If Ferguson and Shagger leaves in summer and Weir retires...

Goianegra

Captain  

237 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should be our new captain

• Kevin Thomson
    • Madjid Bougherra
    • Kris Boyd
    • Kenny Miller
    • Sasa Papac
    • Neil Alexander
    • Christian Dailly
    • Steven Davis
    • Pedro Mendes
    • Other
    • Buy a new player and captain with the cash
  2. 2. Is David Weir a good enough captain?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Is Kevin Thomson to young to captain us?

• Yes (not going to be popular)
    • Hell No

I'd hate Pedro Mendes to be our captain. Imagine him hiding, away to the likes of Falkirk, Dundee United, St. Mirren, in Cup Finals....Pedro Mendes is not captain material!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hate Pedro Mendes to be our captain. Imagine him hiding, away to the likes of Falkirk, Dundee United, St. Mirren, in Cup Finals....Pedro Mendes is not captain material!

agreed

An argument that could rage forever but IMO, effective captains must play central midfield or defence - They must be able to read, if not be up, with play for the whole game - So, with current squad - It has to be Thomson & I believe he will mature & improve with the responsibility. Davis is certainly a strong candidate but Thomson has that "wee something" to give him my vote.

I think Davis is the only one I would trust. Thomson yes, but give the boy some time to recover fully from his injury before putting so much pressure on him.

I'd love Weir to be a coach orsomething if he leaves, but I agree with everyone saying Mendes is not captain material.

K.T to be captin next season if worst comes to worst.

davie weir would be my choice after barry right enuff i think we are in safe handwith him good leader and experienced.

as someone pointed out barry became rangers captin at 22 thomson is that bit older with a good level head i think he would were it with pride.

also whoever voted for daily are you actually saying you would like him to be in the starting line up cause if he was given the armband he would be and i know i wouldn"t want that and am sure alot of ppl on the site would agree with me there!!!!

I think Davis is the only one I would trust. Thomson yes, but give the boy some time to recover fully from his injury before putting so much pressure on him.

I'd love Weir to be a coach orsomething if he leaves, but I agree with everyone saying Mendes is not captain material.

:541:

Why would anyone want Thomson? He's probably part of the chav clique in the squad and there's no way he'd get the respect of the entire dressing room. He'd split the dressing room just like Ferguson did.

Why would anyone want Thomson? He's probably part of the chav clique in the squad and there's no way he'd get the respect of the entire dressing room. He'd split the dressing room just like Ferguson did.

Disagree.

Thomson was the only one in that team willing to give Ferguson pelters for 90 minutes when he fucked up.

I think he's his own man.

Thomson shades it for me, as he's the most consistent performer. Originally I'd have said either him or Davis, picking one or the other as Vice Captain too. Thomson shades it now, though. Davis seems a little too inconsistent.

Its a pretty easy andswer isnt it? (and, appears voting suggests that as well).

The team has become weak without KT, which, seems to imply that HE is the leader and the one that drives the team on, a bit like, a captain. Also, he appears to conduct himself off the pitch in the "proper" manner. As for the too young bit? Thats levied at WS as part of his "many failings", so, Mr Pot, meet Mrs Kettle

Weir - good enough to be captain? No, but, only due to him fading. As a person, easily good enough, but, the legs arent there anymore sadly.

I think Thomson should be given the shot. If you're good enough, you're old enough and all that.

I think Weir is a good enough captain until the end of the season, but not beyond that.

Agreed, thommo gives us that grit and workrate in midfield which has been missing too often this season, that determination to win is required within a captain and inspires our other players to work harder.

I think big davie is good enough to see us through this year but i don't feel we should be offering him a contract next year never mind captain next season.

Surely the pressure would get to Thommo though as he is still quite young and captaining a team like Rangers is a big jump which puts a lot of responsibility on the boys shoulders!

Also could have a bad effect on the guys performance!

Future captain..... Yes

The now...... No