Ferguson and McGregor dismissed from training

skins

BARRY FERGUSON has been deposed as Rangers captain and sent home from training today along with goalkeeper Allan McGregor in lieu of their actions at Scotland's World Cup qualifier with Iceland on Wednesday.

So it was definitely the childish giruy finger gestures that's toasted the pair.

Hell mend them - and what a great message for Smith to send to the rest of the players.

Respect your position as a representative of The Rangers at all times - or else.

Club captain included!

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was it scored against Hamilton in our last away game again? Barry Ferguson wasn't it? Alexander as good as McGregor is he? Well wouldn't he be getting a game then?

Dropping your captain is ripples in the pond. Players who are loyal and friends to Ferguson aren't going to go 'brilliant move Walter! What a way to instill some team harmony by disgracing them again in public after they apologised! Let's go play that scintilating football you have been plannng!'

Barry's mates havent been playing lately anyway. (Boyd and McCulloch) and if you add McGregor too then they arent in the team.

And as I said you should have a go at the players not Smith.

Smith picks the team, arranges the tactics and has the power to substitute them if they aren't following his orders. The buck stops with the manager, it always has and it always will.

This is pretty shocking stuff, there are positive and negative effects of this I think. On the plus side, Ferguson has been mediocre since his return and Davis/Edu in the middle should not slow down our play as much. However, this could be a serious locker room distraction, it can't be good for morale when the captain is disposed.

I cant believe all this has come from a total non event at the Scotland game <cr>

For fuck sake even Muff who we all know is far From Fergies number 1 fan agreed that it was an uproar over nothing.

If this was the case why are Rangers taking action? If it wasnt serious surely the players would get a slap on the wrists and told to straighten out?

2eq5ag5.jpg

PLG was still a f*d who underestimated scottish football bought sionko and co.

Rangers 0 - 2 St. Johnstone

Dont give it barrys fault completey for that

PLG still did not fit in here.

I cant believe all this has come from a total non event at the Scotland game <cr>

For fuck sake even Muff who we all know is far From Fergies number 1 fan agreed that it was an uproar over nothing.

Muff wants them both out of Rangers.

Yeah we all know that but the said incident is a total noneity.

If this was the case why are Rangers taking action? If it wasnt serious surely the players would get a slap on the wrists and told to straighten out?

Because of the mhedia circus or should i say witch hunt that has followed game.

Who was it scored against Hamilton in our last away game again? Barry Ferguson wasn't it? Alexander as good as McGregor is he? Well wouldn't he be getting a game then?

Dropping your captain is ripples in the pond. Players who are loyal and friends to Ferguson aren't going to go 'brilliant move Walter! What a way to instill some team harmony by disgracing them again in public after they apologised! Let's go play that scintilating football you have been plannng!'

Barry's mates havent been playing lately anyway. (Boyd and McCulloch) and if you add McGregor too then they arent in the team.

Smith picks the team, arranges the tactics and has the power to substitute them if they aren't following his orders. The buck stops with the manager, it always has and it always will.

well if thats the case then walter should have walked after the kaunas game.

Agreed. I do feel that addressing the attitudes of these two should have been done long ago, but the way it's been gone about in this situation reeks of acquiesence in my book.

What's your problem, m8?

you questioning peoples "morals"....

I shouldn't?

Not based on your post ...no....

Explain.

i think i have....you're not in a position to questions his morals.....

Oh? So basically your reason that I shouldn't question his morals is in fact I'm not in a position to?

Despite seeing the same evidence the rest of us have?

So him grinning and talking during a minute's silence is not for me to question? Him shagging around with everyone is quite acceptable when he's supposed to be in a relationship? Him throwing the fingers up to the world on Saturday is immune to my comments?

Why am I not in a position to judge?

Let he without sin cast the first stone danny......and if you haven't done two of the above you must have led a very sheltered life...... :pipe:

I guess i won't see you in hell....... :(

I've never disrespected a minute's silence nor have I ever cheated.

I must be a wee angel :D

Because of the mhedia circus or should i say witch hunt that has followed game.

And we say that the tims are the paranoid ones.......

Ohh aye i just imagined the witch hunt on our players getting more paper space than the death of the 18 oil rig workers in the North sea got. :rolleyes:

well if thats the case then walter should have walked after the kaunas game.

He blew the league last year in a better position than he is in just now, yet some people seem to think this situation is going to be a catalyst to help us win it this year?

Celtic will beat Hamilton on Saturday, so that is them 6 points clear, now if Walter doesn't get a result against bottom of the league (remember St Mirren?) Falkirk then I hope he resigns.

BARRY FERGUSON has been deposed as Rangers captain and sent home from training today along with goalkeeper Allan McGregor in lieu of their actions at Scotland's World Cup qualifier with Iceland on Wednesday.

So it was definitely the childish giruy finger gestures that's toasted the pair.

Hell mend them - and what a great message for Smith to send to the rest of the players.

Respect your position as a representative of The Rangers at all times - or else.

Club captain included!

Exactly mate

The finger gestures were cringeworthy and an affront to Rangers Football Club

Barry has done nothing of note since his return and his loss will not be felt in any great way

The thing nagging at me is that PLG pretty much warned on this situation years ago. He marked Boyd, Fergie and McGregor as a core of trouble who would work against the team in the long run. I wonder what the odds would have been for all 3 to have been sold within 3 years !

Seems clear that Barry and Boyd are defo out the door. Doesn't look great for McGregor either you would need to say.

I am stunned but at least Walter has shown he has a fukin set of stones. Unlike Chesney who just turns a blind eye to Borat and McGaydays antics time and again.

You can't put a price on the dignity of Rangers. I dare say the great Bill Struth would have ejected Fergie and Greegs from the premises personally so no qualms here on what has happened.

Gers Punish Duo

Manager Walter Smith has revealed that the two players will return to Murray Park later today when they will meet Chief Executive Martin Bain and learn their fate.

Following this meeting Rangers will release a statement. However, Smith has made it plain that the club is very unhappy with the players' behaviour and has revealed that they will not play at Falkirk.

It is common knowledge that Ferguson and McGregor were involved in a drinking session with other players at Cameron House Hotel on Sunday and that Scotland manager George Burley decided to leave them on the bench for the Iceland match as a result.

However, it was the gestures that the two players made while sitting on the bench that have angered Rangers and the manager in particular

The part in bold is an extension of the official story.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1611143,00.html