Official Rangers vs St Mirren Match Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/08/2020 at 21:41, southcoastbear said:

Did we no just get rid of one that's getting rave reviews off his new team mates 

On 07/08/2020 at 21:41, southcoastbear said:

Did we no just get rid of one that's getting rave reviews off his new team mates 

Despite not having been in the match day squads?

We should be letting 5 of our attacking players do exactly that at Ibrox against just about every team in the league. Continues to baffle me that we’d rather recycle possession than just get the ball into the opposition third as quickly as possible. Our attacking threat will blow anyone away on its day. It’s getting the ball to them quicker that’s the issue. Hope to see it tomorrow but doubt it

9 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I thought he was used to a two up top formation too mate. Has he played loan striker as well?

He did play in a 2 for a lot of the season but he also played a large chunk of it as an AM as well. Also started and scored goals as the lone striker in a 4-3-3 last season as well so it certainly won't be a massive adjustment change. I personally think he'll rotate the tactics as the season goes on. There's no need for 1 up front and 2 sitting in at home to, say, Hamilton ffs. 

9 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

It literally said in his report that last season he benefitted from a partner up front with him im sure

He did but it won't be a massive change for him cause' he has played up front in a 4-3-3 and scored goals in it last season. He'll be fine. 

46 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Wonder the odds of Hagi dropping into the midfield 3 and Jack or Kamara being benched in the ‘easy’ games? 

I’m hoping we see that today, the thought of Davis starting is giving me the fear and Kamara not much better 

55 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Wonder the odds of Hagi dropping into the midfield 3 and Jack or Kamara being benched in the ‘easy’ games? 

0% chance mate. 

Moving forward would like to see 

Jack Aribo 

Roofe Hagi Kent 

Itten

That team would tear folk to shreds.

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Anyone know refs for today’s games 

Think we have Dallas or someone else that doesn’t get the big games 

Killie away for scum .So I’m assuming they will have their cover bet .Clancy or Walsh is my bet here 

Its Dallas.

35 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Hopefully rack up a few goals here, these games should be a formality not a chore.

Need to win and get the goal difference up in case the league gets called over Covid although I’m fairly sure that, if we DID get our noses in front, such a decision would be delayed until the scum got back on top.

9 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Need to win and get the goal difference up in case the league gets called over Covid although I’m fairly sure that, if we DID get our noses in front, such a decision would be delayed until the scum got back on top.

Correct the more they stay top though goal difference the quicker this government and spfl cabal will pull the plug if they get half a chance.

Archived