The Royal Marine Commando's.

One by one those soldiers walked into the Broomloan front, and one by one the were clapped. They found their seats and sat down still with a huge applause from the crowd. Every man, woman and child in the stadium was proud that the men who are out there fighting for our country, were home & safe. Albeit, only a fraction of those who were actually sent.

Rule Britannia, was being sung noticeably but not over zealously by the few thousand fans who were there when the soldiers marched in. It was only the beginning of an introduction which would see 50,000 fans almost weep with pride. Throughout the first half there were renditions of Rule Britannia & God Save The Queen, which brought a sense of unionism and patriotism to our hero's and fans. However, this was only the start, as everyone knew there was more.

The whistle blew for half time, and soon after the voice came over the huge speakers asking us to warmly welcome those who put their lives on the line to keep this country free. The Royal Marine Commando's marched onto the Ibrox turf.

It was truly a spectical as every fan from every seat stood up to thank these hero's for their duty. What we wanted to say to them personally was put into a simple, but extremely loud applause. I think it's been the biggest round of applause I have heard at Ibrox for a long time. These men deserved it. For the first 45 minutes, it was Rangers v Hearts at Ibrox for the SPL, for the Half time interval it was Rangers, Hearts and The Royal Marine Commando's v Terrorism for Britain.

Some of the Commando's expressed their joy by jumping up and down and waving on the crowd. And boy did that get us all going. Soon after they branched into 4 groups, taking up the four corners of the stadium. We as fans applauded louder than ever. Those brave men clapped our support and thanked them for it. Fans threw their scarves as a sign of unity. Those soldiers picked up those scarves and wrapped them around their necks proudly. Whether or not those men supported Rangers Football Club or not, at that time I think there would be only one place they would rather be, and that is out there fighting to keep our nation safe.

We wanted them there and they wanted to be there.

One commando was so proud, he robbed our Flag bearer of his union jack, and he waved it. High. So high that every Man, Woman and Child could see what they stand for. It was cheered so loud. After about 10 minutes on the pitch, those men re banded as a group and began their exit off the field. The fans had one more thank you in mind. As our hero's turned and started to march, every fan in the stadium were on their feet clapping their hands and sung Rule Britannia louder than ever before. We wanted to show our appreciation. It was a "spine tingling, hair standing up on your neck" moment.

In the stand there were 2 signs which had appeared as they soldiers marched on. "45 Commando" & "For Queen & Country". This is our Queen and our country and these men will fight for as long as it takes to keep it that way.

It was a truly inspirational day, and will live in many peoples hearts for the rest of their lives. I sincerely hope those men will never forget it. We will never forget any man or woman who has lost their life fighting for our Country and those who still to this day put their lives on the line to keep our country united, will be supported.

RMC - For Queen And Country. No Surrender.

0,,5~5847839,00.png

45732702commandos416.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

superb post m8

lets not forget those commandos who never came back

and to the commando in the wheel chair, we feel your pain and share your pride today,

45 commando, i salute you

we are the people

:uk:

Cracking post.

I think the Hearts fans deserve a mention here aswell. They showed their apprection and credit to them for doing so.

Yep 100%.

They are the only Scottish set of fans I would have wanted at Ibrox for this day.

I think most others would have done something stupid.

Cracking post.

I think the Hearts fans deserve a mention here aswell. They showed their apprection and credit to them for doing so.

I'll second that mate. From where I sit in the CR, I think I saw some Hearts fans doing :praise: to the Marines.

Cracking post.

Im sure every other footall club of this proud British nation would do the same. . . bar one

45 Commando, For Queen and Country

As an American who was at the game, I was also touched. It's tough to see such a large number of our own boys over there for extended periods. It was made very clear that everyone in attendance today was proud of their own as well. I stood up and clapped for not only the guys out there on the field but every man and women from every country that takes time away from their friends and family to support and serve for their country. :clap:

i have always regarded hearts as our sister club

good loyalist support albeit not all of them

thank you hearts for today

in giving those marines the dignity they deserved :uk:

Cracking post.

Yep 100%.

They are the only Scottish set of fans I would have wanted at Ibrox for this day.

I think most others would have done something stupid.

The Caley fans should be applauded for the way they acted the last time we had the troops out