MyGers

CR3

58 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

All clubs that have stated a position to date have offered a refund - haven't seen one that hasn't as yet (unless you include us)

Hearts confirm season ticket refund policy after fans request cash back following season shutdown

Other clubs had offered their fans refunds but offered incentives not to claim them

BY ROSS PILCHER

13:44, 28 MAY 2020

Tynecastle Park

Hearts have confirmed that supporters will not receive a refund on their season tickets after theScottish Premiership season was ended early.

The coronavirus pandemic meant the league was called after just 30 matches with the Jambos bottom of the table.

Three or four matches were still due to be played at Tynecastle, depending on how the post-split fixtures were worked out.

Fans of various clubs have enquired as to whether refunds would be offered, with city rivals Hibs offering to do so but asking if supporters would consider not claiming back the cash with other incentives being offered instead.

Hearts hadn’t publicly confirmed their policy, but have started replying to supporters individually, saying that they were not in a position to do so given the “significant” financial impact that would have.

They have however, offered existing season ticket holders a 10% discount off next season's and have guaranteed 18 home matches.

“The complete shutdown of Scottish football and related revenue streams unfortunately means we are not able to offer refunds to season ticket holders for outstanding fixtures,” said a reply to one fan. “The financial impact on the club would be significant.

“The overwhelming feedback we have had from supporter sis that they understand the challenges that we face and that nay sort of refund would not be expected. This no refund policy is in line with the club’s season ticket terms and conditions.

“We don’t under estimate the impact the pandemic will be having on many and assure you that if we were in a position to do so, we would offer a refund option”

When a second email was sent requesting the club reconsider, the following reply was issued: “We acknowledge your reply and feedback but confirm the club will not be reconsidering it’s position due to the reasons outlined in our original response.

“As per per the season ticket terms and conditions, season tickets are non-refundable after they have been purchased regardless of how many matches have been played in a season.

“No discount or refund will be offered for any matches that have taken place which you missed, or that you could not attend, under any circumstances.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Louden_Greg said:

we held a great number of them. 

tbe majority has a mix of ST holders, European travellers and RSC members. A number has non-ST holders. 

we also held ones with different focuses for instance on over in NI to take into account their specific experiences.  A few for only those involved in Running RSCs. We planned to do more of those but the current situation prevented that 

each time we put the info on the club website. Generally we had 3/4 times the volunteers vs numbers available to attend. 

and this is the best you could come up with - a complete and utter shambles

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

I can phone any other company in the UK when they’re working from home but can’t phone one that wants £500 off me during the middle of this global pandemic? Lol. 

You trying to say the club couldn’t provide a £20 phone line for people working from home? 

I know from my own work mate setting people up to answer calls at home isn't difficult at all

A lot of people missing a huge point here.

We have players getting paid VAST wages. Not one would have encountered hardship on £2,500 per month if they were furloughed.

I am self employed. I have had zero income since mid March. I qualify for zero assistance under legislation.

But - I am getting fuck all refund from Rangers for cancelled games, and I am now expected to pay my next season ticket before end of June when fully attended games are unlikely to happen until the autumn at the very earliest and possibly much later in the year.

On top of that, I'm now expected to pay a fee to go into the same away ticket ballot that I have been in for umpteen years.

Or am I missing something?

1 minute ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

A lot of people missing a huge point here.

We have players getting paid VAST wages. Not one would have encountered hardship on £2,500 per month if they were furloughed.

I am self employed. I have had zero income since mid March. I qualify for zero assistance under legislation.

But - I am getting fuck all refund from Rangers for cancelled games, and I am now expected to pay my next season ticket before end of June when fully attended games are unlikely to happen until the autumn at the very earliest and possibly much later in the year.

On top of that, I'm now expected to pay a fee to go into the same away ticket ballot that I have been in for umpteen years.

Or am I missing something?

No mate your bang on 

6 hours ago, Louden_Greg said:

I’ve got some non-Rangers running about to do today. I’ll try and pop back on later but if a genuine question that I can help with you are probably best to direct message my Twitter account as I try and get through all of them. 

When can I get into the directors box with the tickets I won at ORSA 😎😎😎

Any supporter wanting a partial refund for the missed games is laughable - and it's actually embarrassing those would want to put Rangers under that pressure of paying back a few million. 

I said earlier even £50 back to every ST holder would be around 2.3m. Some are wanting £150 back.

Times are hard for every person, company, club. The ST money was paid for anyways - why go running back looking for a few notes. Every other Summer you would have the same budget for supporting Rangers. This season ended early but it doesnt mean you gave away more money than usual.

Would you rather take back £150, and times that by 46,000 or leave it as it is and allow Rangers to spend it wisely on new signings/upgrading the stadium/ Edmiston House etc.

Just now, MorelosRangers said:

Any supporter wanting a partial refund for the missed games is laughable - and it's actually embarrassing those would want to put Rangers under that pressure of paying back a few million. 

I said earlier even £50 back to every ST holder would be around 2.3m. Some are wanting £150 back.

Times are hard for every person, company, club. The ST money was paid for anyways - why go running back looking for a few notes. Every other Summer you would have the same budget for supporting Rangers. This season ended early but it doesnt mean you gave away more money than usual.

Would you rather take back £150, and times that by 46,000 or leave it as it is and allow Rangers to spend it wisely on new signings/upgrading the stadium/ Edmiston House etc.

Shut the fuck up :) 

16 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

You don’t know what individual bears circumstances are. There’s guys I know that double up on shifts and stay in just to afford to get to games.  

You are being disingenuous to folks that also may welcome any kind of windfall.  

You kinda embarrassed yourself there pal.  

You don’t put enough in to back up any of your what’s what rants regarding MYGers and accusing people of being embarrassing, not a dig just fact, everybody’s finances are different but you’ve no scope to comment like I’ve no right to tell a hospitality season ticket holders that aren’t pleased with their new set up what’s what as they put £££ more in than me 

53 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

£50 into mygers to go on the waiting list and telling people who have forked out literally thousands year in year out that they’re an embarrassment for wanting a refund 

Shameless 🤣

Club should have gave the option and I’m confident that the majority would refuse a refund for the reasons you mention. Those that took the option up would be well within their rights ffs Me personally I’m skint but I’ll get by without a refund.

Bit in bold is simply not true, this season thousands are struggling on lower wages or in some cases no wage at all.  Wind yer neck in pal. 

43 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

You don’t know what individual bears circumstances are. There’s guys I know that double up on shifts and stay in just to afford to get to games.  

You are being disingenuous to folks that also may welcome any kind of windfall.  

You kinda embarrassed yourself there pal.  

I understand that there are bears through and through who will put Rangers before anything. Spot on.

But my point still stands that they wont be aby worse off financially because the season ended early. They havent be charged extra. If anything they will be saving money from travelling/pints and the rest. 

43 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

You don’t put enough in to back up any of your what’s what rants regarding MYGers and accusing people of being embarrassing, not a dig just fact, everybody’s finances are different but you’ve no scope to comment like I’ve no right to tell a hospitality season ticket holders that aren’t pleased with their new set up what’s what as they put £££ more in than me 

You've no idea what money i put into Rangers every season. So your point is invalid Sir.

Do some ST Holders really want Rangers paying back millions? 

2 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

I understand that there are bears through and through who will put Rangers before anything. Spot on.

But my point still stands that they wont be aby worse off financially because the season ended early. They havent be charged extra. If anything they will be saving money from travelling/pints and the rest. 

They might be with the fact a global pandemic has closed down most workplaces and some are on reduced income.

Wise up fuck sake.

19 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

£50 into mygers to go on the waiting list and telling people who have forked out literally thousands year in year out that they’re an embarrassment for wanting a refund 

Shameless 🤣

Club should have gave the option and I’m confident that the majority would refuse a refund for the reasons you mention. Those that took the option up would be well within their rights ffs Me personally I’m skint but I’ll get by without a refund.

Bit in bold is simply not true, this season thousands are struggling on lower wages or in some cases no wage at all.  Wind yer neck in pal. 

Season ends normally - £500 ST is paid for

Season ends early - £500 ST is paid for

£0 difference 

Those who want money back would hamper Rangers from progressing. 

6 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

You've no idea what money i put into Rangers every season. So your point is invalid Sir.

Do some ST Holders really want Rangers paying back millions? 

You said on this thread 👍🏻

3 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

They might be with the fact a global pandemic has closed down most workplaces and some are on reduced income.

Wise up fuck sake.

If there wasn't a global pandemic and it was just our season ending early (for some other reason) then you'd still have some of the faces wanting a refund. Maybe not them all, but some would 100%.

19 hours ago, MorelosRangers said:

Season ends normally - £500 ST is paid for

Season ends early - £500 ST is paid for

£0 difference 

Those who want money back would hamper Rangers from progressing. 

People are worse of financially because wages have been cut and jobs have been temporarily and permanently lost due to coronavirus, people affected might have needed the refund to put towards their ST payment for next season to make things a bit easier or maybe in some cases to put food on the table. 

Not sure why you can’t understand  this. 

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

People are worse of financially because wages have been cunt and jobs have been temporarily and permanently lost due to coronavirus, people affected might have needed the refund to put towards their ST payment for next season to make things a bit easier or maybe in some cases to put food on the table. 

Because he's a sped. 

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

People are worse of financially because wages have been cunt and jobs have been temporarily and permanently lost due to coronavirus, people affected might have needed the refund to put towards their ST payment for next season to make things a bit easier or maybe in some cases to put food on the table. 

I get the situation but i don't agree that the money should be coming from Rangers. We aren't exactly full of cash and by demanding a refund, we would lessen our chances of giving it a go next season in terms of new players coming in/wages.

People need to see that. I'm sure there are other ways of gathering £150. It's not as if we're talking 5 grand. If it were for 300 people then fair enough but not a ST x 46000 payback.

Not from Rangers IMO.

The solution for those financially hit needs to be elsewhere.

If there wasn't a global pandemic and it was just our season ending early (for some other reason) then you'd still have some of the faces wanting a refund. Maybe not them all, but some would 100%.

Prove it.

Archived