'Sing When You're Winning'

DadoPrso9

One of the things that piss me off with our support is that we never truely get behind the team when we lose a goal. Its usually all mump and moan whenever someone doesnt play a ball inch perfect even though theres still another hour left.

Watching the Hamburg fans, they were getting beaten but they were still bouncing and singing, getting behind their team and creating a bit of atmosphere.

And before anyone says "the quality on show doesnt exactly inspire the fans" - then it shouldnt need to

Its like that at away games sometimes but you only really hear a burst of Derrys Walls every now and then ring round the stadium

TBF, we hardly sing when we are winning either. We hardly sing period.

Probably because 90% of our songs are banned. :anguish:

What a shitty excuse tbh. Theres still loads of songs we could sing.

Their singing might have been something to do with the fact they were still going through on aggregate. I agree with you in principle though, the atmosphere at Ibrox is horrendously bad sometimes.

I experienced my worst ever atmosphere at Ibrox on Saturday. Was sitting just above and to the right of the dugout. Told to sit down when i stood to clap the team at kick off and surrounded by some of the quietest rangers supporters i've ever encountered. It should be mandatory for fans to have a couple of the pints before the game... gets people a wee bit more riled up!!

Their singing might have been something to do with the fact they were still going through on aggregate. I agree with you in principle though, the atmosphere at Ibrox is horrendously bad sometimes.

I experienced my worst ever atmosphere at Ibrox on Saturday. Was sitting just above and to the right of the dugout. Told to sit down when i stood to clap the team at kick off and surrounded by some of the quietest rangers supporters i've ever encountered. It should be mandatory for fans to have a couple of the pints before the game... gets people a wee bit more riled up!!

I sit in that area too mate, it's brutal. There are some fans in my section that continue their conversation about the price of milk and bread when Rangers score and see it is a chore to even stand to applaud a goal.

Thank god i am moving out of there next season. (tu)

Was at the chelsea game at the weekend against bolton and TBH the atmosphere put us to shame singing for 90 mins songs kept going even in the dying minutes when it looked degy because there is a mutual understanding that nobody will tell you to sit down or shut up or

I sit in that area too mate, it's brutal. There are some fans in my section that continue their conversation about the price of milk and bread when Rangers score and see it is a chore to even stand to applaud a goal.

Gotta be kidding? :lol:

A lot of factors have contributed to the atmosphere this year.

• The large number of new fans and new season ticket holders (remember this is a record year) who hadn't previously been going to games. I'm not blaming them, and they're doing well to put money into the club, but a lot of them are young and are the new generation of fans.
  • The fans that left after last season's failure to win the league and the Kenny miller situation were a blow.
  • The humiliation of Kaunas and no European football to look forward to
  • Some pathetic performances at Ibrox (Celtic, ICT etc)
  • The football quality has been dire at times.

For this, Walter's got a lot to answer. He's got to remember we put a lot of money into the club and deserve an opinion.

he wont be, there is a couple of fuys that sit in front of me that always come in 10 mins late, leave 5 mins before halftime for pies then leave 10-15mins before the end of the game and one of them was complaining that we are always scoring in the first ten minutes nowadays.

Yes it is very quiet in large sections of the stadium and i am guilty of just clapping when we score or have a good move, then moan when something goes wrong.

Atmosphere at Ibrox has been going steadily downhill since about 5 in a row. I'm not sure whether we just got so used to winning that we took it for granted or what. But we definitely hade more than our fair share of whingers when I was still able to go to Ibrox regularly.

One of the things that piss me off with our support is that we never truely get behind the team when we lose a goal.

I think you're wrong tbh, I've seen many a time where the blue order and the fans in general at Ibrox have got behind the team after we've conceded.

One of the things that piss me off with our support is that we never truely get behind the team when we lose a goal.

I think you're wrong tbh, I've seen many a time where the blue order and the fans in general at Ibrox have got behind the team after we've conceded.

Your having a laugh mate,it's only ever TBO and a few fans around the rest of the stadium who back the team after a goal,the rest just sit and moan.

A lot of factors have contributed to the atmosphere this year.

• The large number of new fans and new season ticket holders (remember this is a record year) who hadn't previously been going to games. I'm not blaming them, and they're doing well to put money into the club, but a lot of them are young and are the new generation of fans.
  • The fans that left after last season's failure to win the league and the Kenny miller situation were a blow.
  • The humiliation of Kaunas and no European football to look forward to
  • Some pathetic performances at Ibrox (Celtic, ICT etc)
  • The football quality has been dire at times.

For this, Walter's got a lot to answer. He's got to remember we put a lot of money into the club and deserve an opinion.

Taking all that into account, i don't think that's valid reasons for not singing. A lot worse teams than us have fantastic support and they get behind their team regardless of how sh*te they are on the park. They at least TRY to make their home ground intimidating a wee bit.

I'm not saying that we have to accept we are pish and get on with it, i just mean that you pay your money, why not make sure you enjoy yourself when you are there? Costs nothing to sing and clap and cheer.

One of the things that piss me off with our support is that we never truely get behind the team when we lose a goal. Its usually all mump and moan whenever someone doesnt play a ball inch perfect even though theres still another hour left.

Watching the Hamburg fans, they were getting beaten but they were still bouncing and singing, getting behind their team and creating a bit of atmosphere.

And before anyone says "the quality on show doesnt exactly inspire the fans" - then it shouldnt need to

Its like that at away games sometimes but you only really hear a burst of Derrys Walls every now and then ring round the stadium

That was a European away match.

Guarantee you won't see them so excited in the Bundesliga every other week at home.

Our away European support is also exceptionally good for atmosphere. As is our home one for that matter.

Hello hel-

That's it, 6 points dropped for next season.

=====

It pisses me off how if we are 3 or 4 nil up, the 200 strong away fans are fucking crazy if they get 1, then we all just sit on our hands.

I agree.

I find that we sing most when we go a goal down or when we come from behind for example if we are getting beat 1-0 and we make it 2-1.

Normally if we concede a small rendition of "the cry was no surrender" is sung.

I agree.

I find that we sing most when we go a goal down or when we come from behind for example if we are getting beat 1-0 and we make it 2-1.

Normally if we concede a small rendition of "the cry was no surrender" is sung.

Yeah but then generally it goes all quiet and most people get on the team's backs.

I wish it was a joke mate, but sadly it is true. <cr>

There are too many fans who go to home games now just as a way of filling their Saturday afternoon rather than going along to create an atmosphere and spur the team on. Fair enough, the football is dreadful and there isn't much to sing about but that is not really an excuse. Our support has too much history and reputation to allow us to go quiet at games.

It isn't what we are about, but unfortunately there is a majority now who just don't understand or care. Fortress Ibrox no longer it seems.