The everyone who wants McGregor thread

Ibroxin83

According to todays SundayMail

SPURS could be scared off by the £10million asking price for Rangers keeper Allan McGregor.

MailSport understands the Londoners are only willing to pay half that figure and want to whittle the fee down.

Tottenham are in the hunt for a goalie with Paul Robinson on the verge of a move to Premiership side Middlesbrough.

The England internationalist is set to switch to the Riverside for £4m and Spurs boss Juande Ramos doesn't want to shell out much more on a replacement.

Robinson's back-up Radek Cerny has also left for QPR so the Spanish coach must find two keepers for next season.

McGregor is contracted to Gers until September 2010 but Spurs are big admirers of the 26-year-old. And that could see a tug of war over the transfer fee similar to the one between the clubs for defender Alan Hutton in January.

Spurs kicked off with bids around £6m before finally landing him for £9m.

£5,000,000 they can fuck of at that price

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they want to punt Robinson for £4 million, but they reckon McGregor's worth only a million more? Despite being twice as consistant? Reckon we should learn from the Hutton mistake and keep McShagger on for another year, another good year from him and we should be able to pick up a better fee if it's decided we have to sell him.

Of course when the bid's accepted it'll be down to the player anyway.

Why don't we look at it a bit more positively, if it's true our demand is £10 million then maybe SDM and co are listening and not willing to sell our players on the cheap, would be good if that figure was stuck to, but if both parties met half way for a fee between 7 and 8 million then I can see him being sold.

they'd have to double the 5,000,000 for me to even consider it, and at 10,000,000 id still have to think about it

If McGregor or Hutton for that matter had went to Hearts or Aberdeen for 200k two seasons ago nobody would have batted an eyelid,they were squad players, no more, that just emphasises the fickleness of the Rangers fan, i include myself in that bunch.

£5m :harhar: Was outstanding for us all season both domestically and in europe and he can still improve. I wouldnt sell him for less than £10m. If they dont want to pay that then they wont get him( well they wouldnt if i was in charge but we know what murrays like)

If McGregor or Hutton for that matter had went to Hearts or Aberdeen for 200k two seasons ago nobody would have batted an eyelid,they were squad players, no more, that just emphasises the fickleness of the Rangers fan, i include myself in that bunch.

They never though.

They developed at Rangers and turned into quality players who command a sizeable transfer fee. Tottenham didnt want Hutton cause he was a poor player and they certainly dont want McGregor cause he is a worse goalkeeper than what they currently have.

If Tottenham want him, they have to start being realistic.

NEWCASTLE UNITED are ready to launch a £6million move for Rangers keeper Allan McGregor.

The Tyneside club are having a summer purge on their high earners and fringe players to fund new arrivals and mount a fresh challenge in Kevin Keegan's first full season in charge.

Irish keeper Shay Given - who earns £45,000-a-week - is set to leave, with Arsenal and other Premiership sides interested. And sources at St James' Park said today that McGregor has been indentified as the keeper they want to replace Given.

While Keegan is first-team manager without any interference on team selection, chairman Mike Ashely has instructed director of football Dennis Wise and vice-president Tony Jimenez to conduct all transfer dealings - and McGregor is said to be a major target.

advertisement

The 26-year-old Gers star - who was outstanding last season until an ankle injury in mid-April ended his campaign - is also being chased by Spurs.

They were alerted to him as they tracked Alan Hutton last season, and boss Juande Ramos is interested as he looks to bring in two new keepers.

SportTimes understands McGregor would consider following his close friend Hutton down south.

He signed a new long-term £12,000-a-week deal a year ago, but is well aware big clubs are looking at him.

And, after a string of off-the-field press headlines over the past three months, he would look at leaving if the deal is right for all parties.

Rangers are looking for big money and would be likely to reject the £6m mentioned on Tyneside.

But if Newcastle or Spurs were to come in with more than that, they would be almost certain to do business.

Neil Alexander was bought in January and has proved an able deputy, but selling McGregor for big bucks would strengthen boss Walter Smith's hand in the transfer market.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...2333369.0.0.php