The abuse of Warren Feeney today

D'Artagnan

Sectarian abuse is okay as long as it's aimed at a Protestant.

Apparently.

To be fair, it was only boos.

It wasn't.

But anyway, next time we boo McGeady's every touch, will there not be a word will be said about it?

Or the wee traitorous cunt at Hamilton, there was plenty printed about that.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

someone care to elaborate what exactly happened?

Basically Feeney said in press NI fans should turn Windsor Park into mini Ibrox when Poland play there, to unsettle Borat.

This didnt go down too well with the Celtic fans and Feeney got booed today and reportedly called a h**.

Now none of this really is surprising.

A Catholic football player from Northern Ireland abused... Sectarian!

A Protestant football player from Northern Ireland abused.. Only for the craic! :rolleyes:

Welcome to Republic of Scotland :(

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Basically Feeney said in press NI fans should turn Windsor Park into mini Ibrox when Poland play there, to unsettle Borat.

This didnt go down too well with the Celtic fans and Feeney got booed today and reportedly called a h**.

.....or acceptable of course?

Apparently.

Especially if you are Walter Smith .....and you are getting told to cheer up as you are a sad orange bastard. You can't get a clearer display of bigotry but i know nothing will be mentioned concerning this.

On another note, would it be sectarian of Celtic fans or fans of any club for that matter to call Jimmy Calderwood a fat orange bastard?

Well calling someone a h** is not acceptable, is it? My point is its hardly surprising. Feeney has not hidden the fact he is a Rangers man, indeed some posters here have seen him at games. Now its hardly surprising the Celtic fans will abuse him.

But acceptable? Of course not, not in this day and age.

Apparently.

Especially if you are Walter Smith .....and you are getting told to cheer up as you are a sad orange bastard. You can't get a clearer display of bigotry but i know nothing will be mentioned concerning this.

On another note, would it be sectarian of Celtic fans or fans of any club for that matter to call Jimmy Calderwood a fat orange bastard?

As he is a known Rangers fan and it came from celtic fans then they wouldn't be talking about the colour of his skin.....

Apparently.

As he is a known Rangers fan and it came from celtic fans then they wouldn't be talking about the colour of his skin.....

But General he is fat. And he is orange. He practically glows.

Well calling someone a h** is not acceptable, is it? My point is its hardly surprising. Feeney has not hidden the fact he is a Rangers man, indeed some posters here have seen him at games. Now its hardly surprising the Celtic fans will abuse him.

But acceptable? Of course not, not in this day and age.

i am sure there are plenty of rangers fans playing in the spl who dont get that abuse, theres plenty of celtic supporters as well who we dont hurl abuse like that at. Hes probably getting it for what he said about turning windsor park into a mini ibrox more than anything but when anyone booed lennon it was automatically because he was a catholic from northern ireland( and not just the fact he was a prick) so we could argue that they were booing feeney simply because hes a protestant from northern ireland.

Songs at Feeney

"We Know Your A h**, We Know Your A h**, Warren Feeney We Know Your A h**"

"Warren Feeney Your A Wanker, Your A Wanker"

Other Song At Smith

"Cheer Up Walter Smith, To A Dirty Orange Bastard With A Shite Football Team"

Guest Andypendek

Btw, Feeney was in the paper I read this morning and said along the lines of the following:

I was phoned up for some quotes about the game (N.Ire-Poland) but I was driving so I asked the journo to just put in some quotes for me. I didn't say anything about a mini-Ibrox. So I had a right good go at him.

Btw, Feeney was in the paper I read this morning and said along the lines of the following:

I was phoned up for some quotes about the game (N.Ire-Poland) but I was driving so I asked the journo to just put in some quotes for me. I didn't say anything about a mini-Ibrox. So I had a right good go at him.

You cannot possibly be suggesting that Journos are liars? :craphead:

Guest Andypendek

It's an interesting insight into how some of the stuff that we see comes about, ain't it? Even quotation marks dinna mean a thing! And shows how complicit the players and bosses are, too.

A Catholic football player from Northern Ireland abused... Sectarian!

A Protestant football player from Northern Ireland abused.. Only for the craic! :rolleyes:

Welcome to Republic of Scotland :(

Spot on mate (tu)

PC culture always gives minorities much more lattitude to behave badly i.e. only whites can be racist and only Protestants can be sectarian. Where this tends to fall down in Scotland is that so much of the mhedia and GLC are tim infested that it hardly seems appropriate to grant them the privileges usually afforded to downtrodden minorities