Offer in for Cuellar

TheLawMan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Steven Whittaker is not for sale. I dont know why Busaspor keep coming back with offers as we have told them that. This goes for the rest of the team. The exception to that is Madjid Bougherra. He's intimated that he wants to leave and is in the final year of his contract. But he will not go on the cheap. If we get the right offer, he can go."

"Steven Whittaker is not for sale. I dont know why Busaspor keep coming back with offers as we have told them that. This goes for the rest of the team. The exception to that is Madjid Bougherra. He's intimated that he wants to leave and is in the final year of his contract. But he will not go on the cheap. If we get the right offer, he can go."

How long til they make a bid for Boogie :rolleyes:

On Davis, Whittaker and Greegs

"All 3 of them will be offered new deals as they have intimated they want to stay with the club. They will all be offered improved contracts and i hope we can get that sorted soon. I've met Allan and his agent face to face and the talks went well. He is a Rangers man, a fantastic keeper, and we want him at the club for a long long time"

And to end on a very slight negative:

"nothing has changed from what i have said. We have a figure of £25m set aside for transfers over 5 years and i would be prepared to front-load that a bit if Ally and I talk it through and we see things are right for Rangers"

"Obviously in discussions with the manager, if he wants to take the wage budget up a bit, you need to balance things from the funds you have set aside, but the idea is that the figure set aside is for transfer fees, to buy players when we need them"

"Kyle Bartley, we would like to buy. He is a fantastic prospect who really enjoyed his short spell last season. Whether we can do that or not remains to be seen. We need to talk to Arsenal and see what their view is"

"We also have other targets but the deal has to be right for us. We have funds to enhance the squad but we will not be entering into any bidding wars. We have identified targets and we are pursuing them in a sensible manner. The target is 5 or 6 players but obviously that can change depending on what comes up in the market."

"As everyone knows, we are pursuing Tomer Hemed and again, we are hopeful that one can come to fruition next week"

It all sounds good, I particularly like this part.

All sounds good, but actions speak louder, so it will be interesting to see if what he says comes true.

One thing is for sure, Mr Whyte is saying all the right things.

Ok. Ok. Ok. There are still a few things I would like to hear and see......but my feelgoodometer has risen somewhat in the last 12 hours.

As someone said elsewhere, lets give the guy the chance now to prove he is good for his word. (tu)

"Kyle Bartley, we would like to buy. He is a fantastic prospect who really enjoyed his short spell last season. Whether we can do that or not remains to be seen. We need to talk to Arsenal and see what their view is"

"We also have other targets but the deal has to be right for us. We have funds to enhance the squad but we will not be entering into any bidding wars. We have identified targets and we are pursuing them in a sensible manner. The target is 5 or 6 players but obviously that can change depending on what comes up in the market."

"As everyone knows, we are pursuing Tomer Hemed and again, we are hopeful that one can come to fruition next week"

A good solid common sense approach, we wont get mugged either way now, either buying or selling, the marker statements there.

Why not use boogie in swap deal wi carlos?

Because nobody of note wants Boggie, he hasn't hidden the fact that he would like to play in the EPL yet not one team that we know of has made a bid for him, obviously the EPL teams dont rate him the way he rates himself.