The league must be voided

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Dude said:

You cited another league as a 'precedent' then claimed I done the same with F1. Made up shite.

"You told me yesterday that the season 1939/40 couldn’t be compared as it’s two different footballing bodies yet it’s ok to example F1?"

I mentioned them in relation to a Formula One race as was perfectly evident to anyone with the reading comprehension of a small child.

I said you used F1 as an example. Don’t change my words. You admitted you used it as an example.

I will defend your right on here to have your viewpoint whether I agree or not but don’t patronise or change words to suit. 👍

7 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I said you used F1 as an example. Don’t change my words. You admitted you used it as an example.

I will defend your right on here to have your viewpoint whether I agree or not but don’t patronise or change words to suit. 👍

That's literally a direct quote of you. You cited the 1940 season as a precedent why the SPFL should null and void. My reference to F1 was nothing like that whatsoever and infact referred to what happens at the end of an F1 race if it is ended early or, as in my example, it had gone on aslong as the SPFL season has.

"You told me yesterday that the season 1939/40 couldn’t be compared as it’s two different footballing bodies yet it’s ok to example F1?"

18 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

You used it as an example,that’s exactly what I said.

Dont start your patronising shite. This is a debate, that is all.

You aren’t above a single person on here so don’t act like you are 👍

The cunt thinks he is better than all of us.  

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You cited another league as a 'precedent' then claimed I done the same with F1. Made up shite.

I mentioned them in relation to a Formula One race as was perfectly evident to anyone with the reading comprehension of a small child.

Can you confirm that the league of 1939/40 was declared void with The Rangers sitting top, due to a national emergency (war), should precedent not apply if the Government declare a national emergency under present circumstances.

5 minutes ago, backup said:

Can you confirm that the league of 1939/40 was declared void with The Rangers sitting top, due to a national emergency (war), should precedent not apply if the Government declare a national emergency under present circumstances.

The 39/40 League was declared void with Rangers one point clear after five games.

It was agreed between clubs to replace the SFL with emergency competitions instead. Rangers won the first edition and were crown champions in 1940. As the leagues were not organised by the SFL, they are considered unofficial and aren't counted in the club's record.

It was a different League body. (Scottish Football League/Scottish Professional Football League).

The SPFL feel their rulebook adequately covers it and an example from a different league body under a different rule book isn't a precedent.

Just now, HuistraHairDo said:

@The Dude thought you said you were full time journo?

You've been on this thread  for 9hrs solid

Aye, i've also published nine stories today and am currently sat waiting to interview an SPFL chairman. Having a single tab open on here isn't difficult. Especially now we're effectively confined to the house/office at the moment so I'm not out and about at clubs and having to do everything via email, slack or phone.

https://www.dn.pt/desportos/uefa-sugere-declarar-campeoes-os-primeiros-classificados-dos-campeonatos-11935361.html

Translate the Spanish article

UEFA is preparing this Tuesday, at the meeting with its 55 affiliated associations, to standardize the criteria to define who are the champions of each of the leagues, as well as the teams that go up and down the division, in case the championships national policies are not resumed. The news is released this Monday by the Spanish newspaper AS, guaranteeing that the objective of that organization is to ensure "justice and equal merits" in accessing next year's Champions League and Europa League. In this sense, UEFA argues that the leaders of each league should be declared champions when the competition is permanently suspended. A position that is based on what happened in 1999, when Partizan Belgrade was declared champion at the moment when the Balkan War started, when there were still ten rounds to end the Yugoslavia championship. SOCCER What if the championships are canceled? The scenarios on the table Even so, the body that oversees European football believes that it will be possible to conclude all competitions, as it is counting on the postponement of the European Championship to 2021, so that the other competitions could be held on the dates reserved for the European Championship, which would begin on June 12. The postponement of Euro 2020 for one year is, therefore, one of the most important themes that will be on the table of the meeting, as well as the format for the conclusion of European competitions, in case football can return before July. Subscribe to the Diário de Notícias newsletters and receive the information first hand.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Aye, i've also published nine stories today and am currently sat waiting to interview an SPFL chairman. Having a single tab open on here isn't difficult. Especially now we're effectively confined to the house/office at the moment so I'm not out and about at clubs and having to do everything via email, slack or phone.

9 stories?

Do you write with the aid of a fucking mail-merge?

“MacLennan was appointed chairman of the Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) in July 2017.[10]. There was criticism that MacLennan is not impartial in his role with the SPFL considering the fact that INM's majority shareholder is celtic's majority shareholder Dermot Desmond. One of Desmond close associates and fellow celtic fan Denis O'Brian is also an INM shareholder. The SPFL refused to investigate the connection” 

Rangers mustn’t allow this corrupt bastards to continue this sham.

1 hour ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

BTW mate, I see Chris Commons has an article today trying to defend them getting the title, he quotes (as you did earlier in this thread)  F1 as an example, coincidence or what. ?
Football is not F1.

agreed sir.

Strange how when it suits certain people's narratives that using a completely different sport as a comparison is ok, but bears bringing up precedents from this league's past is met with derision and "different league, different rules". You can't get much different sports than F1 and Football. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Must be nine very short stories you have replied to every comment 🤣

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

9 stories?

Do you write with the aid of a fucking mail-merge?

Nope, I'll do as many as 12-15 in a day depending on what's going on. Some will just be shite like twitter reacts and the sort of stuff that can get knocked out quickly but others will take a bit more time and be worked on in wee bits and pieces.

Just now, HuistraHairDo said:

Must be nine very short stories you have replied to every comment 🤣

Between 300-600 words normally.

It's not that difficult at all. Especially if I'm using quotes which are already transcribed, can fire it out in 5-10 minutes sometimes.

22 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Anyway need to go out, there is no other sport to compare and no other example of a season being shortened to compare. This is new and it will get dealt with. It has to be properly done.

Fuck other sports.

Football been going since 1800s and a contest incomplete (whether it be fog, pitch invasion, pitch waterlogged, snow, wartime, foot and mouth etc) is always abandoned and restarted.

We have started a competition that we cannot now complete without huge logistical complications, not least of which is the fact that we have no idea when the next game will be.

Based on the SPFL 38 games-in-a-season rule and many, many years of tradition, there is only one decision which does not reek even higher than our resident Pulitzer winning fenian mouthpiece.

Literally centuries of established practice to be set aside purely for the benefit of the scum and their cheerleader on here who is still wallowing in it.

Archived