2nd UEFA Charge

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, shotstopper said:

So, we are just going to roll over and accept this further ban while others are doing far worse, rioting with police, lighting flares, throwing objects at players etc.

Next we will be charged with allowing flares to be lit by away fans and the game being stopped by the referee till the smoke cleared.

Yeah, nobody likes us - we don't care. Where is that getting us?

It is for the board to challenge the inequity, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Hopefully UBs and other BF1 STH's (myself included) aren't shafted again, and will at least be relocated rather than being left high and dry this time. The second charge relates to the chanting in Poland so there is no way BF1 can be singled out again for this. Particularly when the charge comes despite being in relation to a game that took place prior to the first charge being made knowledge to us fans.

STHs should be given priority and if there are any tickets left over for public sale (doubtful) then release them once all STHs have been given the opportunity to buy.

Very grateful to a kind Bear on here who sorted me a ticket for the Copland Rear last night. 11 hour round trip worth it for that goal and the subsequent mayhem. WATP

Just now, djwyc14 said:

Hopefully UBs and other BF1 STH's (myself included) aren't shafted again, and will at least be relocated rather than being left high and dry this time. The second charge relates to the chanting in Poland so there is no way BF1 can be singled out again for this. Particularly when the charge comes despite being in relation to a game that took place prior to the first charge being made knowledge to us fans.

STHs should be given priority and if there are any tickets left over for public sale (doubtful) then release them once all STHs have been given the opportunity to buy.

Very grateful to a kind Bear on here who sorted me a ticket for the Copland Rear last night. 11 hour round trip worth it for that goal and the subsequent mayhem. WATP

Almost a certainty that it will be the same sections closed.

7 minutes ago, djwyc14 said:

I appreciate your point but for now we have to tread very carefully

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Since the punishment is less severe than I anticipated, can the board change their mind and ask for away ticket allocation?

Son just said the same thing, doubt it, I think the club offered to do this hoping they would get a lighter punishment, don't thing they can back track unless of coarse Young Boys might say they've not got a problem giving Rangers tickets - can always hope

49 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Top story on stv news at 6, fans banned for singing, second story celtic fans confrontation with security officials. How is ours first, and what shite reporting.

Taig PR had already spun the narrative --- big boys did it and ran away. 

1 hour ago, j1mgg said:

Top story on stv news at 6, fans banned for singing, second story celtic fans confrontation with security officials. How is ours first, and what shite reporting.

And on a separate note, how sad (though obviously not unexpected) that they choose to lead with two negative stories as opposed to highlighting the fact that both teams came through multiple qualifiers to make the group stages (no mean feat these days given how UEFA have structured competition formats).

News reporting, and how it chooses to influence people’s lives through its narrative/discourse, is in the gutter. Has been for years in fairness. Sad, nonetheless.

6 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

And on a separate note, how sad (though obviously not unexpected) that they choose to lead with two negative stories as opposed to highlighting the fact that both teams came through multiple qualifiers to make the group stages (no mean feat these days given how UEFA have structured competition formats).

News reporting, and how it chooses to influence people’s lives through its narrative/discourse, is in the gutter. Has been for years in fairness. Sad, nonetheless.

Excellent past and spot on . The media in Scotland are vermin IMHO

13 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

Totally agree with this. Although, from experience, it's what people tend to read. Positivity doesn't sell anywhere near as much as a good old-fashioned shit-show does.

6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Since the punishment is less severe than I anticipated, can the board change their mind and ask for away ticket allocation?

Quote from a notice posted on the the Rangers website at 8pm....."...………….The Club had already informed UEFA that we would be declining tickets for Rangers next away European tie, which will be in Switzerland against BSC Young Boys Thursday, October 3, and this decision would have had a significant bearing on the governing body’s deliberations."

Looks like the pre-emptive strike by the Club in deciding not to take tickets for the first away game has the effect of limiting the punishment for Rangers first home game.   That being the case changing minds and asking for away ticket allocation would not be something I think would now work,    

One thing with the latest notification from the Club - they make no mention of what the Board wants Supporters to do on Sunday for the OF game.    Maybe they think its a stretch too far at this stage to issue the same sort of behaviour warning shots across the bows before the game and before future domestic games.    By not doing so, and if the Support on Sunday let rip, its almost inevitable the media and Scottish politicians etc will open fire on the Club and the Support and the whole issue will escalate quickly and intensively in the realm of our domestic football with the UEFA example of punishment being forced much higher in the domestic football agenda.    The Board (and the Club) then risk being lambasted week in and week out for applying dual standards - one for European games and one for domestic games.  

You can just see this coming.  But I can't see the Board doing anything other than waiting to see what happens and then reacting in some appeasing way.

23 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Quote from a notice posted on the the Rangers website at 8pm....."...………….The Club had already informed UEFA that we would be declining tickets for Rangers next away European tie, which will be in Switzerland against BSC Young Boys Thursday, October 3, and this decision would have had a significant bearing on the governing body’s deliberations."

Looks like the pre-emptive strike by the Club in deciding not to take tickets for the first away game has the effect of limiting the punishment for Rangers first home game.   That being the case changing minds and asking for away ticket allocation would not be something I think would now work,    

One thing with the latest notification from the Club - they make no mention of what the Board wants Supporters to do on Sunday for the OF game.    Maybe they think its a stretch too far at this stage to issue the same sort of behaviour warning shots across the bows before the game and before future domestic games.    By not doing so, and if the Support on Sunday let rip, its almost inevitable the media and Scottish politicians etc will open fire on the Club and the Support and the whole issue will escalate quickly and intensively in the realm of our domestic football with the UEFA example of punishment being forced much higher in the domestic football agenda.    The Board (and the Club) then risk being lambasted week in and week out for applying dual standards - one for European games and one for domestic games.  

You can just see this coming.  But I can't see the Board doing anything other than waiting to see what happens and then reacting in some appeasing way.

I think you will be right with your last sentence, I have decided to try and just go with what is acceptable in the UEFA games, it is now becoming far too difficult to know what you can sing and not sing when at a game RB.

The way abusers.fc came out last night instantly with that bloody nonsense about their fans being infiltrated by other supporters just highlight how they get away with paltry fines, they fight every decision that goes against them. 

Archived