SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

19 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Just cause we are not getting minute by minute updates does not mean things are not going on behind closed doors.

Do you honestly think we are hatching something behind the scenes? or is it just something you have convinced yourself of to make yourself feel better? I'm not meaning that as cheeky as it sounds, but there's a serious level of denial amongst some of us IMO.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Do you honestly think we are hatching something behind the scenes? or is it just something you have convinced yourself of to make yourself feel better? I'm not meaning that as cheeky as it sounds, but there's a serious level of denial amongst some of us IMO.

We could be waiting on another major fuck up by the SPFL or another club kicking up shit. We have caused a very unpleasent time for the SPFL by exposing their corupt ways, maybe we are waiting to see what bears fruit before we act or speak again. More than us will be talking about the SPFL's handling of thing over the last few weeks. We have pointed out the flaws of the SPFL, other clubs need to consider their positions going forward, when the SPFL don't have a finacial gun to their heads. We don't need to be releasing statements about every event that happens in Scottish football and we knew this was coming. We would look like bad losers moaning when we need to look calm  and controled.

4 minutes ago, ZZed said:

We could be waiting on another major fuck up by the SPFL or another club kicking up shit. We have caused a very unpleasent time for the SPFL by exposing their corupt ways, maybe we are waiting to see what bears fruit before we act or speak again. More than us will be talking about the SPFL's handling of thing over the last few weeks. We have pointed out the flaws of the SPFL, other clubs need to consider their positions going forward, when the SPFL don't have a finacial gun to their heads. We don't need to be releasing statements about every event that happens in Scottish football and we knew this was coming. We would look like bad losers moaning when we need to look calm  and controled.

I agree we don't need to release a statement every single time, but you need to do it co-ordinated. Our first one was quite strong and finished by saying we won't be found wanting, our last one said the status quo cannot maintain ... now we've had the season ended, celtic given a title they never won and it's been revealed there's no sponsor and they confirmed they are going to try and shoehorn this seasons Scottish Cup into next seasons fixtures somehow ... and there's silent at our end.

I don't think anyone's wanting a statement  on something daft like Chris Sutton's latest comments or some numpty needing addressed, but we've went silent after being defeated in our hunt which doesn't look good especially since we've options open to us.

Of course tomorrow is a new day and I can awake to a statement and a plan of action from Rangers, if so then great - but myself an so many others have had years now of statements from this shower and very little in the way of follow-up action on any of them. It's the habit of a lifetime, yet some folk think we are plotting behind the scenes? 

I think our arguments with the SPFL over the last few weeks are the opening salvo in a war that will take up to 5 or more years to eradicate septic influence. We knew septic were going to get the league but we have exposed the SPFL's twistings to give them it. Now we let the car crash of the Scottish Cup, and the sponsors, and the fuck up of league construction, and the mess that will be next season, hit the wall. Other clubs will get angry about the mess that the SPFL have presided over and when they are angry, Rangers can say "Lets do something about it". The clubs will not have the SPFL holding a financial gum to their head and will moan like stuck pigs about this shit show. Timing is everything.

20 minutes ago, ZZed said:

I think our arguments with the SPFL over the last few weeks are the opening salvo in a war that will take up to 5 or more years to eradicate septic influence. We knew septic were going to get the league but we have exposed the SPFL's twistings to give them it. Now we let the car crash of the Scottish Cup, and the sponsors, and the fuck up of league construction, and the mess that will be next season, hit the wall. Other clubs will get angry about the mess that the SPFL have presided over and when they are angry, Rangers can say "Lets do something about it". The clubs will not have the SPFL holding a financial gum to their head and will moan like stuck pigs about this shit show. Timing is everything.

Did we though? or did we just all of a sudden become conditioned to accept it when it became obvious the club weren't going to fight for it? because even though I don't like the guy, The Dude was getting slaughtered for suggesting it weeks ago when all this started and I've sat and watched the people bumping their gums about "no way/they can't do it/we'll fight it" either become silent or change their mindset as this has went on.

5 minutes ago, ZZed said:

5 years is a long time, especially when trying to get parity on the pitch. Everything is centralised around the SPFL/SFA. I f they keep on acting in a dubious way then there's a possibility of more titles being gifted. There's a lot of prize money involved that has been gifted to various clubs, I'm thinking Rangers will report these events to the FCA for investigation, which they should act on straight away. I still think there is something substantial in the whistle blowers evidence that the SPFL don't want uncovered.

The club need to get a fair playing field, investors could keep throwing money at building a team but with the best team money could buy, but if the refs, linesmen and compliance officers make 'mistakes' constantly we'll always be 2nd best. I agree about the Scottish cup, how can that be played after a decision to close down the league cup. It just makes the whole saga look dodgier.

I don't think Reconstruction will happen as the t.v company would have to be part of those sitting around the negotiations table. It's a new deal that's suppose to be starting 20/21 season for 5 years. I doubt the t.v company will want to have a new set up when they have agreed a figure already. I'm hoping other clubs do come forward. It's not to late to speak out if they feel that the SPFL have failed in their corporate governance. 

12 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Did we though? or did we just all of a sudden become conditioned to accept it when it became obvious the club weren't going to fight for it? because even though I don't like the guy, The Dude was getting slaughtered for suggesting it weeks ago when all this started and I've sat and watched the people bumping their gums about "no way/they can't do it/we'll fight it" either become silent or change their mindset as this has went on.

The silence could be due to the club having reported it to the prescribed body. If they have then it will be their case and the club won't be able to speak out about it for legal reasons.

Just now, Sweetheart said:

The silence could be due to the club having reported it to the prescribed body. If they have then it will be their case and the club won't be able to speak out about it for legal reasons.

Again, it comes down to your faith if you think we are still working hard behind the scenes plotting our next move.

For me that's a massive big could/maybe.

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Again, it comes down to your faith if you think we are still working hard behind the scenes plotting our next move.

For me that's a massive big could/maybe.

I still think the club are because change at the SPFL it vital for parity on the pitch. I just don't think we won't here about it. Unless fourladshadadream or Club1872 write a fan update.

7 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I still think the club are because change at the SPFL it vital for parity on the pitch. I just don't think we won't here about it. Unless fourladshadadream or Club1872 write a fan update.

Fair enough. 

I've not completely ruled it out, I just personally don't see it.

I'd love nothing more to wake upto something along the lines of we've got the ball rolling again.

31 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

5 years is a long time, especially when trying to get parity on the pitch. Everything is centralised around the SPFL/SFA. I f they keep on acting in a dubious way then there's a possibility of more titles being gifted. There's a lot of prize money involved that has been gifted to various clubs, I'm thinking Rangers will report these events to the FCA for investigation, which they should act on straight away. I still think there is something substantial in the whistle blowers evidence that the SPFL don't want uncovered.

The club need to get a fair playing field, investors could keep throwing money at building a team but with the best team money could buy, but if the refs, linesmen and compliance officers make 'mistakes' constantly we'll always be 2nd best. I agree about the Scottish cup, how can that be played after a decision to close down the league cup. It just makes the whole saga look dodgier.

I don't think Reconstruction will happen as the t.v company would have to be part of those sitting around the negotiations table. It's a new deal that's suppose to be starting 20/21 season for 5 years. I doubt the t.v company will want to have a new set up when they have agreed a figure already. I'm hoping other clubs do come forward. It's not to late to speak out if they feel that the SPFL have failed in their corporate governance. 

I think parity will happen before 5 years but to expunge all of the placemen will take a long time. I think the 3 stoogies will go with in the next 18 months to 2 years and then it is about getting rid of the rest in the back ground and making sure the replacements are unbiased people. We don't know what is going on in the background, what clubs are now alining with us because of the corupt SPFL/spetic and we don't know if Rangers have started the ball rolling on something else. We need to presure for unbias refs and that will be behind closed doors.

12 minutes ago, ZZed said:

I think parity will happen before 5 years but to expunge all of the placemen will take a long time. I think the 3 stoogies will go with in the next 18 months to 2 years and then it is about getting rid of the rest in the back ground and making sure the replacements are unbiased people. We don't know what is going on in the background, what clubs are now alining with us because of the corupt SPFL/spetic and we don't know if Rangers have started the ball rolling on something else. We need to presure for unbias refs and that will be behind closed doors.

I hoped that VAR could be installed before the start of the season to make it harder for refs and linesmen to cheat. I'm not a fan of VAR as it stands but if they made it that refs were answerable to 'their own compliance officer' then it would really deter them from cheating. I think in this day and age when access to on line betting and live betting is vast and easily abused, there needs to be more accountability for refs and linesmen in their decisions. Especially when they consistently make 'mistakes'.

6 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Just cause we are not getting minute by minute updates does not mean things are not going on behind closed doors.

It’s that kind of thing ,we have believed for over 9 years .I’m reading all this stuff about the board doing things quietly .I don’t believe it now .I just don’t 

Their silence is all about getting ST money in .And then there will be a carefully planned message put out later .Building bridges 

5 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I hoped that VAR could be installed before the start of the season to make it harder for refs and linesmen to cheat. I'm not a fan of VAR as it stands but if they made it that refs were answerable to 'their own compliance officer' then it would really deter them from cheating. I think in this day and age when access to on line betting and live betting is vast and easily abused, there needs to be more accountability for refs and linesmen in their decisions. Especially when they consistently make 'mistakes'.

I’ve changed my mind on VAR sweetheart.  I was of the opinion that football was exciting and frustrating In equal measures because of the human element to it. I’ve never ascribed to refs being bias, cheats or controlled by a church or haters.

I’ve just thought the standard of our referees is just really poor which for this reason alone I’d have VAR in in a heartbeat.  With a proviso that the ref with the most VAR incidents a season has to retrain and ref in the lowers for a season.  

13 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There are rules in place for final payments to be linked to final positions. I believe some advances could be made that the spfl kept quiet on, but not the final tranche, ie 7m or so being allocated now. A new resolution could easily have overruled the rule in place to allow monies to be paid per current positions with a small amount kept back for variances if games resumed and final positions changed.

Since the SPFL is the clubs as they keep telling us why are the board always threatening clubs about allocation of their own money ,technically the board are just there to make sure the league is run properly and to do the best for all the clubs ,Making sure a club gets their rightful share to stay in business should never mean that there needs a rapid rule change in a situation that is affecting all members 

Unless of course their is an ulterior motive 

1 hour ago, Brackley said:

We can't finish the league............. quick , award it to the scum.

Oh by the way Nicky darling we want your permission to restart training in three weeks.

Only in Scotland. 

It utterly stinks. 

11 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

It utterly stinks. 

There may be a valid argument 

But because there is so much distrust with the current regime everything they Do until they are moved on will be treated like this 

They had the opportunity to be fully investigated and if they were found to be doing the right thing then we could possibly have moved on 

No matter what they decide we will never trust them and it’s only going to get worse 

The whole lot needs cleansed ,ripped up and started again ,

34 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

But because there is so much distrust with the current regime everything they Do until they are moved on will be treated like this 

They had the opportunity to be fully investigated and if they were found to be doing the right thing then we could possibly have moved on 

No matter what they decide we will never trust them and it’s only going to get worse 

get it there. spot on

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

All very valid, but I doubt they give a fuck in what we trust.

Yes they need cleansed, but as I've said, no chance of that whilst Liewell still breathes. 

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

All very valid, but I doubt they give a fuck in what we trust.

Yes they need cleansed, but as I've said, no chance of that whilst Liewell still breathes. 

There won’t just be us now that has no trust  in them ,13 clubs voted for an investigation ,now maybe 1 or 2 voted with a belief in the SPFL and wanted the them a chance to clear themselves but there will be clubs that voted against an II through fear of repercussions 

The SPFL to ask the government if players can go back to training in June with a view to starting the season behind closed doors in August. Yet it was deemed impossible to finish the season.

Lower leagues to be placed in cold storage until January (Daily Mail).

You just couldn't make it up.

They can play 80 games of the new seasons Betfred cup in July but can't play the remaining 49 games left in the old season in July.

What's more important? Finishing a league or playing a diddy tournament that has no European placings?

How much money did celtic gain with Champions League entry and being awarded the title?

And now wee nippy is all about playing sports again.

Corruption doesn't even begin to describe it.

Hope the club are working behind the scenes. The bigger picture is still getting rid of Doncaster, McLennan and McKenzie.

Also we really need VAR as we’ll be getting fuck all from refs next year. 

Archived