Very happy with the signings so far

MachoMan

So far so good if you ask me -

Kenny Miller - very hard worker who performed well under Walter for Scotland. Scored 6 goals for Derby which is not bad considering the whole team only scored 20 goals all season and were the amount of chances he got was few and far between. On top of that, he will give it his all to win the fans over and although his strike rate may not be amazing (although he may bang in lots of goals) he will certainly add far more as a team player than the likes of Kris Boyd. The fact that he used to play for celtic is irrelevant to any intelligent fan.

Velicka - always impressed by him when he was at Hearts. Had an excellent strike rate for the clubs he has played for (including Hearts) and is a tough player who can handle the SPL as he has already proved he is tough enough for the SPL.

Kyle Lafferty - young impressive player who has shown his ability at international level. Is a Rangers man and for his age has done very very well. We may have paid over the odds but as long as he adds ability to the team then that won't really matter.

Players sold - Sebo, Gow - both had no future at the club so that's a bonus £1 million.

So far the squad is now stronger than last season. Still lots of players to come and go but things so far are looking quite good is you ask me.

There is no point in dreaming about fancy Euro 2008 players - as a club we cannot afford these players wages nor can we attract them to the club as right now we are the 2nd team in Scotland with no guaranteed Champions League football and any EPL club can easily outbid us for any player that looks good at Euro 2008 - so we will have to make do with getting the best players we possibly can within our restrictions.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenny Miller - very hard worker who performed well under Walter for Scotland. Scored 6 goals for Derby which is not bad considering the whole team only scored 20 goals all season and were the amount of chances he got was few and far between. On top of that, he will give it his all to win the fans over and although his strike rate may not be amazing (although he may bang in lots of goals) he will certainly add far more as a team player than the likes of Kris Boyd. The fact that he used to play for celtic is irrelevant to any intelligent fan.

Velicka - always impressed by him when he was at Hearts. Had an excellent strike rate for the clubs he has played for (including Hearts) ans is a tough player who can handle the SPL as he has already proved he is tough enough for the SPL.

Kyle Lafferty - young impressive player who has shown his ability at international level. Is a Rangers man and for his age has done very very well. We may have paid over the odds but as long as he adds ability to the team then that won't really matter.

Players sold - Sebo, Gow - both had no future at the club so that's a bonus £1 million.

So far the squad is now stronger than last season. Still lots of players to come and go but things so far are looking quite good is you ask me.

There is no point in dreaming about fancy Euro 2008 players - as a club we cannot afford these players wages nor can we attract them to the club as right now we are the 2nd team in Scotland with no guaranteed Champions League football and any EPL can easily outbid us for any player that looks good at Euro 2008 - so we will have to make do with getting the best players we possibly can within our restrictions.

right cmon randy,all them beatings hulk hogan and ultimate warrior gave you catching up? :pipe:

good post tho :)

Velicka - always impressed by him when he was at Hearts. Had an excellent strike rate for the clubs he has played for (including Hearts) ans is a tough player who can handle the SPL as he has already proved he is tough enough for the SPL.

There is no point in dreaming about fancy Euro 2008 players - as a club we cannot afford these players wages nor can we attract them to the club as right now we are the 2nd team in Scotland with no guaranteed Champions League football and any EPL can easily outbid us for any player that looks good at Euro 2008 - so we will have to make do with getting the best players we possibly can within our restrictions.

I feel the exact same way I think next season will be our year!!

:rangers:

yep agreed with that although I feel we may see an exciting signing coming our way before too long but i feel Cousin will be paid off, like you say still a lot of dealings to be done.

I feel the exact same way I think next season will be our year!!

:rangers:

we have been saying that every season.

How refreshing to see a positive thread. (tu)

Aye nice positive thread but he's talking pish :mutley:

exactly , 3 average signings and we are happy , I am sure wee strachan is happy too, if you think the quality of our signings will win back the league , not a chance

unless we bring in quality midfielders , its 2nd again for us

Lafferty has the potential to do very well in the game.

Fulham were the only suitors we're aware of in the EPL but at the time we didn't want to do business. I think any Burnley fan who didn't rate Lafferty didn't see the bigger picture; he was very quickly drafted into the first team because we had a wafer thin squad, and impressed enough for people to get overly carried away. From there on in people expected a lot of him, forgetting he was still very young. Our then manager could see this and started to protect his development by introducing him late in games as a substitute, and later starting wide on the left which gave him the match experience without putting the pressure on him to get our goals.

Being from N Ireland he was also quickly introduced to international football and as they struggled for goals, he got the starts up front with David Healy and looked very comfortable at that level. This is probably when I've seen the best from him and particularly against Spain he looked very lively, Puyol just couldn't deal with him.

I can see why the fee is in question but there are people around the club who firmly believe that his value will increase, hence the 10% of any future sale.

Honestly hope this works out for him because it's probably the best move for him.

Lafferty has the potential to do very well in the game.

Fulham were the only suitors we're aware of in the EPL but at the time we didn't want to do business. I think any Burnley fan who didn't rate Lafferty didn't see the bigger picture; he was very quickly drafted into the first team because we had a wafer thin squad, and impressed enough for people to get overly carried away. From there on in people expected a lot of him, forgetting he was still very young. Our then manager could see this and started to protect his development by introducing him late in games as a substitute, and later starting wide on the left which gave him the match experience without putting the pressure on him to get our goals.

Being from N Ireland he was also quickly introduced to international football and as they struggled for goals, he got the starts up front with David Healy and looked very comfortable at that level. This is probably when I've seen the best from him and particularly against Spain he looked very lively, Puyol just couldn't deal with him.

I can see why the fee is in question but there are people around the club who firmly believe that his value will increase, hence the 10% of any future sale.

Honestly hope this works out for him because it's probably the best move for him.

Fair comment - Welcome (tu)

Velicka - always impressed by him when he was at Hearts. Had an excellent strike rate for the clubs he has played for (including Hearts) and is a tough player who can handle the SPL as he has already proved he is tough enough for the SPL.

There is no point in dreaming about fancy Euro 2008 players - as a club we cannot afford these players wages nor can we attract them to the club as right now we are the 2nd team in Scotland with no guaranteed Champions League football and any EPL club can easily outbid us for any player that looks good at Euro 2008 - so we will have to make do with getting the best players we possibly can within our restrictions.

Noramlly I just leave posts alone that I dont agree with on the basis that everyone is entitled to their own opinion etc, but I have to disagree on a few points that you made.

Miller - We have seen a lot of this player over his career, having played for us when chances were being created easily, for Scotland, for the scum, and in the EPL for Derby last season. How anyone can state that this player may bang in goals after watching him for years is clearly wrong. He averages about 1 goal every 3 games, not good for a striker. His work rate is necessary because he has the worst first touch I have ever seen from an international player. How will he work harder to appease the fans. He clearly is a mercenary journeyman pro who cares not a jot what colours he wears, nor what the fans think of him, only that the manager likes him and he earns plenty. His previous clubs mean nothing to me, his previous proven quality and form worries me greatly.

Velicka - Decent squad player, and for £1M is good value.

Lafferty - A ridiculously high price to pay for someone of no real quality whatsoever. I dont watch a lot of NI games, but I did see a game last season after he had been initially linked with us and I thought he was absolutely awful. Not even a good first touch, nothing. A really poor return in goals for a pub team in Burnley, even if he did play wide left for most of the season, you ahve to ask yourself why. Was he not good enough to play CF for Burnley? An attacking wide midfield player should be contributing goals at least into double figures, plus 15 assists. His stats are nowhere near that modest level.

The players leaving have been undersold just to get rid of them, a Martin Bain speciality.

We certainly could compete on a level higher than we are currently looking at, if we were run properly. The top players are beyond us, but the signings of Cuellar, Beasley, Cousin show that you can bring in quality experienced players for very modest sums if you do your homework properly. Our signings (so far) reek of building a team of giants to play the long ball game in a very physical manner with only the 2008-09 SPL title on the agenda.

I am normally far more positive than this, so I will finish by saying that I am still very hopeful that we will sign some quality creative midfield players and another quality attacking full back and a ball playing cente half, and sell McCulloch & Dailly for starters.

This is good news :) I'm glad Wolves are not wasting £3M on this guy. He is an average fizzy pop league player with a bad attitude. I'm not sure he would have even been a starter in our team, so whats the point ! No doubt we would have been shipping him up to Scotland in a couple of years anyway. Like we do with many of our rejects, Mo Camara, Henri Camara, Kenny Miller, Lee Naylor, Alex Rae, lol shall I go on? If they are not good enough for the fizzy pop league ... send them to the SPL ....

Quote from a wolves fan who watches the championship every week.

This is good news :) I'm glad Wolves are not wasting £3M on this guy. He is an average fizzy pop league player with a bad attitude. I'm not sure he would have even been a starter in our team, so whats the point ! No doubt we would have been shipping him up to Scotland in a couple of years anyway. Like we do with many of our rejects, Mo Camara, Henri Camara, Kenny Miller, Lee Naylor, Alex Rae, lol shall I go on? If they are not good enough for the fizzy pop league ... send them to the SPL ....

id tell him :

its fizzy ginger ya twat and yer team is pish

Who cares what one fan out of millions thinks? In my own experience, at least 90% of football fans don't know their arses from their elbows when it comes to the game!

lol a wolves fan too! numpty

Generally, I agree with this, but I think we can afford some Euro 2008 players, although perhaps not the top tier of them.

Why do so many fans complain about signings right up untill he signs? Kyle Lafferty is Pish!

keep complaining all you/they want (if you cant find anything better to do), nothing you/they say is going to stop the transfer going through, hes a Rangers player now.