Ferguson and McGregor dismissed from training

skins

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we can move on as a club.

Move on to what exactly mate ? if we dont qualify for the CL this season then we will be in deep deep shite.

A bad result on sunday and no doubt half this board will be shoutin for walter to go again.

Now we can move on as a club.

agreed, let's put this behind us, it will hopefully give us the opportunity to win four games in a row before they return. if we can achiev that we will be top after the old firm. come on the bears just do it.

Bold decision by WS and the correct one IMO. Ultimatly could be a good thing for us as you would expect them both to come out fighting in 2 weeks time and showing their worth. By the sounds of it though they won't be here next season and can't say I'll be too disapointed.

Will be interesting to see if Davis gets played CM or if he goes for Edu on Sunday. On another note congrats Kevin Thomson, captain of Rangers in 2009/10 without a doubt.

Walter has made the correct decision (tu) Barry has been rubbish all season and yet when he doesn't get picked for a Scotland match after stupidly drinking for hours he throws his dummy out the pram. I think he'll leave Rangers in the summer and good riddance. When I was younger this player was my idol but my respect for him has totally gone. If Advocaat rates him then he can have him. If we can get £3 million for this drunk useless player who can't pass the ball to anyone apart from back to the defender then I'll take it.

A disgrace to the club and McGregor should go as well. £7 million for the pair of them.

aye still seems like a slap on the wrist to me if they wriggle there way back into the team after two weeks get them and boyd (deja vu) tae fuck as soon as possible

not sure on weir as captain can see why he picked him just does not seem like a captain to reserved

Well macgregor has been so full of himself....when he first came into the team he was a pretty humble guy...now he thinks hes invincible and barry...well ive always thought that he was on step away from something stupid....but it doesnt make them bad players...i also think ferguson needs a change...he will always be a ranger...

but the guy i realluy think ewho should be booted out of his job is george burley....why was he ever appointed as scotland boss...i am scotland through and through.....but this guy inspires nothing in me as a fan..and he was weak in how he handled all of this too...the SFA as usual are pathetic...and rangers yet again show them the way..Walter Smith takes crap from no one and the same when he was scotland boss too...

this whole episode has gone too far and yes i would move barry on...sort macgregor out and scotland need to retract that stupid statement and reduce it to a ban....theres been worse done...and allowed to slide.....lets face it.....they werent caught sliding down a drainpipe and out of the hotel....all they had to do was tell the hotel to not serve any players...how hard was that...

cheers....scotty

They will play again, they are not gone

probably true..thats what happened at raith rovers i think....was it not hogg and mcstay and one hit the other..both transfer listed and once it died down everything went back to normal?

I am looking forward to the take on this from D'A.

Well Boab

If you look at my comment on a thread earlier in the week you would be forgiven for thinking Walter had been taking my advice ;)

I said Ferguson should be stripped of the Rangers captaincy and both players dropped for at least the next match.

However those comments didnt take into account the ability of these players to self destruct and view themselves as above the law - their V sign gesticulations are symptomatic with the attitudes of both these players. I still havent forgotten MacGregors conduct at the Kai minute silence.

I notice that a few posters have suggested that the expulsion of these 2 players will cost us the league....that maybe but only time will tell.

What I would say is that in taking this action Rangers have regained a modicum of self respect.....they have re-enforced the principle that no man is bigger than the club...and Barry ferguson had certainly become that.

These 2 players have disgraced our club - their antics at the Scotland training camp were an insult to us all. Their subsequent actions beggar belief. I hope they are shown the door and never don the Rangers blue shirt again.

Well macgregor has been so full of himself....when he first came into the team he was a pretty humble guy...now he thinks hes invincible and barry...well ive always thought that he was on step away from something stupid....but it doesnt make them bad players...i also think ferguson needs a change...he will always be a ranger...

but the guy i realluy think ewho should be booted out of his job is george burley....why was he ever appointed as scotland boss...i am scotland through and through.....but this guy inspires nothing in me as a fan..and he was weak in how he handled all of this too...the SFA as usual are pathetic...and rangers yet again show them the way..Walter Smith takes crap from no one and the same when he was scotland boss too...

this whole episode has gone too far and yes i would move barry on...sort macgregor out and scotland need to retract that stupid statement and reduce it to a ban....theres been worse done...and allowed to slide.....lets face it.....they werent caught sliding down a drainpipe and out of the hotel....all they had to do was tell the hotel to not serve any players...how hard was that...

cheers....scotty

have to ask the question - would they have committed the same offences if Walter or Big Eck was Scotland boss?

I doubt it

From what I can gather from what I've heard, Walter Smith's wife went to Cameron House for a spot of early lunch (they live quite close by) and saw Barry and McGregor still drinking away.

She phoned her husband to tell him the bad news and it's quite possible that he knew this before Burley took any action.

No wonder he's not happy!

From what I can gather from what I've heard, Walter Smith's wife went to Cameron House for a spot of early lunch (they live quite close by) and saw Barry and McGregor still drinking away.

She phoned her husband to tell him the bad news and it's quite possible that he knew this before Burley took any action.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

That's a new twist with Walter wife, was said tonight Walter had contacted Ferguson and McGregor after the incident and were told to keep their heads down.

When Walter seen what they were doing at the game he was furious, and took it as a slap in the face.

That's a new twist with Walter wife, was said tonight Walter had contacted Ferguson and McGregor after the incident and were told to keep their heads down.

When Walter seen what they were doing at the game he was furious, and took it as a slap in the face.

I phoned up one of the freelancers I know to ask what was happening (a very good Rangers supporting journalist) and he told me that.

Mark Donaldson, TalkSport's Scottish correspondant, also said that this was what happened.

I phoned up one of the freelancers I know to ask what was happening (a very good Rangers supporting journalist) and he told me that.

Mark Donaldson, TalkSport's Scottish correspondant, also said that this was what happened.

Papa i'm no downsizing this version, to be quite honest it's probably the closest were going to get (tu)

Just a lot of different versions a now circulating why Walter was so angry today.

Papa i'm no downsizing this version, to be quite honest it's probably the closest were going to get (tu)

Just a lot of different versions a now circulating why Walter was so angry today.

I'm very glad that I wasn't put in a room with Smith today.

He must have been close to throttling the pair of them.

Imagine it was Souness :lol: He'd just have flat out assaulted them.

one of my work mates (a celtic fan btw) says his mate was staying in the same hotel over the same weekend and that brown and a couple others were all there drinking too.... and that also it was brown that shaved shaggers hair....????

whats the script? why is it our 2 lads getting it in the neck and not the rest?

Souness would have strung them both up.

However, for once Walter Smith finally showed some backbone and kicked these 2 out. Hopefully that puts an end to people going on about Wattie being everyones pal, he didnt take any shite today did he? And credit where it is due from me.

Souness would have strung them both up.

However, for once Walter Smith finally showed some backbone and kicked these 2 out. Hopefully that puts an end to people going on about Wattie being everyones pal, he didnt take any shite today did he? And credit where it is due from me.

He's been guilty of over-pandering to Ferguson in the past, no doubt about it.

I think this was the straw that broke him though.

The old hairdryer treatment was in full throttle no doubt :lol:

Don't know about you papa, but it just feel this incident has rekindle the passion inside the club (tu)

From what I've heard today, it was riotous at Murray Park this morning. The punishments handed out would seem to suggest so too.

I can imagine Walter going right through the pair of them. I also wouldn't be surprised if the two of them offered some sort of smart-arse response, a bit like Wednesday's escapade.

From what I've heard today, it was riotous at Murray Park this morning. The punishments handed out would seem to suggest so too.

I can imagine Walter going right through the pair of them. I also wouldn't be surprised if the two of them offered some sort of smart-arse response, a bit like Wednesday's escapade.

(tu)

In Walter's interview earlier he did look fuming i must admit. Can't blame him either.

It's time to move on from this, get that pair to f*ck and lets really try and win this league back.