Dropping 3 of our best players

MacBoyd

Absolutely foolish by Gerrard. I understand kent and jack are coming back from injuries but the league is priority. We dont have the quality to drop our best striker, winger and midfielder for a must win league match. If he needs to rest them, do it in Europe. We got away with one yesterday.

8 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Absolutely foolish by Gerrard. I understand kent and jack are coming back from injuries but the league is priority. We dont have the quality to drop our best striker, winger and midfielder for a must win league match. If he needs to rest them, do it in Europe. We got away with one yesterday.

We do though, we won mate, 2-1

20 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Defoe has scored 10 league goals already.  He’s averaging a goal every 45mins.  At his current rate he’ll finish the season with 30+ league goals.  He’s more than good enough to be playing against the likes of Motherwell.

Morelos puts in a power of work for us in Europe and has just come back from international duty with Columbia.  He can’t play every minute for us.

I think Gerrard has got it spot on in terms of Defoe and Morelos.  One for the domestic league, one for Europe.  These two will get us 60+ goals this season so who is to say it’s the wrong approach?

We won. We're going to have to rotate the squad because if we don't we'll knacker our preferred starting 11 out. So if he did what you're saying we'd just be storing problems up for ourselves further along the season. 

Archived