Aberdeen on the brink

36 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Based on the fact we have an existing £10m shortfall  which needs to be plugged by directors when there are games

Taken from the annual accounts

"At the time of preparation, the forecast identified that the Group would require £10.0m by way of debt or equity funding by the end of season 2019/2020 in order to meet its liabilities as they fall due."

https://media.Rangers.co.uk/uploads/2019/11/Rangers-Reports-and-Accounts-2019.pdf

How much do the club roughly make each match day? 

Obviously the majority is season tickets so can’t imagine the public sales and hospitality brings in that much?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say they have at least 5 mil in player assets. Whether or not they survive long enough to make it to any transfer window or if rules are changed regarding that is a different thing. Hopefully they get buried. 

Its a bit of a misleading headline as what they actually say is that they had 1.5M in the bank and normal monthly costs are 1.2. They would then have received money from home games in March/April/May as well as the semi final.

Following on from that season ticket money would be due and with everything up in the air they will need to come up with a plan.

McCormack has money  so they will be fine.

Lots of clubs will be struggling and we ourselves had 1 million in the bank last June. It could be months before football is back and playing it behind closed doors is pointless as we all need the income.

This will not be the last story as most clubs will start to run out of money in the next few weeks.

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I totally agree with the sentiments behind it but with individuals just as likely to feel the strain financially as business, I'd not be hanging my hat on 40,000+ rushing to spend 400 quid on season tickets when they are fearing for their own jobs etc.

That's a defo, I love The Rangers as much as the next man but when push comes to shove family needs have to come first, if the sheep and hearts were to go under then surely others will follow and what kind of scenario would the Scottish game be in then, much as I hate all the bastards who voted us down if they and others were to fold then our leagues could very well follow suite, the standard is bad enough as it stands but who would want to sponsor a decimated Scottish premier league?.

I think that we should be careful what we wish for.

12 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

How much do the club roughly make each match day? 

Obviously the majority is season tickets so can’t imagine the public sales and hospitality brings in that much?

From a quick look at the accounts we made 32m in gate receipts and hospitality last season, 16m of which was from season ticket sales.

Theres also another 10m or so on top from stuff like tours, events, sponsorship and advertising.

If this goes on for any lengthy period of time, those numbers will all be massively reduced.

Hard to find any specific matchday numbers though.

Wouldn’t read too much into this tbh 

I para head says every single thing ,that’s spouted in the media ,will be geared to finishing this season quickly .For only the one reason .All the others will have little importance  .If the Sheep are skint in reality .Great 👌

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

From a quick look at the accounts we made 32m in gate receipts and hospitality last season, 16m of which was from season ticket sales.

Theres also another 10m or so on top from stuff like tours, events, sponsorship and advertising.

If this goes on for any lengthy period of time, those numbers will all be massively reduced.

Hard to find any specific matchday numbers though.

Said in another thread, last year match day revenue (outwith  season book) was worth about half a million a game profit to us.  The £10m shortfall did not fully account for our European run ( worth about £3m?) so that  probably evens out the missed home games to a certain extent. Probably finish up no better or worse off than forecast in the accounts- still need that £10m from somewhere- player sales or 'investment'

1 minute ago, Ladytonbear said:

Said in another thread, last year match day revenue (outwith  season book) was worth about half a million a game profit to us.  The £10m shortfall did not fully account for our European run ( worth about £3m?) so that  probably evens out the missed home games to a certain extent. Probably finish up no better or worse off than forecast in the accounts- still need that £10m from somewhere- player sales or 'investment'

If this continues into next season, which looks likely, that's another 500k missing (plus any Euro gate receipts, broadcast fees etc on top.)

7 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Doom merchant. 

I'm sorry. Everything is absolutely fine.

There's absolutely no financial short fall at Ibrox and despite clubs like fucking Barcelona having to get players to take paycuts we won't feel the effects of having no income for potentially six months or more.

Obviously, the £10million shortfall that needed to be filled by director loans for us to see out the season (before any of this shit had even started) was just Dave King and the auditors being 'doom merchants'.

image.thumb.png.359a29c03a70ddc56f5009c218f22a75.png

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm sorry. Everything is absolutely fine.

There's absolutely no financial short fall at Ibrox and despite clubs like fucking Barcelona having to get players to take paycuts we won't feel the effects of having no income for potentially six months or more.

Obviously, the £10million shortfall that needed to be filled by director loans for us to see out the season (before any of this shit had even started) was just Dave King and the auditors being 'doom merchants'.

image.thumb.png.359a29c03a70ddc56f5009c218f22a75.png

There are other ways to say things. “Yer man from Hong Kong”. Is he not your man as well?  I don’t think he is. We already know of the shortfall. You put it out as you’re fucking gloating about this. Never a Rangers man.  Never. 

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

I'm waiting to renew my books as soon as the club send out the forms.    I don't care if the season does not start till December and we play 20 games but what I and thousands of other bears will never let Rangers go to the walll.  

Absolutely no doubt at some point well struggle but the difference now we have Rangers fans running the club.

Like you I'll pay next year's ST regardless 

Archived