Official Rangers vs St Mirren Match Thread

20 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Exactly. Humping teams 5/6 nil week in week out is what we should be doing. Getting an early goal then going for the jugular. Do that 3 times in a row then the 4th team will be shitting themselves before the whistle has blow. Winning 1 or 2 nil doesn't give any team fear in this league.

I thought we were good in the first half at Pittodrie then sat off them in the second, very frustrating to watch at times. 

Relentless was Gerrards favourite buzzword to use when he first came in, haven't seen enough of it unfortunately. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I thought we were good in the first half at Pittodrie then sat off them in the second, very frustrating to watch at times. 

Relentless was Gerrards favourite buzzword to use when he first came in, haven't seen enough of it unfortunately. 

Want us to be ruthless domestically. And all the team chipping in with goals too. Not just relying on the front 3.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Want us to be ruthless domestically. And all the team chipping in with goals too. Not just relying on the front 3.

Hoping there's at least 2 quality midfielders still to come in, if it's the usual 2 or 3 cardboard cutouts in the middle again we'll win fuck all, again. 

Itten & Roofe from the start - keep Morelos away from the team - 

But this will not happen, as I think the club want him out there and hopefully he will start scoring goals to get his price tag up !!!!

As right now, not scoring  goals and putting the weight on- doesn't look good for any potential buyers....

Wouldn't be surprised if his price has went down to 10 million.

10 minutes ago, Blue Viking said:

But this will not happen, as I think the club want him out there and hopefully he will start scoring goals to get his price tag up !!!!

As right now, not scoring  goals and putting the weight on- doesn't look good for any potential buyers....

How wildly do you think players’ transfer values change? :lol: 

17 minutes ago, Blue Viking said:

Itten I think will start. He's fully match fit. 

Roofe I think will be gradually brought into the team as he's coming back from injury. 

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

I don't care about goal difference. I care what teams think of us before they play us. The reason teams sit back with a low block and hit us on the counter is because they know its effective against us. Pump a few of them teams 6 nil who do that and we send a message that it doesn't work anymore. All about a pure winning mentality and drive.

See that's interesting cause I think them sitting in is showing us respect. We'd demolish anytime that tried to play any other way..What annoys me is I these games we make it hard for ourselves by conceding stupid avoidable goals. Or the tempo of our game is far to slow.

Call it arrogant or whatever but at Ibrox the first 20mins v most teams we should be putting games to bed. 

59 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

How wildly do you think players’ transfer values change? :lol: 

Probably not at all if Lille want him, but to be honest, I don’t think Alfredo Is impressing anyone lately.

I’m going to go against the flow and suggest that Alfie will start if he is still here. That will allow Itten to see what he is up against for 60 mins, then bring him on.

The anti Alfie sentiment on here is a bit weird. He had a poor game, but refusing to play him isn’t going to do him or us any good at all.

After what on hindsight was an extremely  useful  exercise  against  Leverkusen  which  clearly highlighted our  weaknesses  in the team going forward it's time to move on and get down business.

Surely got to drop Buff  , probably be for Itten dunno if we can afford to go all out and start Roofe as well what with Defoe injured as well as Buff seemingly ... well let's just say distracted 

27 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I’m going to go against the flow and suggest that Alfie will start if he is still here. That will allow Itten to see what he is up against for 60 mins, then bring him on.

The anti Alfie sentiment on here is a bit weird. He had a poor game, but refusing to play him isn’t going to do him or us any good at all.

Going by Gerrards comments last night Morelos is finished. He will look daft now if he ends up playing him on Sunday. 

Really looking forward to this game tbh, Excited to see what Roofe and Itten will bring. 

Most excited I’ve been for a game in a while. 

Looking forward to seeing the new boys.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic

Jack Kamara Aribo

Hagi Itten Kent 

Get Roofe in after 60 mins for either Jack or Kamara, and drop Hagi in one.

Cedric Itten in line to make his Rangers debut v St Mirren on Sunday but Kemar Roofe unlikely to feature

Steven Gerrard tells PA:  "The game might come too soon for Kemar. He still needs a bit of conditioning. He's still a 7/10 days behind the squad in terms of general fitness"

5D7E3E78-FA51-4363-82F7-49721A41B8C7.gif

Archived