Daily Record

BridgeIsBlue

Where's Traynor and the Rangers press team in all of this?    They are like some long-forgotten fire extinguisher tucked away in a remote office at Ibrox so that when they are needed they don't perform or nobody bothers to tell them to get their finger out and start generating bite-back responses.    Fire with fire and all that.     No point in having media bad story fire extinguishers if they don't do the job.

Ignoring patently crass articles like the one written by Forsyth and leaving them unchecked or without robust response is, imo, an unforgiveable insult to Fernando Ricksen and to Rangers.   Fire with fire is what is needed out of the Rangers press office. 

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it’s hard not to bite and people don’t want  these bastards getting away with the pish they spout and write but I would love to see the fan base stop all interactions with these arseholes.

Dont follow your English’s,  Spiers and the likes  on social media, don’t buy daily papers, dont watch that utter shite Sportscene. 

A large part of our fan base keep these cretins going by engaging with them. 

Social Media is huge these days and it gives these shite writers and pundits a platform to make themselves relevant.

Block them, mute them, don’t click on their links,  take fuck all to do with BBC Scotland. 

The media and pundits in Scotland are a laughing stock.

16 minutes ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

At least down here the English press have shown more sympathy and understanding - as in the Guardian article in other thread

The main BBC covered the rugby 7’s at Ibrox a few years ago. I remember the start of the programme and they couldn’t have been more complimentary about the Stadium and Rangers.

The media up here eats itself up in the hatred of our club 

The biggest offender now without a doubt is bbc Scotland, the indigenous  rhags are a spent force really and are not a reflection of what's really happening in Scotland the country they publish any clickbait shit to try to get readers but bbc is more global and people outwith the country will tend to click on that to get news of home because they believe they are getting the true story but in truth bbc Scotland is nest of festering Rangers haters who twist it at every chance they get.

50 minutes ago, Swagger said:

I know it’s hard not to bite and people don’t want  these bastards getting away with the pish they spout and write but I would love to see the fan base stop all interactions with these arseholes.

Dont follow your English’s,  Spiers and the likes  on social media, don’t buy daily papers, dont watch that utter shite Sportscene. 

Social Media is huge these days and it gives these shite writers and pundits a platform to make themselves relevant.

Block them, mute them, don’t click on their links,  take fuck all to do with BBC Scotland. 

I really really don't understand that thought process.  Ignoring them only does one thing....embolden the message and get's everyone buying into it because it's unchallenged and de-facto, it becomes the truth.   We should be doing the exact opposite!!!

3 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

I really really don't understand that thought process.  Ignoring them only does one thing....embolden the message and get's everyone buying into it because it's unchallenged and de-facto, it becomes the truth.   We should be doing the exact opposite!!!

I understand your point but don't agree with it. Starve the attention seekers of attention. Up to the club to attack blatant untruths of which there are many.

5 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I understand your point but don't agree with it. Starve the attention seekers of attention. Up to the club to attack blatant untruths of which there are many.

You're missing the point then.  

If you think us ignoring them will starve them then you're spectacularly missing the point.    Hiding  behind the club ??  ffs

34 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

We don’t do either, which is even worse. 

2 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Where's Traynor and the Rangers press team in all of this?    They are like some long-forgotten fire extinguisher tucked away in a remote office at Ibrox so that when they are needed they don't perform or nobody bothers to tell them to get their finger out and start generating bite-back responses.    Fire with fire and all that.     No point in having media bad story fire extinguishers if they don't do the job.

Ignoring patently crass articles like the one written by Forsyth and leaving them unchecked or without robust response is, imo, an unforgiveable insult to Fernando Ricksen and to Rangers.   Fire with fire is what is needed out of the Rangers press office. 

Fire with Fire will never come with traynor still doing our PR. I've said it before a dinosaur whose  only interests are in pursuing his own grudges. 

If board had genuine interest in fighting back against the press. They would invest in a top level PR team. 

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Fire with Fire will never come with traynor still doing our PR. I've said it before a dinosaur whose  only interests are in pursuing his own grudges. 

If board had genuine interest in fighting back against the press. They would invest in a top level PR team. 

I've been banging this drum for a long, long time on here.

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

You challenge every lie, every half-truth and do it in a way that has consequence. A lot of Twitter stuff is simply down to the club to make a call on one way or the either but if it's a paper article etc then it should go to IPSO every time.

38 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You challenge every lie, every half-truth and do it in a way that has consequence. A lot of Twitter stuff is simply down to the club to make a call on one way or the either but if it's a paper article etc then it should go to IPSO every time.

Tried the IPSO. Response was along the lines that I wasn’t the party that was directly affected. It needs to come from our board but they just don’t care. An individual will not have the same credence. 

4 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Honestly mate please just delete that post that article is the lowest of the low. 

Keep the post up. Don't put it out of sight where it can easily be forgotten or not seen.

This is a ridiculously appalling article at a time where the passing of Fernando is attracting messages of condolence from everyone who knew him or  saw him play.

But in Scotland attacks continue on everything known to be associated with our club, even in death. There are no boundaries when it comes to attacking our club, fans, players etc 

Never ever forget.

3 hours ago, Swagger said:

I have not done any of the highlighted part for years mate and have no idea why any Rangers fan would, but I suppose we need a few to keep us up to date with what the :wanker: are saying and writing about us.

3 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

It is really annoying me how we just let every bastard walk over us and say nothing in response. :duh: 

9 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Keep the post up. Don't put it out of sight where it can easily be forgotten or not seen.

This is a ridiculously appalling article at a time where the passing of Fernando is attracting messages of condolence from everyone who knew him or  saw him play.

But in Scotland attacks continue on everything known to be associated with our club, even in death. There are no boundaries when it comes to attacking our club, fans, players etc 

Never ever forget.

If anyone wants to read it they can find it. 

To have that article on a Rangers forum the day after Fernando died is nonsense. 

Archived