Rangers Fans

I disagree with you on three accounts.

*Many Rangers fans do support England and are mature enough to ignore the outdated ramblings of the Tartan Army

*You must be off your head to want Scotland to win before Rangers in an Auld Enemy/Old Firm trade-off.However,I respect that it is a personal preference.I'm not saying your'e wrong but I feel like a different species to anyone who puts country before club in any circumstance.

*I don't see what's funny about being good at swimming or Polo.I don't watch those sports but I can imagine that they must involve a lot of skill and dedication.And it sounds like jealousy on your behalf that you will only support England in those scenarios.

That's my take on it anyway.

*My post clearly stated that there is not a large proportion of Rangers fans who support England and I think this topic has proved this. I personally hate Rangers fans supporting England, but fair enough that might be based on my up bringing.

*Why must I be off my head to prefer Scotland beating England, in the context I stated. Scotland play England once every ten years or so now adays while the old firm play at least 4 times a season. I hate getting beat off them, but it happens and you can get over it within 3 months when we beat them. If we lose to England we wont have a chance to take revenge for years.

*Surely you see how being good at sychronised swimming is funny.

Although I agree with you, and in my experience, Rangers fans are by far the largest group in the Tartan Army....the Drum Bashin Billy Britains just won't understand your point of view. To them, wanting England to get beat at sporting events makes you a traitor to the glorious British Empire and the only way you can make ammends is to pop down to the "Crown & Country" pub and have a jolly good kness up...eehhhhh, the Queen Mum...Ghad bless her....Queen of Hearts etc etc!

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with you on three accounts.

*Many Rangers fans do support England and are mature enough to ignore the outdated ramblings of the Tartan Army

*You must be off your head to want Scotland to win before Rangers in an Auld Enemy/Old Firm trade-off.However,I respect that it is a personal preference.I'm not saying your'e wrong but I feel like a different species to anyone who puts country before club in any circumstance.

*I don't see what's funny about being good at swimming or Polo.I don't watch those sports but I can imagine that they must involve a lot of skill and dedication.And it sounds like jealousy on your behalf that you will only support England in those scenarios.

That's my take on it anyway.

*My post clearly stated that there is not a large proportion of Rangers fans who support England and I think this topic has proved this. I personally hate Rangers fans supporting England, but fair enough that might be based on my up bringing.

*Why must I be off my head to prefer Scotland beating England, in the context I stated. Scotland play England once every ten years or so now adays while the old firm play at least 4 times a season. I hate getting beat off them, but it happens and you can get over it within 3 months when we beat them. If we lose to England we wont have a chance to take revenge for years.

*Surely you see how being good at sychronised swimming is funny.

Although I agree with you, and in my experience, Rangers fans are by far the largest group in the Tartan Army....the Drum Bashin Billy Britains just won't understand your point of view. To them, wanting England to get beat at sporting events makes you a traitor to the glorious British Empire and the only way you can make ammends is to pop down to the "Crown & Country" pub and have a jolly good kness up...eehhhhh, the Queen Mum...Ghad bless her....Queen of Hearts etc etc!

god save our wonderful queen lovely lady. :unionflag:

Unfortunately there are a few Scottish Rangers fans who support England....I have only ever met one in the flesh and he was fat, bald, tattooed and rather thick to be honest. There was no point in debating with him as he would have turned angry as soon as I used a word with more than 3 syllables.

It's perfectly natural for English Rangers fans to support England and i'm not sure about the Northern Irish Rangers fans....some of them are a bit strange to be honest so god knows who they do and don't support. Scotland has a great sporting rivalry with England in football over the last 100+ years hence the reason most Scots love to see them get beat....I don't know if that rivalry has every existed in Northern Ireland.

Let's be honest though, every single person I know, regardless of what Scottish team they support, was in stitches when Croatia beat them at Wembley. Again, nothing to do with hating English people, just a bit of sporting rivalry.

Unfortunately there are a few Scottish Rangers fans who support England....I have only ever met one in the flesh and he was fat, bald, tattooed and rather thick to be honest. There was no point in debating with him as he would have turned angry as soon as I used a word with more than 3 syllables.

It's perfectly natural for English Rangers fans to support England and i'm not sure about the Northern Irish Rangers fans....some of them are a bit strange to be honest so god knows who they do and don't support. Scotland has a great sporting rivalry with England in football over the last 100+ years hence the reason most Scots love to see them get beat....I don't know if that rivalry has every existed in Northern Ireland.

Let's be honest though, every single person I know, regardless of what Scottish team they support, was in stitches when Croatia beat them at Wembley. Again, nothing to do with hating English people, just a bit of sporting rivalry.

you mean anti english. <_<

Nope...according to your logic Manchester United fans hate people from Manchester as they love to see Man City getting beat.

The Dutch/Germans love to see each other get beat.

Same with Brazil/Argentina and many other nations.

Do I hate the English? Of course not, if I had to hate a country based on the most amount of scum/underclass I have met then my most hated country would be Scotland as per head of population we probably have the most amount of wasters/underclass scumbags in Western Europe....but I don't hate Scotland or England as the majority of their populations are good people.

Being anti English at sport is totally different to being anti English overall.....i'm amazed some people can't see that!

They support Northern Ireland. doh

oh yeah danananananana batmaaaaaaaaan! :craphead:

Nope...according to your logic Manchester United fans hate people from Manchester as they love to see Man City getting beat.

Do I hate the English? Of course not, if I had to hate a country based on the most amount of scum/underclass I have met then my most hated country would be Scotland as per head of population we probably have the most amount of wasters/underclass scumbags in Western Europe....but I don't hate Scotland or England as the majority of their populations are good people.

Being anti English at sport is totally different to being anti English overall.....i'm amazed some people can't see that

The difference between the Dutch/German and Brazil/Argentina examples is that their football rivalry is substantiated by both countries.In the Scotland/England case it seems that the overwhelming bitterness comes from TA supporters wanting to beat England.It's like Rangers playing Aberdeen.Aberdeen fans love nothing more than to gub us and sing stupid,offensive songs because they've nothing else to do with their time.But at the end of the day,I just spend my time laughing at Aberdeen support and feel safe at knowing that they will never be as good as Rangers.To me its "annoying little brother syndrome"-and the TA is making a good job of being an annoying pest to England when they couldn't care less.

How would you feel if you were English and constantly heard Scottish people try and bring down your national squad for no real reason?

I have met loads of Scotland fans who revel in the rivarly and make it fun and light-hearted and to them I have no problem.But I still don't feel like one of them and you won't catch me singing Flower of Scotland any time soon.

a)Why is that unfortunate??

b)Obviously

c)Thanks.

d)Really?I wasn't-I wasn't bothered either way and I don't think I was the only person in Scotland who felt like that.

a)Why is that unfortunate??

b)Obviously

c)Thanks.

d)Really?I wasn't-I wasn't bothered either way and I don't think I was the only person in Scotland who felt like that.

a) because this tiny minority makes our support look like twats - a plastic englishman is no better than a plastic paddy.

b) correct.

c) no problem.

d) only another 23 people out of 5.1 million felt the same way as yourself.

Being anti English at sport is totally different to being anti English overall.....i'm amazed some people can't see that

The difference between the Dutch/German and Brazil/Argentina examples is that their football rivalry is substantiated by both countries.In the Scotland/England case it seems that the overwhelming bitterness comes from TA supporters wanting to beat England.It's like Rangers playing Aberdeen.Aberdeen fans love nothing more than to gub us and sing stupid,offensive songs because they've nothing else to do with their time.But at the end of the day,I just spend my time laughing at Aberdeen support and feel safe at knowing that they will never be as good as Rangers.To me its "annoying little brother syndrome"-and the TA is making a good job of being an annoying pest to England when they couldn't care less.

How would you feel if you were English and constantly heard Scottish people try and bring down your national squad for no real reason?

I have met loads of Scotland fans who revel in the rivarly and make it fun and light-hearted and to them I have no problem.But I still don't feel like one of them and you won't catch me singing Flower of Scotland any time soon.

First thing I should point out is that the Germans class the Dutch as the annoying small neighbour as do Australians with New Zealand.

I do admit is is normally the smaller country that is the more passionate in the rivalry....that's just human nature. Do you ever check the footiemad forums? Many English love to see Scotland lose. The reason some English fans don't mind Scotland now is because the rivalry isn't as intense due to the lack of games between the 2 countries and the difference in the quality of the players. In the 60's and 70's, I guarantee you the rivalry was huge and England and Scotland both loved to see each other lose.

I don't really know why it is, but I just love to see England lose at football. It can't be jealousy as they never win anything, and it's only really football that I like to see them lose in....I don't mind them in any other sports.

If you don't feel like a member of the Tartan Army or a Scotland fan then fine, don't go to the games....but some of my best times as a football fan have been with Scotland abroad and me and many thousands of Bears will continue to enjoy our travels around the world with Scotland.

I always laugh at Scotland fans who get on their high horse and hate the Old Firm, because we hate catholics, they hate protestants, we bring up ancient history 1690, 1916, etc, etc...... Then are guilty of pretty similar things with their hatred towards England...

Some ask us Rangers fans why do we sing passionately about 300yr old battles, when Scottish fans are just as guilty for singing about 600yr old battles!

I really don't give a toss about the Scottish national side. I hate the mentality of a sizable portion of the fans and I'd be lying if I said that wasn't the main reason why I dislike the national team.

There is a difference though....those 600 year old battles did involve Scotland and Scotland is the team the Scotland fans are singing about. To best of my knowledge, Rangers were not involved in the Battle of the Boyne. You would have a point though if you supported The Boyne Football Club and sung about the Battle of the Boyne!

The songs Scotland fans sing about were important battles in the Scottish wars of Independence and so are very relevant to Scotland, wheras the Battle Of the Boyne only had a minor effect on Scotland and was of far more significance to the Island of Ireland. I can understand people from Northern Ireland signing about it...but Scots? Nay, not for me, I don't really care much for Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland.

In the 60's and 70's, I guarantee you the rivalry was huge and England and Scotland both loved to see each other lose.

That's utter bollox.

I travelled regularly throughout England round about the times (74 and 78) we qualified for the WC and they didn't.

Every single English person I discussed it with was supporting Scotland in the Finals.

It might have been more intense before then, it is the oldest International fixture and as late as the 60s we were ahead, but from regular trips to England in the 70s then living there in the 80s and 90s English folk simply do not regard us as rivals - their rivals are France and Germany.

It's as Foreverabluebell describes, it is comparable to Aberdeen and I find it pathetic and embarassing, not only that so many Scotland fans think we are England's rivals, but also the blatant racism they display almost proudly.

I have also met many Tartan Army ambassadors who are fat, bald, tattooed and rather thick to be honest.

The England supporting Scottish bears I know are none of those things, very articulate in fact, and more than able to put across their points of view.

But hey ho, it doesn't suit the stereotype does it.

And another thing, they don't kid on that their opinions are facts, or imagine that things are true because they would like them to be true.

You could learn a thing or two from them, come to think of it....

I always laugh at Scotland fans who get on their high horse and hate the Old Firm, because we hate catholics, they hate protestants, we bring up ancient history 1690, 1916, etc, etc...... Then are guilty of pretty similar things with their hatred towards England...

Some ask us Rangers fans why do we sing passionately about 300yr old battles, when Scottish fans are just as guilty for singing about 600yr old battles!

I really don't give a toss about the Scottish national side. I hate the mentality of a sizable portion of the fans and I'd be lying if I said that wasn't the main reason why I dislike the national team.

There is a difference though....those 600 year old battles did involve Scotland and Scotland is the team the Scotland fans are singing about. To best of my knowledge, Rangers were not involved in the Battle of the Boyne. You would have a point though if you supported The Boyne Football Club and sung about the Battle of the Boyne!

You just don't get it :rolleyes:

The problem is that I do and you never will!

A large portion of the Tartan Army hate the English and to me that's rascist.........why is it the papers don't splash that over the front pages.?????

Just curious

Is Dirty English bastard not the same as Dirty Fenian bastard????

The problem is that I do and you never will!

Feel free to enlighten me Master....

It might have been more intense before then, it is the oldest International fixture and as late as the 60s we were ahead...

I think you'll find it was even later than that...possibly even up to about 1980ish.

A large portion of the Tartan Army hate the English and to me that's rascist.........why is it the papers don't splash that over the front pages.?????

Just curious

'English' is worse, it can only have one meaning.

In the 60's and 70's, I guarantee you the rivalry was huge and England and Scotland both loved to see each other lose.

That's utter bollox.

I travelled regularly throughout England round about the times (74 and 78) we qualified for the WC and they didn't.

Every single English person I discussed it with was supporting Scotland in the Finals.

It might have been more intense before then, it is the oldest International fixture and as late as the 60s we were ahead, but from regular trips to England in the 70s then living there in the 80s and 90s English folk simply do not regard us as rivals - their rivals are France and Germany.

It's as Foreverabluebell describes, it is comparable to Aberdeen and I find it pathetic and embarassing, not only that so many Scotland fans think we are England's rivals, but also the blatant racism they display almost proudly.

I have also met many Tartan Army ambassadors who are fat, bald, tattooed and rather thick to be honest.

The England supporting Scottish bears I know are none of those things, very articulate in fact, and more than able to put across their points of view.

But hey ho, it doesn't suit the stereotype does it.

And another thing, they don't kid on that their opinions are facts, or imagine that things are true because they would like them to be true.

You could learn a thing or two from them, come to think of it....

Nonsense.... We were more than Englands rivals in the 70's....we were much better than them! Remember the famous invasion of Wembley? That was in 1977, Scotland won at Wembley, three games ahead of England in the last of the annual Home International matches!

Between 1872 and 1999 (last time we met), England have won 45 matches and Scotland 41, with 24 matches drawn.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/aboutus/wire...edia_type=video

These days yes, England don't rate Scotland as their main rivals, but they have for about 85% of the last 100 years.

The fact that in the 70's Scotland done far better than England in international tournaments yet most Scots still loved to see England get beat proves it is not jealousy as even when Scotland are better than England for a decade...we still loved to see them get beat. It's just footballing rivalry.

Must be strange for people like yourself who don't belong anywhere...neither accepted by Scots nor the English!

Just curious

Yss, you are 100% correct, it is racist....but it is not highlighted in the press as everybody likes Scotland fans as they have over the last 20 years managed to portray themselves as great fans and have manipulated the media to get the media on their side. I say well done to them.

Wheras our "no one likes us, we don't care" attitude has resulted in nobody liking us and so what to you expect? Scotland and celtic fans are simply much smarter when it comes to playing the good guys whilst our fans rage about screaming "no surrender etc" and you wonder why we get nowhere with the media etc?

We are our own worst enemies.

Being anti English at sport is totally different to being anti English overall.....i'm amazed some people can't see that!

How can club rivalry be compared to national team rivalry? That whole argument makes no sense