*****Official Rangers v Bayer 04 Thread*****

G.E.C.

Well beaten by a vastly superior team. We gave it a decent go in the second half and Kamberi and Hagi did well. If we look over the whole European campaign then we can be very proud of our achievements. We were eventually going to come up against a really top class team and that’s exactly what has happened. I think after Sunday the season will be over anyway as they will probably suspend the league. Will maybe give the manager a chance to decide on who he will keep and who needs to go. If your a bear tonight there’s no need to feel too disappointed. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Kamberi was brilliant bud. 

You get your Germany stuff sorted? 

WhatsApp if don't want to put on here 

Did a fuck mate. Phoned them 3 different days saying people had died n everything, cunts were wanting death certificates emailed to them 😂. Well outa pocket unless the flights are cancelled mate. 

Plenty of us hoping the Germans are just coughing on each other the now😂

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Yip 100000000% mate

See some of our home European support they're absolute cretins. Never to be seen at any domestic game and by 6 on a European night they're whiteying and bouncing into families etc. 

I'm a stoater and people here will tell you that but never like that 

Been like that for years with European games, not sure if it’s glory hunting or just an excuse to get steaming.

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

What in involvement did he have? What could he have prevented?

His dreadful positional sense.

He wasn’t marking anyone but the free player behind him got marked by Polster.

Polster in turn left a man behind himself when he covered and then compounded it by making an awful attempt at stopping the boy scoring. 👍

1 minute ago, Malkster said:

I thought they played within themselves tonight, and could've upped the pace any time they wanted

I thought in the first half they looked like us trying to play against a Hamilton or Ross County

Just knocking the ball about with no intensity devoid of ideas until as always we handed them a golden chance for the lead 

My da and wee brother told me tonight I better not getting that steaming like I did against Hamilton, kindly reminded them we're playing against one of the top sides in European football atm, fair play to them. 

Bring on the nappy rippers on Sunday. 

19 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I'm not concerned about him showing a 20min spell in about 700mins of game time(since the start of the year).

That 1st half when you need to assert yourself and set a standard that everyone else lives up to (as the captain) he looked every bit the £250k capture from Wigan.

Like i say, I'm not overly bothered about the result as they are a proper team, probably win it.

But Tav,  he's regressing at a rapid pace.

He's not been anywhere near as good as last season but you only have to compare to Polster coming on and he's just a far better footballer than him.

Few times in that second half the ball was belted to Tav and his first touch is consistently very good. Was it Tav's corner for Edmundson's goal too? 

Great energy, run and ball to set up Morelos' clear chance.

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

His dreadful positional sense.

He wasn’t marking anyone but the free player behind him got marked by Polster.

Polster in turn left a man behind himself when he covered and then compounded it by making an awful attempt at stopping the boy scoring. 👍

So Polster came in to mark the guy that wasnt his man instead of communicating, left his man in acres, got turned inside out and his man scored?

Can see why Goldson is the problem there.

Polster will be rightly slated for his part in the 3rd but on the flip side that’s what happens when you throw on a midfielder at right back in a game against Leon Bailey when he’s barely getting any minutes against domestic dross 

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

What did he say?

About Polster?

That he had to bring the man down and take the yellow when he lost it that high up the pitch, and if he doesn't he has to get himself back in a position to defend which he did to be fair to him, but he's then been beaten far too easily 

Or something like that

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So Polster came in to mark the guy that wasnt his man instead of communicating, left his man in acres, got turned inside out and his man scored?

Can see why Goldson is the problem there.

Goldson charged out to the edge of the box leaving Polster to mark two players but yes,he was turned inside out and it was a great finish.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

About Polster?

That he had to bring the man down and take the yellow when he lost it that high up the pitch, and if he doesn't he has to get himself back in a position to defend which he did to be fair to him, but he's then been beaten far too easily 

Or something like that

I'll watch it cos that's vague as fuck mate 😬

Just now, Blumhoilann said:

Davis was poor tonite but I think that's a stretch,lol.

Can’t remember one instance where he made the correct decision, always plays the first available back pass often unsuccessfully 

Archived