SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Well Hamilton need to be getting their marketing team moving ,Wether they like it or not the season will be starting and they will be needing money in ,The prospect of getting streams for home games that need to be played behind closed doors should push things along 

Something Iv been thinking ,Should clubs not have had a vote on restarting the season it’s surely as significant as ending a season 

Nonsense. It is Peter who decides these things.

Streams ? How many do you see paying to watch St Mirren v Hamilton or Livi v St Johnstone ? A tiny number is my confident prediction.

I still have doubts about those clubs being able to start in August.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Well Hamilton need to be getting their marketing team moving ,Wether they like it or not the season will be starting and they will be needing money in ,The prospect of getting streams for home games that need to be played behind closed doors should push things along 

Something Iv been thinking ,Should clubs not have had a vote on restarting the season it’s surely as significant as ending a season 

was pretty clear mate no matter what the clubs voted, the season was being called.  they don't get a say just lip service

7 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

I think i seen somewhere that hamilton can't sell ST's due to a concern over their finances, they never said that but others have guessed given their previous financials

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I think i seen somewhere that hamilton can't sell ST's due to a concern over their finances, they never said that but others have guessed given their previous financials

Hamilton will be OK. They just have to ask their Nigerian prince for their money back.

Hamilton and their plastic pitch will be no loss to Scottish football.

37 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

The way I'm reading this (and it's entirely possible I could be well wide) is that we've put our marker down and they know that we know...and we're watching and waiting.   What's done is done, we tried to get others on-board and succeeded to a point which has at least rattled the cage.   But I'd hope,and expect, this is far from the end.  We don't need to publicise that.

I'm not sure we have any other avenues within the game to explore and I'm not sure there are any legal avenues for us to explore either...but the likes of Hearts and Thistle might.  We can't do it on their behalf but I'm hoping behind the scenes we're offering our support if they do.   And obviously we couldn't and shouldn't go public on that until these clubs themselves do....but I do hope we're privately supporting Hearts .

Glass half-full loyal here!

Could be close ,we had a totally different fight to Hearts and Thistle ,we were highlighting governance and not passing on info that was significant to the members 

Maybe a deals been struck behind the scenes ,But if it has then Lieswell is still coming the cunt Publicly backing up that waste of skin Doncaster 

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

FoH issuing the sort of statement that Robertson should have used yesterday

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-supporter-shareholder-organsations-send-18361617

They're giving suggestions about how to bring in impartiality and proper governance.  We've tried that already and couldnt get clubs to agree to a funded independent investigation. Good luck to them, they'll need it.

Supporters groups wont be held to account and face charges of disrepute the way directors would. So maybe a fairer comparison would be to ask why C1872 haven't came out all guns blazing before now, and maintained a vocal public presence about issues similar to some of those raised by FoH.

39 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Dont think they had their last accounts audited. They could well be on a shoogly peg though seem to be talking about spending money on decontamination tents or something.

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

The way I'm reading this (and it's entirely possible I could be well wide) is that we've put our marker down and they know that we know...and we're watching and waiting.   What's done is done, we tried to get others on-board and succeeded to a point which has at least rattled the cage.   But I'd hope,and expect, this is far from the end.  We don't need to publicise that.

I'm not sure we have any other avenues within the game to explore and I'm not sure there are any legal avenues for us to explore either...but the likes of Hearts and Thistle might.  We can't do it on their behalf but I'm hoping behind the scenes we're offering our support if they do.   And obviously we couldn't and shouldn't go public on that until these clubs themselves do....but I do hope we're privately supporting Hearts .

Glass half-full loyal here!

C'mon mate, wake up. You're just reading into what you want to. Robertson has said we have left it at that and looking forward.

People are looking for hidden meanings. You're just going to be let down. 

Sooner we all accept this mob don't have a real fight in them, the better.

6 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

C'mon mate, wake up. You're just reading into what you want to. Robertson has said we have left it at that and looking forward.

People are looking for hidden meanings. You're just going to be let down. 

Sooner we all accept this mob don't have a real fight in them, the better.

You might be right...

...but there would be absolutely nothing to gain from continually bleating about it publicly.

There's no hidden meaning, all I've said pretty much is we're leaving that episode as that...and that's just repeating what Robertson said.  What he didn't say is we've given up on trying to find a way to improve the governance of the SPFL.  

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They're giving suggestions about how to bring in impartiality and proper governance.  We've tried that already and couldnt get clubs to agree to a funded independent investigation. Good luck to them, they'll need it.

Supporters groups wont be held to account and face charges of disrepute the way directors would. So maybe a fairer comparison would be to ask why C1872 haven't came out all guns blazing before now, and maintained a vocal public presence about issues similar to some of those raised by FoH.

You make very valid points.

We had a shot and could only get 30% support. But the more that others register their disgust the better.

I suspect that FoH have wealthy members willing to fund a legal case. I doubt if that is the case with Club 1872. Their funds come from people like me who are happy to donate a small amount each month. They could be more vocal though. I feel an email coming on and see what, if anything, they have to say.

They let it Peter out (lol) and ultimately died on the vine. 

Instead of waiting to release evidence of people doing things they shouldn't have been doing, the club should have sent it to the English media where there wasn't going to be a set narrative of "oh look Rangers are just bitter and sore losers". 

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

FoH issuing the sort of statement that Robertson should have used yesterday

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-supporter-shareholder-organsations-send-18361617

I believe our board were bought, maybe not money but some sweetner no doubts  . Not going  to change my thoughts on this <Not going to found wanting is now a distant memory>

The fact that the SPFL don't appear to be going after us tells me a lot

56 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I believe our board were bought, maybe not money but some sweetner no doubts  . Not going  to change my thoughts on this <Not going to found wanting is now a distant memory>

Never thought about that.

Then again did we try to build bridges to gave Lawwell troll us at first opportunity.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

I've no idea if you are right. You're probably not to be fair but I can see how you think that.

It makes more sense than just letting it lie - that's for sure.

It would make us no better than the other clubs with the wrongdoings we were trying (rather feebely) to highlight.

I think there's some truth in it tho - like we've accepted a proposal to move on in the best interests of the Scottish game etc etc ..... some mind numbing, dignified, bridge building pish. The habit of a lifetime with us.

2 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

I think I am more pissed off at the board letting Lawwell have his dig without reply.

Hence why we need a stronger chief exec than our current one. One that's a right dirty bastard and doesn't take any shit. Board needs sorted out all over anyway, everyone is in a interim position.

Why we all so sure that we’ve let it lie? Have a think, Doncaster’s reputation has only went one way since the vote. Plus it’s been confirmed that there was a deficit that he refused to advise of.

Once sky is confirmed as the sponsor for free its only going to take another battering. Surely this is the point to bring out the no confidence vote as a number of clubs must see he’s going from one car crash to another.

I’m hoping we’ve decided to sit back and give him enough rope.

19 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I've no idea if you are right. You're probably not to be fair but I can see how you think that.

It makes more sense than just letting it lie - that's for sure.

It would make us no better than the other clubs with the wrongdoings we were trying (rather feebely) to highlight.

I think there's some truth in it tho - like we've accepted a proposal to move on in the best interests of the Scottish game etc etc ..... some mind numbing, dignified, bridge building pish. The habit of a lifetime with us.

More or less what I was intimating 

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Why we all so sure that we’ve let it lie? Have a think, Doncaster’s reputation has only went one way since the vote. Plus it’s been confirmed that there was a deficit that he refused to advise of.

Once sky is confirmed as the sponsor for free its only going to take another battering. Surely this is the point to bring out the no confidence vote as a number of clubs must see he’s going from one car crash to another.

I’m hoping we’ve decided to sit back and give him enough rope.

Why wouldn't Robertson indicate we were still pursuing our options in his interview? Or perhaps he sees it as best let sleeping dogs lie.

32 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

Never thought about that.

Then again did we try to build bridges to gave Lawwell troll us at first opportunity.

Spfl are now out of the woods for me 

Prabably best time in our lifetimes to bring them own and it’s been a fail 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Why wouldn't Robertson indicate we were still pursuing our options in his interview? Or perhaps he sees it as best let sleeping dogs lie.

Why give them any indication of our next move? Better to strike when they’re not expecting it.

Another thing last time it was built up into a massive thing expecting a “smoking gun” probably lesson learned to keep quiet.

9 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Why give them any indication of our next move? Better to strike when they’re not expecting it.

Another thing last time it was built up into a massive thing expecting a “smoking gun” probably lesson learned to keep quiet.

I'll bet you any money you want mate there's no next move. 

Archived