Lost The Dressing Room

BridgeIsBlue

6 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Are we not something like 9 points better off after 26 games last season.

Sadly celtic are the same.

Yes, we’re better off.  Shown improvement in the domestic cups by reaching a final, qualified from our Europa group to the knockout stages, and have a higher points tally in the league.  As long as there’s improvement, year after year, Gerrard shouldn’t be replaced.  

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

So if we go for a rebuild you would be happy to sign players from league 1 in England?

At least it will give you a platform to keep moaning and being critical.....league 1 level of players will not see us challenge the vermin or win trophies!!

And the current squad is? Incase you havent realised they are probably going to do a 4th treble in a row, but nobody will tell me that we couldnt have used the likes of docherty, mccrorie and murphy, especially when people are moaning about squad depth

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And the current squad is? Incase you havent realised they are probably going to do a 4th treble in a row, but nobody will tell me that we couldnt have used the likes of docherty, mccrorie and murphy, especially when people are moaning about squad depth

The same players who have featured for us in previous treble winning campaigns they have had?

Strange argument, why not bring Crooks, Windass, Kiernan, Holt etc etc back....we need to continually look for better players,  for what it's worth I liked Murphy when he 1st came in but his injury I feel done for his career with us, McCrorie might come back but he isn't the young potential anymore and Docherty I feel is not at the level required either 

The problem is our budget means we have had to sign mediocre players to fill the squad from 15 upwards, our strongest 11/13 when playing well are fine, the injuries, suspensions and loss of form for key players have been too much for this squad to handle. 

15 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Docherty isnt getting in ahead of Davis, Jack, Kamara or Arfield. McCrorie cant get a game for Portsmouth in midfield so unlikely to for us.  He could maybe have covered Tavs injury period but he himself is just returning from injury. Then when Tav is fit, he'd be relegated to squad player again. Murphy knew he needed games and whilst he's played 6 in a short time he's been subbed in 4 of them. Says his body aches after games, had a free midweek weve not got the luxury of, and is clearly being managed to match fitness.

So 2/3 need games to get match fit, and Docherty wanted games 2nd half of the season. None of that fits in with us keeping them in the squad and using sporadically. So whilst a fit Murphy and McCrorie would be good options, they're only getting fit from playing at their loan clubs. Doc is the only one fit and who I'd have kept here but can get why he left for minutes he'll not get with us, and will benefit from it.

16 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

The same players who have featured for us in previous treble winning campaigns they have had?

Strange argument, why not bring Crooks, Windass, Kiernan, Holt etc etc back....we need to continually look for better players,  for what it's worth I liked Murphy when he 1st came in but his injury I feel done for his career with us, McCrorie might come back but he isn't the young potential anymore and Docherty I feel is not at the level required either 

The problem is our budget means we have had to sign mediocre players to fill the squad from 15 upwards, our strongest 11/13 when playing well are fine, the injuries, suspensions and loss of form for key players have been too much for this squad to handle. 

So we blow our budget on guys not good enough, instead of keeping out budget and using the other guys not good enough? 

I actually dont believe both sets are good enough for us, but someone moaned about squad depth when it was gerrard that sent away the depth thery were moaning about

1 hour ago, TMB said:

Yes, we’re better off.  Shown improvement in the domestic cups by reaching a final, qualified from the Europa, and have a higher points tally in the league.  As long as there’s improvement, year after year, Gerrard shouldn’t be replaced.  

I agree 😉👍

13 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So we blow our budget on guys not good enough, instead of keeping out budget and using the other guys not good enough? 

I actually dont believe both sets are good enough for us, but someone moaned about squad depth when it was gerrard that sent away the depth thery were moaning about

Basically our budget meant we had to bring in the likes of Jones, Barker, Ojo & Stewart,  we still spent around 11million in fees so it probably was a balancing act to bolster numbers....everyone had their right to be sceptical how we did our business in the summer, I'm sure the players who are surplus in the summer will be shipped out and better quality will be brought in.

14 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Basically our budget meant we had to bring in the likes of Jones, Barker, Ojo & Stewart,  we still spent around 11million in fees so it probably was a balancing act to bolster numbers....everyone had their right to be sceptical how we did our business in the summer, I'm sure the players who are surplus in the summer will be shipped out and better quality will be brought in.

We face another rebuild in summer.

The players Gerrard has relied on have proven that they’re not up to it.

Throw in the fact that Morelos will likely leave, How abject we’ve been in transfer market and players will Likely have to be sold before We can spend and it brings home how vital this season was.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Throw in the fact that Morelos will likely leave, How abject we’ve been in transfer market and players will Likely have to be sold before We can spend and it brings home how vital this season 

What happens with Gerrard will determine how big a rebuild job it becomes, if a new manager comes in I could genuinely see Goldson, Tavernier, Barasic, Morelos,Davis & Kamara moving out from the 1st team, couple that with the futures of the squad players then we are back to needing 10 players....personally I still think Gerrard will be in a job, Morelos being the obvious 1 but I think another couple of 1st teamers will move on also 

17 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Throw in the fact that Morelos will likely leave, How abject we’ve been in transfer market and players will Likely have to be sold before We can spend and it brings home how vital this season was.

I just hope Ross Wilson brings more to the table than Mark Allen did in terms of targets or players they like.

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I just hope Ross Wilson brings more to the table than Mark Allen did in terms of targets or players they like.

It will be interesting to see the kind of players wilson targets in the summer vs what Allen was recommending. 

We're going to need more quailty but imo we need much stronger mentality in this side. Players who won't struggle under the pressure. It will be enormous next season. 

4 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Are we not something like 9 points better off after 26 games last season.

Sadly celtic are the same.

This is what is confusing me. The tims have been far and away a better team than last year. Even if we'd beat them at Ibrox in September they'd still be 7 clear. We've been great this year, in general, they've just been better. Hard to accept but that is the case. 

Still a lot of football to be played though. 

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

See i dont buy that we had to bring them in, last summer we signed barker, ojo, kent, jones, and hastie, all wingers, and gerrard is hell bent in a system that doesnt use them

Add to that we let go a player because he wanted guarantees of game time, one of the hardest working players ibrox has seen since walters days, a player who is badly missed the now, 

11mill in fees, 4mill in a position we had 3 players fighting for two spots, and 7mill on a winger that doesn't play as a winger

On 16/02/2020 at 16:02, BridgeIsBlue said:

They're not playing for him anymore, irregardless of the result nobody can convince me otherwise that those players genuinely give a fuck. 

This is the beginning of the end for Gerrard, deja vu all over again from Warburtons final days. 

Something has clearly happened over the winter break because there's no valid reason for this monumental collapse. 

Absolute shite, Kent has been taken to Ibrox twice by Gerrard and cost us 7M , he's giving 100% and owes Gerrard big time but sadly he's just not that good a player and even more sad is the fact that there's at least half a dozen first teamers who are not Rangers class. Gerrard must take responsibility as he signed them but no chance have these players downed tools it's just that the Rangers jersey is too heavy for them.

If Gerrard isn't keen on a player, they are doomed. Players like Dorrans, Murphy, King, Rossiter all acted professionally when leaving but deep down inside they probably harbour resentment.

If you have a bad attitude or lazy  like Lafferty, Grezda or maybe even Jones then there is no way back.

But I guarantee guys like Jack, Goldson, Tav, Morelos, Davis, Defoe & Kent think he walks on water.

He calls it as he sees it and whether you agree or not, I like that. I don't think he has lost the room.

Archived