£30,000 a man

£30,000 a man  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Would you authorise it if in charge?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they need £30,000 to get them up for this then they aren't worthy of the jersey.

Jim Baxter will be baulking in his grave at the thought of this.

Im sure when i went to see Baxter and Johnston he said he left Rangers for money first time around actually. Something to do with what other players were on in other leagues who couldnt lace his boots. :sherlock:

If they need £30,000 to get them up for this then they aren't worthy of the jersey.

Im sure when i went to see Baxter and Johnston he said he left Rangers for money first time around actually. Something to do with what other players were on in other leagues who couldnt lace his boots. :sherlock:

i also heard he fell out with rangers over money

Aye, but £30,000 on top of their already awesome wages to win a league?

Give me a break!

I'm pretty sure there would have been a league winners bonus set at the start of the season for the squad.

No need to offer any more.

I wouldn't even offer them a bonus if they win the league. Surely the wages that they are being paid, which are already in some cases thirty times what other players in the SPL are on, are for winning the league. League is bread and butter, that's what your paid for and if they fail to win it their not doing their job properly.

Give me a break!

Well it was just a hypothetical question but even one of our best ever was clearly motivated by money (tu)

Not a fucking chance, they will already get a bonus if they win.

Bonus payments should be written into the contract and negotiated on an individual basis, not the club captain out to screw every single penny and a fuckwit of a chief executive.

Lessons need to be learned from last year.

Give me a break!

Well it was just a hypothetical question but even one of our best ever was clearly motivated by money (tu)

No doubt mate, but this could quite easily be considered as one of the most important leagues ever, if not the most important.

Money shouldn't even come into this!

Offer it to Dundee Utd players instead :pipe:

this is a sad thread, winning a game of football should never depend on anything financial.

its depressing

thinking of mcculloch, ma baw, dailly holding murray to ransom over bonus' they want, have the players watched themselves this year?

It disgusts me when any team offers an extra cash incentive to a player on top of his already ludicrous wages.

If pulling that blue top over your chest to the sound of 50,000 roaring Bears isn't enough of an incentive to go out and give it your all, then you don't deserve to play for my team. Simple.

It's nice to think as a fan that the guys that pull on that famous blue jersey do it for the love of the club, but for most of them we know that's not the case. How can you expect foreign guys to understand the tradition and what it means compared to the Scottish gus who have grown up with the club? One of the main reasons they pick us over another club is the money so I think there should be incentives decided at the start of each season so the squad knows what is on offer if they perform and bring trophies to the football club.

I also believe that with Rangers in a very poor financial state we should be looking towards moving to incentive based contracts with lower basic wages with bonuses related to win/draw/loss, european qualification and trophies.

If they can't motivate themselves to want to win that game considering the money they are already on they shouldn't be at rangers.

While I do completely agree with this, and every other statement along the same lines... I have to say I would be definitely offering a bonus. Prob make it 40/50k.

What's the point in agreeing a bonus structure at the beginning of the season if you are going to ignore it and throw more money at it?

It's just giving cash away at a time when we can't afford it. There will be a bonus in place. The players don't need any more than that.

Are you Martin Bain?

The bonuses are all agreed at the start of each season. I would love to find out what the structure is.

Do they get normal win bonuses for beating Hamilton and St Mirren?

If so, do they get the same bonus for beating Hamilton at Ibrox as they do for beating Hearts at Tynecastle?

Or are the bonuses dependant on final league position?

Are there extra bonuses for winning OF games?

Are the bonuses the same for every player, per games played, or are some players on bigger bonuses than others?

In a previous job I worked at, one of the clients was a Scum player of European origin. In his file was a copy of his contract, and the thing that stuck out to me was that the win bonus. He got the same for beating any other team in the league, home or away, but 4 times that amount for a OF victory. A similar structure for the domestic cups. He got a bonus if he played, regardless of the result, and his win bonus on top of that. Thankfully the couple of years this guy was there he must have ended up skint! (Early 90's)

Does any bear have any info on our current bonus structure?

Having the chance to play for the Rangers in a title winning game should be enough motivation for anyone.

£30000 x 18 = £540000

Winning this title = Priceless !

Does any bear have any info on our current bonus structure?

No but I will throw in a little anecdote involving Fergus McCann.

Many years ago a company I was involved with bought one of Fergus McCann's companies. This was before he bought Celtic. He had quite an interesting bonus structure:

10% of the company's profits went to the staff as a bonus.

50% of this amount was shared equally between the staff.

The staff would then vote on who had been the most helpful among the other staff.

The remaining 50% was shared out as follows:

The top third of staff got 2/3 of the remainder

The middle third got 1/3

The bottom third got none.

Arguably a good way to make sure that all staff are helpful at all times.

What's the point in agreeing a bonus structure at the beginning of the season if you are going to ignore it and throw more money at it?

It's just giving cash away at a time when we can't afford it. There will be a bonus in place. The players don't need any more than that.

Are you Martin Bain?

If we put football aside for one minute hear for the purpose of this hypothetical question.

I have a sales force and i agree their bonus system prior to the beginning of each quarter which tends to be based on me paying them their On Target Earnings for hitting our budgeted figures PLUS 10%. Half way through the quarter, i get hit with a huge bill that i need to cover which means i need to now find another £100k of revenue in order to get me back toi my starting point. What do i do.

a) Remind the guys they are lucky to work for me and be in a job so go and find £100k

b) Create an additional incentive scheme that costs me £5,000 but delivers £105,000

I also ask again, if anyone went into their work tomorrow, no matter how much you loved your job and how proud you were to work for such a great company, if your boss offered you an extra 3 or 4 weeks wages if you achieved a target he gave you over 90 minutes, would you give that bit extra to achieve it ? I personally would and have no qualms about saying so.

As for me being Martin Bain..... I wish i had the privelidge of being in his job ;)

As for me defending Martin Bain to the hilt GCL. I think i have only done that once and have said on loads of occassions that i dont know fully what he does but i reserve judgement on him rather than making shit up just to beat him with.... :sherlock:

Are you Martin Bain?

If we put football aside for one minute hear for the purpose of this hypothetical question.

I have a sales force and i agree their bonus system prior to the beginning of each quarter which tends to be based on me paying them their On Target Earnings for hitting our budgeted figures PLUS 10%. Half way through the quarter, i get hit with a huge bill that i need to cover which means i need to now find another £100k of revenue in order to get me back toi my starting point. What do i do.

a) Remind the guys they are lucky to work for me and be in a job so go and find £100k

b) Create an additional incentive scheme that costs me £5,000 but delivers £105,000

I also ask again, if anyone went into their work tomorrow, no matter how much you loved your job and how proud you were to work for such a great company, if your boss offered you an extra 3 or 4 weeks wages if you achieved a target he gave you over 90 minutes, would you give that bit extra to achieve it ? I personally would and have no qualms about saying so.

As for me being Martin Bain..... I wish i had the privelidge of being in his job ;)

As for me defending Martin Bain to the hilt GCL. I think i have only done that once and have said on loads of occassions that i dont know fully what he does but i reserve judgement on him rather than making shit up just to beat him with.... :sherlock:

What you have quoted is a slightly different scenario from what we have with Rangers. You are using a scenario of achieving something in addition to what the target is at the end of the quarter.

If you agree the bonus with your sales force and they are not quite there towards the end of the quarter, would you say, "You are almost there guys. Have some more bonus on top of what you are already trying to achieve. You need to sell more to achieve that bonus that we agreed, but have some more on top of that just to make sure."?

That's no way to run a business. The salemen make more money by not achieving their target until the last possible moment, and that will be in their minds come the next quarter.