Aberdeen on the brink

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

based on what financial figures ?

Based on the fact we have an existing £10m shortfall  which needs to be plugged by directors when there are games

Taken from the annual accounts

"At the time of preparation, the forecast identified that the Group would require £10.0m by way of debt or equity funding by the end of season 2019/2020 in order to meet its liabilities as they fall due."

https://media.Rangers.co.uk/uploads/2019/11/Rangers-Reports-and-Accounts-2019.pdf

It’s a dodgy financial strategy to rely on cash made from “match day”.  But I’m assuming many senior clubs have that assurance that there’s cash coming in on match day. 

pies, corporate bookings and shearing sessions must keep them afloat eh

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Based on the fact we have an existing £10m shortfall  which needs to be plugged by directors when there are games

"At the time of preparation, the forecast identified that the Group would require £10.0m by way of debt or equity funding by the end of season 2019/2020 in order to meet its liabilities as they fall due."

https://media.Rangers.co.uk/uploads/2019/11/Rangers-Reports-and-Accounts-2019.pdf

So it would be more than £10m as this figure would no doubt assume that we have income from all our games  to the end of the season. I understand the sentiment re Aberdeen - but be careful what you wish for.

Just now, savenosouls said:

So it would be more than £10m as this figure would no doubt assume that we have income from all our games  to the end of the season. I understand the sentiment re Aberdeen - but be careful what you wish for.

Quite probably. If Aberdeen are looking at a 5-6m black hole, then it could be substantially more than £10m.

Just now, The Dude said:

Aye. Think they've got a hefty reserve of cash (c30m) but even that's only enough to cover around 6 months of their payroll.

Fucking mind boggling when you look at how £30,000,000 can vanish that quickly :lol: 

41 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Die die die.

No last minute miracles. No new entity Phoenix club. Remove the stain.

Hope every one of their fans cries a million salty bitter oceans and shite hedgehogs for the next 70 years

Tell us how you feel about them really mate 😅👍

Posted on the other thread it's Good Riddance to the sheep molesters. 

Agree 100% with your post. 

25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm waiting to renew my books as soon as the club send out the forms.    I don't care if the season does not start till December and we play 20 games but what I and thousands of other bears will never let Rangers go to the walll.  

1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

I'm waiting to renew my books as soon as the club send out the forms.    I don't care if the season does not start till December and we play 20 games but what I and thousands of other bears will never let Rangers go to the walll.  

Same for me. 

2 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

I totally agree with the sentiments behind it but with individuals just as likely to feel the strain financially as business, I'd not be hanging my hat on 40,000+ rushing to spend 400 quid on season tickets when they are fearing for their own jobs etc.

Archived