AGM Thread

BridgeIsBlue

The board have spent considerably - some of it their own making, but they've always stuck their hands back in their pockets to try and rectify mistakes.

You can't deny the significant level of investment they've made and without King taking over, we would still be stuck with leeches draining money from the club.

From the Auchenhowie to the first eleven, there have been significant improvements over the last few years. 

King goes with my best wishes. 

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

He did say it had been a privilege 

Also said being Chairman was greatest privilege of his business life.

I also don't see anything wrong with the word duty, I'm a fan and see it as my duty to follow the club through thick and thin. It's the same language. 

13 minutes ago, Smile said:

Good to see King getting punted after the screw up with Pedro and Murty2 and signing a deal with Mike Ashley that gave him the right to match any retail deal forever he had to go.

The only screw - up by King was letting the Parks decide the manager.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Yep and an expensive one. Elements of SD could have been played better but we were backed up into a corner and locked in for 7 years, something had to be done.

It was either pay the money to Ashley or on legal fees fighting him. I know which one I'd rather. 

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

So signing a new retail contract SD could match forever was not a screw up then? Parks would have to have the deal okayed by the Chairman, but let's ignore that.

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

Yep and an expensive one. Elements of SD could have been played better but we were backed up into a corner and locked in for 7 years, something had to be done.

It was either pay the money to Ashley or on legal fees fighting him. I know which one I'd rather. 

King handled the whole SD thing badly.

He should never have been so public about it and tried to find an amicable split over the course of a few years. instead he's tied us up in constant legal wrangling that's still going on. 

9 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Guy better be squeaky clean because the fenian media will be all over his private life as we speak........

They might blame him for shaggin that pair of nuns that got bairned while doing the lords work,and the story was in the press a couple of weeks ago.
If it is him,it won't matter if he is squeaky clean,they will make it up as they go along.  

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

King handled the whole SD thing badly.

He should never have been so public about it and tried to find an amicable split over the course of a few years. instead he's tied us up in constant legal wrangling that's still going on. 

As I said, don't disagree elements of it were handled badly - especially the PR side.

Not sure we have the full picture though, by all accounts Ashley is a nightmare to deal with regardless and we maybe looked at it and decided it was the only way forward.

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

So signing a new retail contract SD could match forever was not a screw up then? Parks would have to have the deal okayed by the Chairman, but let's ignore that.

I never mentioned SD  deal which i’ve said was a monumental fuck up.

The Pedro debacle lies at door of The Parks.

2 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

Anyone think DK going will help the SD fiasco? It was very personal between the 2 of them, maybe another Chairman will be able to get it sorted

He is remaining on the board for Rangers Retail until litigation is done with Sports Direct.

Archived