot that would fall foul of the rule.

Some that definitely do fall foul of the rules are however :-

Fenian (all variants just on the chance someone wants to use 'fenien' and claim it is a different word)

Fuck the Pope

Papes

Taigs

Probably even calling them Paedophiles.

Just dont sing offensive songs or chants in Europe.

13 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

You are however not allowed to say the following:-

Fenians (especially if you follow it with bastards)

Fuck the Pope

Taigs

Papes

Anything else which would be considered by many to be particularly offensive.

Source? 

People need to realise that the UEFA issue and the board issue are 2 separate things

Said this last week but we need the board to clarify what we've been punished for as everybody is still assuming is TBB or the word fenian etc, could be as simple as saying fuck the Pope that they're taking offence to or all of the above.

Until the board do that they're leaving the club open to more punishment as people sometimes need it square in the face before they listen.

As for UEFA, moaning about them punishing us and what they're classifying it as etc is pointless. It's their competition and the alternative is we don't compete in it, which is where we're heading very fucking quickly. 

Until the board decide to stop shying away from things we need to just play it smart, get the atmosphere going tomorrow without singing anything that could be seen as offensive, it's honestly not that difficult!

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

They really need to remove racist as the fucking press here are only running with that part.

It makes it sound like our whole stadium sing KKK songs or some shite 

I agree mate.

The charge should simply be called discriminatory behaviour.   They mention race in the list beside gender and religion etc. anyway.

Just now, KingKirk said:

World's gone nuts. 

It's not really though. UEFA don't want (potentially) tens of thousands of people chanting discriminatory things against a protected group (under anti-discrimination legislation) and are clamping down on it.

If folk dont want to land us in shit, save the songs and 'protests' about Anglo-Irish politics and the Roman Catholic church outside.

6 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

If you need someone to tell you what words the average person would find offensive then there really isn't any hope is there.

Why is the word offensive it on it's on? Maybe no a nice word but that's different ffs

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

How can UEFA find us guilty of the same offence twice when the punishment for the first one only came out after the second ( apparently ) incident? Surely one must be allowed time to clean up the singing after been found guilty on the St Joseph's game. We should only be judged based on tomorrow and onward. I'm sure a lawyer could defend that argument.

Also the timing is staged to unsettle the club, players and fans. We are simply not allowed to win.

It took me days to get over last weeks decision to the point I was still deflated going into Paisley. And just when I was excited about tomorrow, this happens. Fuck UEFA and everyone else who is behind this.

The only explanation I can come up with is that UEFA expected Rangers to speak to our supporters after the game on 18/7, when apparently they were told we had been reported, other wise it is a real fuck up to be charged again for a game that was before the charge last Friday. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Stop acting like a know it all cunt. 

He's right though mate.  The UEFA rules say you cant be discriminatory towards members of a religion, all of the stuff MM listed are that.

It's a sad state of affairs but that's just how the world works now.  You can't offend people, peoples feelings are all powerful.

Well certain peoples feelings.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Stop acting like a know it all cunt. 

I will when cunts stop acting like absolute fucking balloons.

Its fucking obvious the reason we are getting pulled up. Cunts arguing semantics are just acting like petulant fucking babies.

We need to clean up our act or in simple terms, we get left behind by celtic who will dominate us for years. 

29 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

We would have had a chance to sort had the board told us we had been charged first time and not when the punishment was received. 

This is a fucking fact. Why the fuck did they choose to hide this shit from us. I haven't gone thru this whole thread but doesn't it look like the BF1 lads are being abandoned by the club? Apologies if I have misread the statement

Just now, BareGrills said:

This is a fucking fact. Why the fuck did they choose to hide this shit from us. I haven't gone thru this whole thread but doesn't it look like the BF1 lads are being abandoned by the club? Apologies if I have misread the statement

Someone said in the thread it would almost be admitting guilt if we came out and said don't sing this or that before the hearing. 

I can kinda get that but aye still a bit shite it wasn't leaked out somehow 

Just now, gogzy said:

He's right though mate.  The UEFA rules say you cant be discriminatory towards members of a religion, all of the stuff MM listed are that.

It's a sad state of affairs but that's just how the world works now.  You can't offend people, peoples feelings are all powerful.

UEFAcare far more about their brand being affected by thousands of people chanting racist/homophobic/sectarian etc stuff on their globally-broadcast games than protecting some people's feelings.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I will when cunts stop acting like absolute fucking balloons.

Its fucking obvious the reason we are getting pulled up. Cunts arguing semantics are just acting like petulant fucking babies.

We need to clean up our act or in simple terms, we get left behind by celtic who will dominate us for years. 

We got done for singing Build My Gallows so that's that theory out the window. 

Club 1872 have issued an email. 

Fenians, add ons, anything regarding pope etc etc is not allowed.

FARE are videoing our supporters and sending it to UEFA. Doesn’t have to be a large section but only a few which was the case in Warsaw.

Archived