We are the celtic of the 90's

Mor3los_1

17 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Seriously dont get it. We dominated.  They scored from an offside goal. We had loads of chances but little clinicism. 

Never a chasm

I'm talking about mentality, not ability. We go two up at Aberdeen then concede two and cant find a way to get a victory for 40 minutes. They concede in the 91st against Hamilton and have the mentality to find a winner within 60 seconds. We absolutely dominated them today and we couldn't buy a goal, they get one fucking sniff of goal and take that chance. 

When the chips are down their mentality and ours are miles apart at the moment. That's where the chasm is. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The rule was introduced in the summer. I think its shite rule but it is a rule. Why do you not want a rule breach enforced,?

Its been a rule for years around football yet never enforced, why do people suddenly think it will happen especially in this fixture. Clutching at straws with shouts about a retook penalty we had the chanes to bury the game but we didn't.

5 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I'm talking about mentality, not ability. We go two up at Aberdeen then concede two and cant find a way to get a victory for 40 minutes. They concede in the 91st against Hamilton and have the mentality to find a winner within 60 seconds. We absolutely dominated them today and we couldn't buy a goal, they get one fucking sniff of goal and take that chance. 

When the chips are down their mentality and ours are miles apart at the moment. That's where the chasm is. 

Aberdeen and today were chalk and cheese.

11 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Its been a rule for years around football yet never enforced, why do people suddenly think it will happen especially in this fixture. Clutching at straws with shouts about a retook penalty we had the chanes to bury the game but we didn't.

It's a new rule.  Announced on 2 March and implemented from 1st June.

The goalkeeper must have one of his/her feet partly on the goalline (or above it if jumping) when the kick is taken. They cannot stand behind or in front of the line.

Was enforced in womens world cup.

Our failed chances dont mean officials shouldn't be held to account for not officiating properly.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It's a new rule.  Announced on 2 March and implemented from 1st June.

The goalkeeper must have one of his/her feet partly on the goalline (or above it if jumping) when the kick is taken. They cannot stand behind or in front of the line.

Was enforced in womens world cup.

Our failed chances dont mean officials shouldn't be held to account for not officiating properly.

And where else has it been enforced ? I will hold them to account for the offside call or the other penalty we should have had but again its clutching at straws to say that penalty gets retook.

6 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

And where else has it been enforced ? I will hold them to account for the offside call or the other penalty we should have had but again its clutching at straws to say that penalty gets retook.

Every club was briefed on all the new rule changes in the summer. 

Cunt of a rule. But it's the rule.

32 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Clutching at straws? Aye, ok, he was a foot off his line but that’s ok because lots of teams get away with it.....

Alfie fucked it, and possibly Gerrard if he did indeed approve him taking penalties (I’m ignoring the Tav haters who want to hate him now he isn’t taking penalties like they wanted because he didn’t take a penalty). However that is only one of a number of incidents that were called incorrectly by the officials.

Yes, we have ourselves to blame for not scoring. However officials  gifting celtic a goal that shouldn’t stand as well as denying us a retake and further penalties does kind of skew the result in one direction.

Just now, BlueThunder said:

Clutching at straws? Aye, ok, he was a foot off his line but that’s ok because lots of teams get away with it.....

Alfie fucked it, and possibly Gerrard if he did indeed approve him taking penalties (I’m ignoring the Tav haters who want to hate him now he isn’t taking penalties like they wanted because he didn’t take a penalty). However that is only one of a number of incidents that were called incorrectly by the officials.

Yes, we have ourselves to blame for not scoring. However gifting celtic a goal that shouldn’t stand as well as denying us a retake and further penalties does kind of skew the result in one direction.

Apart from the womens world cup when has it been enforced ? This place would be in meltdown if it was the opposite way about and Mcgregor got pulled for it.

Tav was took off penalties and rightly so as he has missed a few this season, it just so happened out first penalty since his last miss came in this game.

The goal should never stand and we had another stonewaller denied, I have took some confidence from the game today as on another day we win by a couple of goals.

It was a fucking hard one to take today's result. I am trying to take positives but it's really difficult as end of the day it's results that matter and we did not deliver. Alfredo was not awful note were many of our players however I agree Tavernier should not be captain or have, what seems like the weight of expectations that are going with that job. Sickened overall that we have given up a very good opportunity this time when we overall played better. Comes back to my main thrust of my argument that despite this we lost out. There are probably many taig fans thinking they didn't deserve that win.

18 hours ago, ScottBF2 said:

Scoreline was 1-0. When was the last time we confidently beat them mate?

Can't rely on Morelos to score v them. Sad as it makes me it's true. Goldson and Tav are supposed to be captain and vice and they couldn't Marshall a group of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Last season at Ibrox. Yesterday was every bit a good a performance 

15 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Apart from the womens world cup when has it been enforced ? This place would be in meltdown if it was the opposite way about and Mcgregor got pulled for it.

Tav was took off penalties and rightly so as he has missed a few this season, it just so happened out first penalty since his last miss came in this game.

The goal should never stand and we had another stonewaller denied, I have took some confidence from the game today as on another day we win by a couple of goals.

Arsenal v Norwich a week ago , aubameyang had his pen saved but got a retake because a Norwich player had encroached in the box and cleared the rebound 

Archived