Rangers Fans

Is it just me, but I hate that, Gers fans who are scottish and sing the England National Anthem because they are "British"

No, they sing the British national anthem because they are British.

O Flower of Scotland :rangers:

check your facts FOS is not the Scottish national anthem :unionflag:

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, but I hate that, Gers fans who are scottish and sing the England National Anthem because they are "British"

You mean the British National Anthem...

What would you rather we sung, flower of scotland! doh

Yeah i would actually

Why? You would be as well singing you canny shove yer granny off a bus!

No, they sing the British national anthem because they are British.

O Flower of Scotland :rangers:

check your facts FOS is not the Scottish national anthem :unionflag:

who said it was :craphead:

The fans, players (overall) and media are so arrogant and pompous that I enjoy watching them crash and burn.

My grandpa was English, but I'll never ever ever support them.

I'm not biased. I don't care who beats England.

I can't stand them. I lived there for 12 years and still can't support them in anything.

To me it is there expectance to win. They never think about qualifying for tournaments then geting past the rounds. As soon as they are in it they are going to win it. Which is strange because the the only time they won anything was in 66 and that was due to a dodgy Russian linesman who still hadn't fogotten the war. :craphead::craphead::craphead:

I never have and I never will, give England my support

The English national team and the players dont create that expectance!! Its the media...

I hate people (mostly Scots) who say they cant stand england because they are arrogant its the media that are arrogant not the player!!

It's the people as well mate.

And hate is a strong word. I don't hate anybody. I may have a dislike for people, but not a hatred.

Nice to see England out for me, good to just concentrate Football for me this summer and not silly hysteria.

I actually like to see England do well but not too well, they're a good team but just heavily over-rated.

So you like the team but not the media...

Its not the players fault that the media and commentary team spout shite all the time! My freinds and family who are english hate listening to them ramble on...

The draw 0-0 with Isreal but the pundit say they will have no bother beating Croatia and Russia...how can they say that when they couldnt beat Israel!

Not fair to tar England because of a few people actions towards them!!

I never mentioned the media but well I suppose its them I'm talking about. There are world class england players but not everyone that gets picked IMO!

For example, I'd kinda like England do do well in a tournament but not win it as they're a good football team but them going all the way means we have to suffer through programs of 'Rio does the washing like this, this is the World Cup Winner way'.

I suppose thats a reason to dislike the media again more than anything mate!

Im a Chelsea fan and think JT, FL, Ashley and joe cole are class players and i want to see them do well but the way the media act does my head in...

Yesterday after the Portugal game they were showing Pepes goal and the first thing they said was, "Why cant England do that"

What the fuck does Pepe and Portugal have to with England who arent even in the competition! Really does my head in!

But its not fair to class england as cunts because of the few media pundits that act like that!

I can't stand them. I lived there for 12 years and still can't support them in anything.

To me it is there expectance to win. They never think about qualifying for tournaments then geting past the rounds. As soon as they are in it they are going to win it. Which is strange because the the only time they won anything was in 66 and that was due to a dodgy Russian linesman who still hadn't fogotten the war. :craphead::craphead::craphead:

The English national team and the players dont create that expectance!! Its the media...

I hate people (mostly Scots) who say they cant stand england because they are arrogant its the media that are arrogant not the player!!

And hate is a strong word. I don't hate anybody. I may have a dislike for people, but not a hatred.

I have to disagree mate, i stayed in England for a while and have a lot of Family and freinds who are English and they cringe when they hear some of the pundit go on the way they do!!

England could be awful and scrape through qualification but they would be favorites to win...not the fans or players fault!!

Personally I support the Rangers first and then Scotland. I love to watch all football matches and look at the results for International Rangers players but I dont support any other team or country. What I find totally mixed up is the amount of Scottish Die hards that support English based teams like Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea etc and English players (Rooney, Gerrad, Terry, Lampard) but when England play they fucking hate them players!! In my book there as bad as any Scootish Rangers fan that supports England there fucking Glory Hunters!!! I dont hate England but i dont support them either!!!

Nice to see England out for me, good to just concentrate Football for me this summer and not silly hysteria.

I actually like to see England do well but not too well, they're a good team but just heavily over-rated.

Its not the players fault that the media and commentary team spout shite all the time! My freinds and family who are english hate listening to them ramble on...

The draw 0-0 with Isreal but the pundit say they will have no bother beating Croatia and Russia...how can they say that when they couldnt beat Israel!

I never mentioned the media but well I suppose its them I'm talking about. There are world class england players but not everyone that gets picked IMO!

For example, I'd kinda like England do do well in a tournament but not win it as they're a good football team but them going all the way means we have to suffer through programs of 'Rio does the washing like this, this is the World Cup Winner way'.

World Class, are they?

World Class, are they?

John Terry, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard, Stevie Gerrard, Wayne Rooney...all defo World Class!!!

I support Scotland - always have and always will. I'm not anti-English or anything but cannot stand the English National team. John Motson is responsible for this. He talks them up as if they are world beaters and have a great team but they quite clearly don't. They have some talented individuals but can't play as a team.

Scotland don't play with any great flair but on our day I think we can beat anyone. We are never expected to succeed but right now we have a good squad and some talented players coming through and I feel confident that we will progress in the World Cup Qualifiers. Really chuffed that Barry is the Scotland skipper - even some Celtic fans I knew were singing "Oh Barry Barry" when he equalised against the Tallies.

But its not fair to class england as cunts because of the few media pundits that act like that!

Its not just the media, I class liking England at the same level I like Spain or Switzerland. I like Holland and Italy, especially Italy, much more.

Its not a british thing with me, just football. See my small sig-bar above Rino ;)

I have to disagree mate, i stayed in England for a while and have a lot of Family and freinds who are English and they cringe when they hear some of the pundit go on the way they do!!

England could be awful and scrape through qualification but they would be favorites to win...not the fans or players fault!!

You're allowed to disagree mate.

It may well be where we lived.

Where I lived in England (Buckinghamshire) the pubs were full of England going to win EURO 2004....Were going to win the WC.

Maybe it is a generalisation on what I viewed from my time in England, but I can't form an opinion on tihngs I didn't see.

One thing I will grant is that all my friends just couldn't stand John Motson and thought he was a total cunt. Something I agree with.

You are right about the media though. Last night during the Portugal, Turkey game, they even managed to fit in that Lewis Hamilton was top of the formula 1. The fuck has that to do with EURO 2008.

Listening to English pundits, you'd think they are the best team in Euro 2008....:rolleyes:

I know mate it does my head in!

I really fukin hate them...

They were talking last night about how Pepe and Carvalho run with the ball out of defense and how no-one in the England team could do it. Then they sat for a good 5mins discussing that Ferdinand could play that role!

Does my head in!

I don't support the England National team simply because they are our rivals. I have no qualms with the English people or the footballers themselves and absolutely detest the narrow-minded xenophobes among the Tartan Army who claim to hate everything English. If only they could see the utter madness behind such a ridiculous belief.

I also quite like seeing England lose due to the comical reaction of the English pundits who make some of the most absurd comments after any defeat. They find a scapegoat and murder him in the press, whether that be the manager or captain. As an outsider it is verry amusing.

I don't go out my way to support England but i don't mind them......i'm not a bigot who hates someone for their nationality.

I'm Scottish and support Scotland but i like to see Northern Ireland ,England and the Welsh do well but not as well as us.

World Class, are they?

John Terry, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard, Stevie Gerrard, Wayne Rooney...all defo World Class!!!

You might find the real cream of the crop dont play in England

I know someone will come on and preach, but I am totally anti England.

I don't mind their players when they're at club level, but as soon as they pull on the three lions all I want is for them to get beat badly every game.

I was SO FUCKING HAPPY when Croatia done them :D

I don't mind their players when they're at club level, but as soon as they pull on the three lions all I want is for them to get beat badly every game.

No preaching here mate. I'm with you every step of the way

me too papa, I think I did a good share of rubbing noses in the fact for a good few months after!!

Is it just me, but I hate that, Gers fans who are scottish and suport England just because they are "British"

Why would I not support England? Despite what some people may think being pro-Scottish doesn’t mean being anti-English :unionflag: