Supporters at Ibrox

graeme_4

Debated starting this or not, probably been said before and won’t make me popular, but after last night I thought fuck it.

There’s no questioning the impact we’ve had in keeping the club going, particularly since 2012, but since Christmas things are taking a nosedive. 

As a fanbase we’ve always had high standards and demands on and off the pitch, but we need to recognise the impact we’re having on the team at times. I appreciate that part of being a Rangers player is standing up to internal and external pressures, but the bile and aggression towards the team and manager (and even the fucking seats!) spewing out of some cunts over the last month has been outrageous - we’re all feeling the heat, but the team need support. 

From getting on players back 1 bad pass in, leaving at 75 minutes when we’re chasing a winner and either sitting on your hands making fuck all noise or just screaming abuse at individual players - some are acting like petulant arseholes and it does nothing for the team. 

Worst of the lot at the loud angry arseholes flipping their nut over the smallest things, when it’s clear they’ve not a clue about how football works and never played the game to a half decent level. Pissing me right off.

There was a point at half time and a couple of points in the second half where we really all went for it in unison, and there was a clear positive impact on the team. Need more of it if we want this league. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ibrox is an absolute shambles these days, it’s full of greeting faced cunts who love nothing more than to get on players backs.

Gerrard has even mentioned the fact he needs the crowd with them for certain home games this year, stuff like that shouldn’t need to be said.

No point even starting on the subway loyal, fucking embarrassing. 

I don't get to go often and I hate that I can't.

Difficult for me to truly comment because of this but I think we are in a unique set of circumstances and the expectation levels/pressure around the club is cranked right up. Add that to beating them and then the lacklustre performances we've seen since Jan, I think there is a natural frustration which is to be expected. 

1 minute ago, fanaticCR said:

Rangers need to accept some responsibility aswell, do absolutely nothing to encourage atmosphere. No standing sections, don’t hang flags there etc.

How do you think fans would feel about season tickets which moved you around one section of the ground but meant you didn't always sit in the same seat, next to the same person and hearing the same gripes.

Could have sections which are still kept for those people who like their spot, but for those who don't really mind would help bring a fresh atmosphere to parts of the ground. 

That and safe standing. 

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

How do you think fans would feel about season tickets which moved you around one section of the ground but meant you didn't always sit in the same seat, next to the same person and hearing the same gripes.

Could have sections which are still kept for those people who like their spot, but for those who don't really mind would help bring a fresh atmosphere to parts of the ground. 

That and safe standing. 

Safe standing is the main thing. Fuck sake even Killie have it now :lol:

Tbf I’ll let it slide the now with all the work that’s been going on for out 150 year anniversary coming up.

3 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

That and safe standing. 

Tell the muppet to shut the fuck up if he bothers you that much or ask for a move in the summer. 

Maybe if the team were offering up something close to an acceptable standard of football they wouldn’t need to worry about this 

No one wants to watch us pass the ball around the edge of the box for 20 minutes to create one chance that will probably end in a horrendous attempt at a finish 

Standards.

Would say the way we play on the park & how we have played since Warburtons time influences the atmosphere

It's usually decent before the game starts but watching your team pass from side to side for 25 minutes then pass it out of play completely kills the atmosphere. We had 1 shot on target last night in the first 30 minutes.

That being said, cunts who scream at players after 1 or 2 mistakes are idiots.

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Would say the way we play on the park & how we have played since Warburtons time influences the atmosphere

It's usually decent before the game starts but watching your team pass from side to side for 25 minutes then pass it out of play completely kills the atmosphere. We had 1 shot on target last night in the first 30 minutes.

That being said, cunts who scream at players after 1 or 2 mistakes are idiots.

Pussy whipped idiots who say fuckall in the house.

Just now, GA1972 said:

Maybe if the team were offering up something close to an acceptable standard of football they wouldn’t need to worry about this 

No one wants to watch us pass the ball around the edge of the box for 20 minutes to create one chance that will probably end in a horrendous attempt at a finish 

Standards.

You are meant to encourage that in today’s happy clapper mentality, it’s mental. 

If folk were making a cunt of their job week after week would they expect to get called into the Bosses office and given a pat on the back and told to keep up the great work. 

1 minute ago, Billy1984 said:

😂😂takes more than that to upset me😉 

Good man 👍👍 the sensible adult approach, pity you think the players don’t have the same mentality and just go fuck it I’m not going to try because those big bad football fans are moaning at me for being shite today. 

30 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Ibrox is an absolute shambles these days, it’s full of greeting faced cunts who love nothing more than to get on players backs.

Gerrard has even mentioned the fact he needs the crowd with them for certain home games this year, stuff like that shouldn’t need to be said.

No point even starting on the subway loyal, fucking embarrassing. 

This.

25 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

That and safe standing. 

Don't think the Rover ticket from the early 80s would work with size of the crowd nowadays.

23 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Tell the muppet to shut the fuck up if he bothers you that much or ask for a move in the summer. 

As I said I don’t have a season ticket, but your idea sounds like it would contribute to a positive atmosphere. More people should try it I say.

Ibrox has always been like that. The Walter Smith second era was brutal and he won trophies and took us to a european final ffs.

The players do have a responsability though and as Gerrard says, they have to gove the crowd something for that to happen.

I can understand groans when we are doen a goal and Davis has just played his 10 long ball out for a goal kick.

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Ibrox has always been like that. The Walter Smith second era was brutal and he won trophies and took us to a european final ffs.

It was painful to watch at times in fairness but I’d take it in a heartbeat now 

I agree in the most part but the players have to step up somewhere along the line as well. 
I always do my best to support the team but last night we were 1-0 down and for the 4th time in the first half Davis clipped the ball out for a goal kick, the fans have every right to have a go at absolute amateur stuff like that. 

The fans then responded brilliantly to Hagi in the second half because he was positive, hardly played a sideways pass and generally drove forward every time he had the ball. 

It works both ways sometimes

Archived