A better story - DaMarcus Beasley

cstamomusa

I watched the El Salvidor game aswell and I thought he had a decent enough game. He had a nice few touches and his pace caused trouble.

He was pegged back quite a bit in the 2nd half and when Altidore came on in the second half, he dropped back to LB (or it certainly looked like he was playing that position) and he did not too bad.

I'd be playing starting him on Sunday and giving him a run of games.

I like Beasley. Doesnt seem to be popular in our support, but I like him...

I like him in theory, but he's been in dreadful form this year. I'd give him a chance though. A run in the team. It's worked wonders for Whittaker.

By the sounds of it he played poorly at LB, Walter don't get any idea's :anguish:

Damarcus Beasley: 5.5. Playing an unfamiliar position at left back, looked to get into the attack in the first half. Faded as the second half came and couldn’t keep up with Carlos Edwards.

http://goal.com/en-us/news/67/world-cup/20...trinidad-tobago

im a big fan of beasley unlike a lot of our support. i feel he is exactly what we need in our team atm - energy!

WIDTH, but don't say that word too loudly!

A familiar face was part of the U.S. team's victory over Trinidad and Tobago, but in an unfamiliar spot. Unhappy with his other options at left back, coach Bob Bradley set DaMarcus Beasley in that position and the speedy player responded with a commendable performance.

Bradley noted that Beasley faced off against one of the most dangerous attackers on the TnT squad.

"Carlos Edwards is a good player - we think one of the most important players on Trinidad," said Bradley. "We had talked to DaMarcus in the last year or so about starting to think about using him as a left back at times."

The coach pointed out that he had in fact used Beasley in that position in the last round of qualifying matches once. In the recent draw versus El Salvador, Beasley made the switch from midfield during the game, to allow for another attacer to help the team rally.

"I give DaMarcus a lot of credit;we’ve challenged him with this and he’s responded really well," Bradley said. "Tonight I think he showed that that’s a place he can help us, as well as his play in the midfield."

Beasley developed his versatility early on when he played in the backline years ago for Bradley, when both were with the Chicago Fire.

His willingess to try different things served him well in the early days of his career abroad as well. Now it may help propel him out of his situation at Rangers in Scotland, where he is currently stalled with little playing time.

"I've been looking for a change," Beasley acknowledged. "But I have a lot of time before summer and the season's not over. For the rest of the season, we're trying to win a championship, so I'm hanging in there right now."

The midfielder, and now part-time defender, wouldn't tip his had on which league he'd prefer to move to. "I'll keep my options open, doesn't matter if it's in MLS or wherever. I want to play."

The Old Firm player did express a preference for where U.S. teammate Jozy Altidore now plys his trade.

"My first option would be Spain if I ever had the chance," Beasley said. "At the same time, I'm happy where I am."

That persistent optimism has helped fuel Beasley through his current dry spell of club playing time.

"I do a lot of extra work when I'm not playing at Rangers to keep fit," Beasle explained. "Even though I'm not playing, I'm pretty upbeat about myself and what I can bring to a game."

Whatever his struggles at the club level, Beasley was confident that he could still offer something important to the U.S. national team.

"Bob knows that, too," Beasley asserted. "He's known me since I was 17. If he sees I'm not doing well, he'll come and talk to me. But he puts me on the field for a reason."

Beasley's never had a run of games this season, after one poor performance he's been dropped while the likes of Miller, Boyd and Ferguson have had several awful games in succession and been kept in the eleven.

It's incredible Beasley can't get a game when you look at how shite we are on the left. Smith complains about having no width yet he never plays the two wingers we do have.

I thought he was good going forward, linking up with Donovan well, making good overlapping runs.

It was a experimental formation from Bob Bradley, as left back has been a trouble spot for the US for awhile now. I'm not too optimistic as to whether he will get a run of games. As has been proved by Walter on numerous occasions, he will rotate players on the left wing no matter how well a guy is playing.

How the left midfield spot can be considered a weak area when we have an international player with 80 odd caps on our books is truly mind boogling.

I believe that if we played Beasley as a "hanging" winger then we would not only see the best of him, but we would also see the best of Mendes too.

I watched the El Salvidor game aswell and I thought he had a decent enough game. He had a nice few touches and his pace caused trouble.

He was pegged back quite a bit in the 2nd half and when Altidore came on in the second half, he dropped back to LB (or it certainly looked like he was playing that position) and he did not too bad.

I'd be playing starting him on Sunday and giving him a run of games.

exactly dont know how anybody can say hes been in poor form hes never played 2 games in a row

always looks a good player when on international duty

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BEASLEY at LEFT BACK

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He couldnt tackle a fucking McDonalds cheeseburger. Just like JCD, his head is heavier than the rest of his body and it affects his balance, hence him spending 70% of his time on his arse.

Starvin Marvin should be moved on (tu)

i feel that beasley has never been given a chance again after his injury

he was playing really well last season, especially in europe, and by god our team needs an outlay on the left as teams no if they close down our right hand side then we hump long balls as we have hee haw left