Official Rangers vs St Mirren Match Thread

14 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If St Mirren are camped in their box, and we're moving and recycling the ball around the edge of their box then where are our 3 CHs when watching this?

Generally what happens when you're playing with midfielders who are too negative. 

The amount of times the above happened last season was soul destroying, if it carries on into this term it'll be curtains before too long again. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

If you haven't got RTV to watch it on you obviously haven't gave the club any money and don't deserve to see it 

I get it on my ST but was asking for a St Mirren fan who I already directed to RTV 😂

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

A win is a win but sooner or later we are going to have to start slaughtering teams if we want to send the message of a title challenge.

Haven't done it often enough, Hibs and Aberdeen last season then Motherwell the year before are the only games that come to mind. 

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Haven't done it often enough, Hibs and Aberdeen last season then Motherwell the year before are the only games that come to mind. 

Exactly. Humping teams 5/6 nil week in week out is what we should be doing. Getting an early goal then going for the jugular. Do that 3 times in a row then the 4th team will be shitting themselves before the whistle has blow. Winning 1 or 2 nil doesn't give any team fear in this league.

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

A win is a win but sooner or later we are going to have to start slaughtering teams if we want to send the message of a title challenge.

Worry about that in may mate were 2games in. Give me 33/34 1/2nil wins and we won't be far away

Just win the games

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Worry about that in may mate were 2games in. Give me 33/34 1/2nil wins and we won't be far away

Just win the games

Past 2 seasons have shown no one fears us. Teams know they can pick up a point or more if they camp in 10 mean behind the ball. That's what grabbing 1 or 2 nil wins does. We wont ever win the league by trying to do what you said. Teams up here only know fear when we start destroying them. Teams fearing us is what will win us the league.

I am looking for us to get forward far quicker. Pass through teams. Width. Deliveries and someone on the end of them. Not Buff until his future is settled.

One thing about Them is they do all of the above much better than us at times.

Goldson is so pedantic in possession I end up shouting amy head off !!! He is a good defender though.

A win. Any win will do though.

Just noticed the tarriers are playing after us.

Chance to put a bit of pressure on them early doors by getting a result although thought that at the beginning of the year as well. 😳

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Past 2 seasons have shown no one fears us. Teams know they can pick up a point or more if they camp in 10 mean behind the ball. That's what grabbing 1 or 2 nil wins does. We wont ever win the league by trying to do what you said. Teams up here only know fear when we start destroying them. Teams fearing us is what will win us the league.

I don't care about that show constancy I winning football matches and its game on! When did it last come down to goal difference? The 6-1 game under eck.

If we loose this league on goal difference then we've been incredibly unlucky

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I don't care about that show constancy I winning football matches and its game on! When did it last come down to goal difference? The 6-1 game under eck.

If we loose this league on goal difference then we've been incredibly unlucky

I don't care about goal difference. I care what teams think of us before they play us. The reason teams sit back with a low block and hit us on the counter is because they know its effective against us. Pump a few of them teams 6 nil who do that and we send a message that it doesn't work anymore. All about a pure winning mentality and drive.

Archived