Mark Hateley: Barry Ferguson isn't fit to be captain,

Slowly but surely people are beginning to see the real Barry Ferguson - his time is up, he's finished and it's time for him to move on.

I don't expect any club would touch him, I'm just dreading our club giving him a new deal :(

hehe, and, all of a sudden the "Mark Hatelely always talks shite" comments change to "well said"

Will be Britney next

The fickle fan :)

Yeah I'm fickle! I supported the team before Ferguson played for them, think his contribution was immense, and will support the team after he has gone. It's the team I am interested in I don't hate players but when they can't do the best job anymore we need to move on. It's the nature of the sport to want the best players playing no matter what team you support. If Barry was out there playing like he did before he was injured I would be delighted but the plain simple truth is he's not. :pipe:

Mark Hateley is yet another fucking idiot. He changes his mind/opinions more than he changes his socks. He sticks up and slates the club when it suits him.

It was with utter astonishment that I read my Daily Record yesterday morning and discovered exactly what had been going on behind the scenes at the national team's luxury HQ ahead of arguably the most important international match in more than 10 years.

What the fuck <cr>

I understand where yer comin from Muff , but in fairness quite a few on here do the same , been guilty masel once or twice .

and as much as it pains me this time Hateley is right , be interesting to see if Watty picks them sunday

Mark Hateley is yet another fucking idiot. He changes his mind/opinions more than he changes his socks. He sticks up and slates the club when it suits him.

It was with utter astonishment that I read my Daily Record yesterday morning and discovered exactly what had been going on behind the scenes at the national team's luxury HQ ahead of arguably the most important international match in more than 10 years.

What the fuck <cr>

I understand where yer comin from Muff , but in fairness quite a few on here do the same , been guilty masel once or twice .

and as much as it pains me this time Hateley is right , be interesting to see if Watty picks them sunday

Both players will be picked on Sunday.

And on top of that I suspect they will get the loudest cheer from the travelling bears too.

What the fuck <cr>

And on top of that I suspect they will get the loudest cheer from the travelling bears too.

i think they will be cheered by the bears on sunday

i will give them a cheer cause even though i think what they did was wrong they will be playing for rangers and will get my backing

THE boozegate scandal at Loch Lomond's Cameron House Hotel proves two things. Barry Ferguson is not fit to wear the Scotland armband - and George Burley is not fit to be the Scotland boss.

Let's get this straight from the start. No one comes out of this with any kind of credit but two men in particular should be hanging their heads in shame. And these two men just happen to be leading Scotland out of the wilderness and towards the nextWorld Cup.

Don't make me laugh. Between them this pair are stumbling towards the gutter and are dragging their country down with them. Let's deal with Captain Calamity first. Barry, what the hell were you thinking about son? Does your stupidity know no bounds?

Or was Paul Le Guen right all along?

Look, I was no angel as a player. After big games I used to have a right few drinks to settle myself down. It's the same for most players. Even today, when I'm doing TV commentaries, I have to wind down afterwards with a glass or two of wine. The game is still racing through your mind at a 1000mph and it's impossible to switch off.

So, in that respect, I do have some sympathy for Barry, Allan McGregor and the rest of the players who decided to knock the heads off a few cold ones in the early hours of Sunday morning after that 3-0 defeat to Holland.

But going off on an all-nighter at the hotel bar simply beggars belief. Are these players so detached from the real world that they have lost sight of the boundaries of acceptability?

You are the captain of Rangers and Scotland, Barry. Do you seriously think it is OK to be boozing all night in public without going to bed and to still be at it when other guests - in one of the plushest hotels in all of Scotland - are sitting down for their lunch?

That is unacceptable under any circumstances. But four days before the game which will make or break your chances of reaching a World Cup? This redefines the word stupid. It takes stupidity to entirely new level.

You cannot get away with stuff like this, not even if you are at the top of your game. Ferguson could have scored a hat-trick in the Amsterdam ArenA and he'd still deserve to be booted out of the squad for behaving as moronically as this.

But, sadly, Ferguson is a long, long way short of his best form. And if this is the way he's dealing with his frustrations then I have to ask, is it any wonder his standards have dropped so far?

You know, it really does bring us all the way back to when Le Guen decided to boot him out of Ibrox citing his ill discipline as the major reason behind his decision. Le Guen decided Ferguson could not be trusted to set and example to his team.

And, I'm afraid, this latest shameful episode merely proves the Frenchman was bang on. If any manager had pointed the finger at me like that and suggested I was a bad influence or out of control I would have spent every waking hour for the rest of my career on a mission to prove him wrong.

But Barry continues to make Le Guen look like some sort of soothsayer when the truth is he made a mess of the manager's job at Ibrox. Le Guen waited until it was too late to take Ferguson on. He was, by then, in a weakened position because of the woeful performances of his side. He might have fought the right battle but he chose to do it at the wrong time.

And that brings us nicely on to Burley. I'm sorry to say he too is making a mess of this and must share the blame for what happened inside his camp on Sunday.

While I might have enjoyed a drink or two after a big game I cannot recall ever returning from a trip abroad to BEGIN a booze session at 4am. And if I ever did I can guarantee one thing - I was not doing it with the blessing of my boss.

What on earth was Burley thinking about when he gave Ferguson and his team-mates the green light to hit the bar at such a ridiculous time in the morning?

If the players needed to unwind after the game they would have had plenty of time to do so on the journey back to Glasgow.

They should have helped themselves to a few beers on the plane and then been sent packing straight to their rooms once they returned to base. That way, any players who fancied breaking the rules and staying up for a few more would have done so behind closed doors in a room. And they would still have been bang out of order.

But by letting them off the leash at the hotel bar Burley was showing weakness - and it blew up in his face.

Let's not forget he is in charge of a team tryingtoqualifyforaWorldCup.These men are supposed to athletes.

And yet their manager thinks it's OK to send them for a drink at four o'clock in the morning? It's just crazy. Burley is making an absolute mess of the job and has to shoulder responsibility. He has to show he is stronger than this.

Can you imagine how Graeme Souness would have reacted had he been in Burley's boots? Souness would have marched Ferguson and McGregor to the front door and booted them out on their a***s there and then.

And that's exactly what Burley should have done. Instead, he had an argument with them and then did, well, nothing. He sat and pondered his next move but it wasn't until the Daily Record rumbled the whole thing that he decided it was time to kick them out of his squad before the story broke yesterday morning.

But then he reversed his decision because Ferguson and McGregor begged not to be shown the door. How weak is that? Listen, if you have two players who have ripped the p*** out of you like that you need to come down on them like a ton of bricks.You get them out of your squad as quickly as possible because you know you can't have them in your team so all they can do is help to unsettle the rest of the guys.

Scotland's players and coaching staff will have been bricking themselves since Sunday, just waiting for this story to hit the papers. A cloud has been hanging over them ever since.

That's not good management. Burley should have dealt with it on the spot and then made an immediate announcement. Only a fool would think something as explosive as this could be kept in house.

But he didn't act. He stuck his head in the sand and hoped it would all go away. The job is too big for Burley. And the armband is too big for Barry.

http://www.&lt;No links to this website&gt;/comment/colum...-name_page.html

He has done far worse.......why are we paying this guy a wage is he is going to attack our club captain......

What the fuck <cr>

i will give them a cheer cause even though i think what they did was wrong they will be playing for rangers and will get my backing

..hope they gives us something to cheer about then, like playing well and winning.

What the fuck <cr>

..hope they gives us something to cheer about then, like playing well and winning.

or playing shite and winning will do at this stage of the season

Big of Hateley to admit he was wrong, and I'd say all those who formerly supported Ferguson, myself included, should hold their hands up to admit being wrong too. Many have, such as Muff.

Ferguson is a damaging influence and ego, and is far, far too powerful at Ibrox. For this club to heal, his absence would be a good start.

Ferguson is a damaging influence and ego, and is far, far too powerful at Ibrox. For this club to heal, his absence would be a good start.

a touch dramatic surely....?

I don't think we should kill him, if that's what you mean.

do you think this is a calculated article from rangers via hatley

surely he would not risk putting his foot in his mouth and upsetting rangers who pay his wages

maybe this is the beginning of the end of ferguson

I don't read the Rhebel so I never read Hateley's column. But this one hits the nail neatly on the head.

I said as soon as the story broke that Burley should be getting some real criticism. My guess was that he let the lads go for a drink because he knew if he said no that they would go out anyway.

As for the PLG thing, I have been saying both Barry and PLG should have been punished for years. PLG deserved to lose his job, he'd clearly failed to control the players. But Barry needed to be booted in the arse, fined and put on watch because you simply cannot ignore the manager and criticize him in the press.

The players were all in the wrong all 7 of them, but Barry as captain was even more in the wrong and set a disastrous example.

Hateley for once got it right.

The big question is what will Walter do on Sunday? The RFC fans will probably cheer Shagger and Bazza on Sunday ok, but is that sending the correct message? That is if Walter plays them.

How will the fans react if Shagger and/or Bazza play and have a stinker?

How does Bazza react if he scores? Shsss's the fans yet again?

Lots of points to be looked at come Sunday.

If he plays I hope he just gets on with it and remembers the team is the most important. I guess it is hard for him not to play like he used too; if he loves Rangers as much as he says he should lead by example or step down.

Does anyone else feel that Burley's own fondness for the drink is the reason he didn't see anything wrong with letting the players have a drink at 4am? I just can't imagine that the manager of any other international football team would have agreeing to such a piece of nonsense <cr>

The players were all in the wrong all 7 of them, but Barry as captain was even more in the wrong and set a disastrous example.

The big question is what will Walter do on Sunday? The RFC fans will probably cheer Shagger and Bazza on Sunday ok, but is that sending the correct message? That is if Walter plays them.

How will the fans react if Shagger and/or Bazza play and have a stinker?

How does Bazza react if he scores? Shsss's the fans yet again?

Lots of points to be looked at come Sunday.

It's not a question at all he will play them. Is backing our team as they try to win the league sending the correct message? What would you rather we do boo them onto the park because they got drunk?

Not aimed at you but some peoples never ending grudge against our captain is beginning to get more important to them than Rangers winning the league.....