Ibrox Match day Parking Ban

docspiderman

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, andyhrfc said:

Anything to gave a go at  Rangers.   FFS residents can hack it for 4 hours 30 times  max a year.    Fortunately our parking space is outside the restrictions but fuckin shite for many older or or less  mobile  Bears who need to park closer. 

You will be lucky to park where you are atm as others are forced to park outside the boundary.

Sometimes i park near the shops at Shieldhall Rd but i think ill end up at the other side of the roundabout approaching Braehead!! I like walking so not too fussed. 

At the end of the day we will all be parking somewhere so  residents will be unhappy 

6 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

The GCC pound is at Polmadie.

Loads of vacant parking space in Drumoyne that inconveniences nobody - and it will all be outlawed.

Clydebank or anywhere else West of Partick across the river - murder to get to on public transport.

Johnstone - 1 bus an hour and very few at all on Sundays.

Renfrew is a mere three miles in a straight line from Ibrox - yet there is no bus service covers the route. 

I would love to use public transport if it were an option - but it's not.

This is wrong, buses out of Johnstone every 15 minutes 38 coming from Kilbarchan 38 from Spateston and 38A again from Spateston but goes through Johnstone castle instead of the town centre, all take you to Ibrox, obviously Sunday it’s different and there’s only 1 an hour 

16 hours ago, Land Rover said:

Shower of shite .

You tax your car you park and drive where you want , is the road not public property ? 

What happens if you go and visit a mate who stays local , does yer motor get towed if there is a match on ? 

This will likely inconvenience the locals as well .

Not to mention the "watch yer car mister" guys - anyone spare a thought for them and their families ....#metoo 

Most of the locals are for it. Regards visiting the mate, the locals would get a couple of guest parking permit things.

15 hours ago, Land Rover said:

Was that the first Lambo they'd towed ? 

Hear what you're saying , but this is wrong . An established business for over a century and all of a sudden it's toys out the pram with parking . What about the rugby at Scotston or a rock concert at Belahouston park , are they all no parking zones now .

There will be some counterfeit badges doing the rounds I think .

Re Scotstoun and Bellahouston yeah, they are. Think Hampden has it too, and it's coming at Sellic Park.

21 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Most of the locals are for it. Regards visiting the mate, the locals would get a couple of guest parking permit things.

yes the guest parking badges are a tenner a year. How long before thats 200 quid and also the resident has to pay admin charges for their permit. Its money for old rope for the GCC. In my experience, once a tarrif is imposed it is never rescinded and only goes North.

Airport tax is a classic example.

2 minutes ago, semaj said:

yes the guest parking badges are a tenner a year. How long before thats 200 quid and also the resident has to pay admin charges for their permit. Its money for old rope for the GCC. In my experience, once a tarrif is imposed it is never rescinded and only goes North.

Airport tax is a classic example.

May be so. Fact remains, the residents are largely for it from what I can see.

Just now, Inigo said:

May be so. Fact remains, the residents are largely for it from what I can see.

yes I agree as most of them are yessers here in my street and hate us. I think its more to do with fucking us over than any benefit to them.

2 hours ago, semaj said:

yes I agree as most of them are yessers here in my street and hate us. I think its more to do with fucking us over than any benefit to them.

It's a mix of things. For some that's the case, for others it's just a matter of their own convenience. Others are happy to take any action against the fans because they don't like their behaviour going to matches.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I can understand the residents having an opinion on this - but business premises that are not being used evenings and weekends?  No reason to ban parking there surely?

Yeah, the broad brush nature of it is overkill I'd say.

1 minute ago, j1mgg said:

Does this cover urdale road and the area beside the academy.

It will be a fucking nightmare taking a 5 yr old, especially during the week, travelling from Broxburn.

Yip. And a lot further afield than that.

Just now, Inigo said:

Yip. And a lot further afield than that.

That's a joke.

Wasn't back until nearly 11 midweek with him there, and we get away pretty quickly.

How long till houses in that area start renting out their drive for a fiver a car, some will be making £100 a night with the size of their drives.

2 hours ago, j1mgg said:

That's a joke.

Wasn't back until nearly 11 midweek with him there, and we get away pretty quickly.

How long till houses in that area start renting out their drive for a fiver a car, some will be making £100 a night with the size of their drives.

Yeah, that definitely will happen. 

The horrible thing is that some folk with drives are the ones that are pro this. The fans parking on matchdays doesn't even affect them.

There are some residents I can understand being for it. Others it's maliciousness or selfishness. 

5 hours ago, Inigo said:

Re Scotstoun and Bellahouston yeah, they are. Think Hampden has it too, and it's coming at Sellic Park.

It was proposed for there but I am sure their board made an official statement against the plans because of their traveling support being inconvenienced and everything went quiet.

44 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

It was proposed for there but I am sure their board made an official statement against the plans because of their traveling support being inconvenienced and everything went quiet.

It's supposed to be due for coming in along with ours.

Archived