Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Maybe. Maybe not.

They'll forget about us losing a cup final to a goal that should never have stood. They'll have ignored the fact that it was a 4 year project / contract signed in 2018, extended by 2 years in Dec which most seemed happy with.  The stats which will probably show points increase in the league year on year will be ignored. Oh and most importantly there'll be few names suggested to who could replace him and deny SG a 3rd year, whilst being given a one season hit to stop 10.

Yes he's been backed but he started in a god awful position. Hes been backed but still spent less than the mob across the city on signings, still spends less on salaries, can barter for loans whilst they can afford 15m players to come in. He started with minimal experienced internationalists compared to them. All whilst trying to make cheaper players do the hardest thing which as Walter said is having the mentality to win a league (something the scum have built up in abundance in our years in lower leagues). If you were reviewing a neutral league, given these circumstances, would you think it right the 2nd top team talked of sacking their manager after 18/24 months, or is it just because its us?

So for me it's still about the rate of progress the team and Gerrard are making, and I'm pretty convinced even without trophies he'll get a 3rd year from me. I think it's the best solution to stop their 10. If he cant overcome the odds and win the league (tbh that's what itll come down to for me not cups) then we'll have given him his opportunity I'll likely question then whether it's time. But not before then if I'm still seeing progress which I am (I'm not saying enough, nor in all areas) this season.

Some people are just unlucky.

Just now, Bristol loyal said:

In all honesty if we sack him in the summer we would just be handing them 10 before the season even starts, we can’t expect a new manager to come in and have a mass overhaul of the squad, coaching team etc and then go on to win the title under the pressure they’ll be under next season. However this is Rangers and certain standards must be met. If Gerrard goes two seasons without silverware, next season the only way to keep his job will be to stop 10 in a row imo.

Do you really see him winning it next year? He will then be scared like previous players have been.

11 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

No, the sad thing is, if he were offered a premier league job then he’d be off in a shot. He is working under restricted conditions due to the boards lack of ability to actually get money into the club.

Theres nothing to suggest this is in any way true.

2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Do you really see him winning it next year? He will then be scared like previous players have been.

At the moment no I don’t, however he’s got more chance than a whole new coaching team and squad will. Fucking horrible state to be in because at the moment I can’t see anything other than them bastards cruising to 10.

3 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Some people are just unlucky.

Not sure if you mean he's just an unlucky type of guy, or unlucky that's the circumstances he finds himself in.

Don't really think hes unlucky in life, and if it's the latter his replacement will be just as unlucky too needing to turn water to wine.

6 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

There's been enough progress to warrant sticking with the guy, he's done some great things. He needs to sort out what's gone wrong since the break though, he should have learned from last season but unfortunately it seems like he hasn't.

There's a great manager in there. I know there is.

If he can't see what's wrong he's blind.

Yes there is a manager in there, but suffering from a bad case of denial in playing favourites and no plan B. Needs to get tough. No pals in defeat.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Theres nothing to suggest this is in any way true.

“Ok Steven, that’s the season ticket money and tv money in, after operating costs you’ve got £7 million to spend unless you sell some of our best players”

or

”there’s £70 million, let me know if you need more”

what would you rather work under? 

I think if we don't win anything which now is a high possibility then he is in trouble. will they sack him?  I doubt it due to SG signing a new contract recently but they will need to make some sort of change to get us to the point we need to be

14 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

In all honesty if we sack him in the summer we would just be handing them 10 before the season even starts, we can’t expect a new manager to come in and have a mass overhaul of the squad, coaching team etc and then go on to win the title under the pressure they’ll be under next season. However this is Rangers and certain standards must be met. If Gerrard goes two seasons without silverware, next season the only way to keep his job will be to stop 10 in a row imo.

We had a better chance of stopping 9 than 10. The scum won't stand stilland will go all out to set a new record with their far greater resources.

If he thinks Ojo IS a player, then we'd have no chance anyway.

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

“Ok Steven, that’s the season ticket money and tv money in, after operating costs you’ve got £7 million to spend unless you sell some of our best players”

or

”there’s £70 million, let me know if you need more”

what would you rather work under? 

Hypothesis again.

Theres nothing I've seen or heard or read to suggest he'd be off in a shot if offered a PL job. I've read stuff to the contrary.

If it's your opinion then fine, but theres nothing I'm aware of to back up that opinion unless you have something else?

6 hours ago, KingKirk said:

It wouldn't be right mate.  If they get 10 then that's the time to start over. 

I would give him another season . If we blow it and they get the record .

Then he goes down as a massive failure , no matter what anyone says now

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We had a better chance of stopping 9 than 10. The scum won't stand stilland will go all out to set a new record with their far greater resources.

If he thinks Ojo IS a player, then we'd have no chance anyway.

Agreed, i said at the start of the season this is our last chance to stop them before 10 and we’ve completely fucked it.

Not a chance, we've only dropped twelve points all season and we were unlucky /robbed of the league cup, we've qualified from a tough group in Europe, add that to he's only been here for a season and a half and that puts the question to bed, he needs to sort out the consistency for the full season, you can't have a bad month and win the league when it's a two horse race imo. 

16 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

At the moment no I don’t, however he’s got more chance than a whole new coaching team and squad will. Fucking horrible state to be in because at the moment I can’t see anything other than them bastards cruising to 10.

Yeah that's what I think, but maybe a new man would make the difference 

Not as long as he ticks all the boxes on here.

"I can listen to the gaffer talk all day."

"He gets us."

Meanwhile the tarriers have done 10 in a row and 5 trebles.

His jacket is a belter but and mind that time he cheered into the camera but but.

17 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not sure if you mean he's just an unlucky type of guy, or unlucky that's the circumstances he finds himself in.

Don't really think hes unlucky in life, and if it's the latter his replacement will be just as unlucky too needing to turn water to wine.

In life. He's doing all the right things as he did in his playing days. Just not happening though.

25 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

That's reason number one.

Number two is that realistically that manager will be some cunt like McInnes.

I still can't get my head around Ojo coming on to help as get the points . Absolutely suspect decision for me

And 2 new players given the task of coming on and winning us a game when we were desperate . Shocking management

It's still making me livid , thinking about the continuing same mistakes he makes

4 minutes ago, wully said:

Not as long as he ticks all the boxes on here.

"I can listen to the gaffer talk all day."

"He gets us."

Meanwhile the tarriers have done 10 in a row and 5 trebles.

His jacket is a belter but and mind that time he cheered into the camera but but.

At this moment in time Wully . They is a strong possibility of that scenario happening . If it did . I honestly couldn't say a good thing about him

Archived