What clubs could realistically die.

ZZed

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A great deal unless the is some form of aid. At this stage of the season cash reserves of all clubs are at their lowest ahead of the new season and next wave of ST money.

11 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

None in the top flight, celtic will make sure they're alright🤨

Aye just like they did last time. 

They even stitched up Dundee United first time round, yet none of them have even questioned cellic's stranglehold ever since. 

All of them just happy to get a cup final or entry to Europe with guaranteed early knockout every 5 years or so. 

On 15/03/2020 at 08:41, Dave Hedgehog said:

Dundee Utd. Apparently they are spending 133%  of their turnover on wages.

It was all in for them to get promoted this season. 

That would be glorious.

Not to mention the American owners budgeting on playing European football within 4 years and this is their second season.

the scottish teams fall into 4 types:

1 - small community clubs, which includes most of the division 2 and 3 clubs plus the highland / lowland league and the juniors; they are used to operating on a very small budget, usually live within their means, have part time players on low wages and have local community support.  i consider that most will be OK and some will benefit by replacing clubs higher up the pyramid.

2 - big, in scottish terms, professional teams; the top 6-8 with high overheads, wages as a significant % of income with big national or international sponsors.  I would list Us, celtic, Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Hibs, Motherwell, Livingstone) These will be a case by case basis; they will need money in the bank or access to cash as loans or a relaxation of the FFP rules for investment.  It will be squeaky bum time for a few, likely including us, and i think one of the six will go to the wall.

3 - project clubs with significant reliance on individuals / small groups (Partick, Dundee Utd, Cove Rangers maybe a few others) will depend on the willingness of the individuals and the effect the virus has on them personally.  i think Cove will be fine, Partick are heading for death and Dundee Utd are 50/50, they should be OK if promotion goes ahead, if not then they are 75:25 against.

4 - teams who think they are bigger than they are or are leveraged, in debt, or struggling with small crowds and poor facilities anyway (the Caley Thistle, Ross County, Hearts, Dundee, Dunfermline, Kilmarnock, Albion, Cowdenbeath, maybe Morton etc).  I think these clubs will struggle and we will see a number of them fold.

30 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

If we get fucked and the tims gee the league, Id fully back an away day boycott and fuck all the clubs over when they are at their weakest. 

That should be on the negotiation table.

Would be a fan based decision. Nothing to do with the club. 

Tempted though, would be nice revenge.

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Very much a club decision too. They can and could decline all away tickets.

End up with a two team league. 

We'd get hammered by the SPL and UEFA.

Doesn't sit morally with me either, because some fans, for whatever reason, would still want to go, so has to be a majority fan based decision.

12 minutes ago, tannerall said:

We'd get hammered by the SPL and UEFA.

Doesn't sit morally with me either, because some fans, for whatever reason, would still want to go, so has to be a majority fan based decision.

Doesn’t sit morally with me that a title could be given that hasn’t been won.

Fuck them all.

Archived